Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Multiplayer FPS Rekoil announced as Xbox console exclusive

http://www.oxm.co.uk/58579/multiplay...ole-exclusive/

505 Games has announced an Xbox Live Arcade version of Plastic Piranha's
    Rekoil, a post-apocalyptic multiplayer FPS that's built specifically for eSports. It'll launch later this year, and will feature user-generated maps (with competitions to decide how they arrive on Xbox Live). Find screens and announcement materials below.

"Already gathering a loyal following amongst hardcore gamers, the eSports community and gaming media, Rekoil is a multiplayer FPS set in a world devastated by an unrelenting pandemic with a focus on support for modding, customizable servers, and esports," reads the release. Rekoil is a shooter the way you want it."

It's a class-based affair that shuns certain of Call of Duty's more imitated trappings. "Rekoil is focused entirely on balanced, infantry-based combat across numerous locations without kill streaks and other unfair advantages. From the fast moving Assault class, to the heavily armed and dangerous Heavy Gunner class, a player's skill is always at the forefront." Sounds like I'm going to struggle then.
    "The team here at 505 Games are really proud of the relationships we've forged with independent developers such as Starbreeze Studios, Re-Logic and Serellan over the last couple of years," 505's senior vice-president of global brand and marketing Tim Woodley chimed in. "We're really excited to add Plastic Piranha to that list with Rekoil, which promises to deliver fast paced, thrill-a-minute competitive shooting with player choice at the center of the experience.

Piranha's "Minister of Chaos" Kevin Dent is also thrilled. "For us, joining the 505 stable was a no brainer, the team at 505 truly backed our ideas and vision for Rekoil, and we feel that our team has delivered a hugely entertaining game, but we wanted to join the most indie friendly publisher in the industry today and in our mind, that is 505. I look forward to seeing everyone running and gunning."

Will you be among those running and gunning?
    Last edited by The Sith; 07-18-2013 at 08:06.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It does sound like it will be a pretty fun game. Only time will tell though.

Forum Elder
    nice to hear of another exclusive.

Soldier 95B
    Yeah, looks to be yet another solid exclusive.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I don't see how those pictures represent how a game "looks to be yet another solid exclusive". Visually, it looks horrible in those two pictures.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't see how those pictures represent how a game "looks to be yet another solid exclusive". Visually, it looks horrible in those two pictures.
    I was going by the articles description of the game and gameplay. I was posting images to add pretty pictures to the thread. It's an XBLA title, I wasn't expecting Halo 4 graphics.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I was going by the articles description of the game and gameplay. I was posting images to add pretty pictures to the thread. It's an XBLA title, I wasn't expecting Halo 4 graphics.
    Lol. I'd remove those pictures. I adblocked them so I wouldn't start not wanting to play the game already lol.

Thread Information