Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I don't think Need for Speed had real-time weather dynamics based on real-time weather in said locations
    ie if it's raining in the UK its raining in the game, if it stops its stops in the game
    That is what they're talkin about, No?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    That sounds like the EA Sports games.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lets not get confused, this is real time light rendering which is why it has a day night cycle.

Endurance races can start at dawn and play through till night.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Dedicated Member
    Apart from the real time lighting, the rest of the gfx look pretty basic run of the mill stuff. And they still havent managed to get this game up and running at 60 frames (maybe in the final version?).Either ways, i'll pass over this game. I want to see a GT or motorstorm for ps4.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Apart from the real time lighting, the rest of the gfx look pretty basic run of the mill stuff. And they still havent managed to get this game up and running at 60 frames (maybe in the final version?).Either ways, i'll pass over this game. I want to see a GT or motorstorm for ps4.
    Evolution did a good job polishing motorstorm in the months leading up to the ps3 launch. Pretty much every showing of the game had improvements with the final game looking pretty damn good for a first gen title.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    Evolution did a good job polishing motorstorm in the months leading up to the ps3 launch. Pretty much every showing of the game had improvements with the final game looking pretty damn good for a first gen title.
    They really need to polish this game quite a lot before the ps4 launch. I mean, if you take out the lighting aspect, the rest of the graphics give that ps3 vibe. They dont look like a generational leap. And on top of that, this game is (still) only managing 30 fps.

I wouldve really preferred evolution to do a motorstorm for ps4's launch instead of this game.
    Last edited by rene2kx; 07-19-2013 at 17:58.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    No point in explaining things people should know, just shows why they're here in the first place. The same with quantic dreams, they always surpass there tech demos, but certain members always feel the need to play dumb and go on a rant as to why they will not archive that level of graphics and IQ in a game...Lol and when you ignore the post, they post the same $#@! again just to get a reaction.

Soldier it's been discussed plenty of times the corners turn 10 took to get the game running at 60fps why do you want to play dumb and ask him to explain?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    No point in explaining things people should know, just shows why they're here in the first place. The same with quantic dreams, they always surpass there tech demos, but certain members always feel the need to play dumb and go on a rant as to why they will not archive that level of graphics and IQ in a game...Lol and when you ignore the post, they post the same $#@! again just to get a reaction.

Soldier it's been discussed plenty of times the corners turn 10 took to get the game running at 60fps why do you want to play dumb and ask him to explain?

Because we would like to know. We were not aware of this.

Power Member
    Everywhere else I've been (neogaf, though my account there isn't activated! Somebody ask a mod to greenlight Razvedka -profile there-) has shat all over Drive Club. Doesn't look as good as Forza, half the framerate, lots of LOD pop in, etc..

It's nice that they're pushing the envelope with GI, but how is everything else shaping up?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    http://i.imgur.com/xptKMjr.png

Ultimate Veteran
    I guess we will see when it launches.

Power Member
    Where did the information for the Forza5 reflections and stuff come from?

Ultimate Veteran
    They pulled the same tricks in Forza 4, 30fps mirrors and stuff.
    There has been talk about it in Forza 5 at many places, even teamxbox.

Soldier 95B
    Dynamic lighting development in Forza 5 would be a wasted resource. They don't have time change, so the sun is always in the same location. They choose to use Image Based Lighting, using a sphere, to produce the shadows for the assets so the they are represented true to life, based on that single location of the sun.

Soldier 95B
    Forza 5:

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/196...explained.html

The image-based lighting from Forza 4?

No, no, this is new. This is the material system we’ve brought to the Xbox One, where no material has a colour or texture, it has properties and interactions with light. We can literally go in and go ‘This surface is concrete, no, we’re going to make it asphalt, no, we’re going to make it gun metal’, and it just works in the environment. We don’t have to go in and tweak the lighting and the shading like we have in the past; everything works with light the way it’s supposed to.

That’s really key, because with the power of Xbox One we don’t want to go off and have to deal with eight times the complexity of an air environment. We had to invest in the technology to be able to build smarter. It goes all the way back to how we used laser-scanning, which doesn’t just give us surfaces, it gives us colour and texture as well. We can bring it back as reference for the artists and quickly bring it up to that quality we’re going for.
    Some more cool lighting and material changes related to that:

The reason why we can go for 1080p/60, is the reason why we’ve got the graphical fidelity. We went big on materials in this. I don’t know if you’ve heard about our material system, but even the way we build up paint now, we don’t just do a paint colour, we build the paint up on the car like you do in real life. We do a base coat, we do a metallic coat, and each of those interacting with the light differently. And then we do the clear coat on top of it and each of those is interacting with the light, and that’s how you get the depth and richness of the car. But if we just did that, we would have ended up with cars that almost seem too perfect.

In Forza 4, we had cars that looked really good in auto-vista. So shiny and so perfect, but we had to get the touch of the human hand in there. Going in and getting the scratches on the rotors, getting the score of the paint you get when you wax your car, getting the orange peel from the effect of the spray drops hitting the paint. And then we went into our environment, which was the same rendering system, the same lighting system for our cars…
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 07-19-2013 at 18:53.

Ultimate Veteran
    And this thread is about the power of PS4 and dynamic lighting, Forza can shove it back to the Xbox section .

Dedicated Member
    There is no excuse for next gen racers , on ps4 or xbox, to not be doing 1080p60. 1080p60 should be a standard in racers and sports games next gen.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/xptKMjr.png Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    So Turn 10 had to sacrifice dynamic lighting and day night cycles to achieve 60fps.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    So Turn 10 had to sacrifice dynamic lighting and day night cycles to achieve 60fps.
    Yup. They had to sacrifice dynamic lighting, weather and day/night cycles to achieve 60 fps, 1080p, bottomless pit of physics for each car part, each tire, tire deformation and it's related physics, body damage physics, physics related to swaybar, cross members, shocks, trailing arms, and transmission damage all relative to the amount of damage and the environment it is on, as well as adding on 64,000 additional layers of paint (and their respective paint damage) for each custom paint job for each one of the 16 cars on the track.

Dedicated Member
    Shame that i wont get to play forza 5 because of ms' decisions. I do not want a stupid camera shoved down my throat which i have zero interest in. You have to keep the kinect always hooked to the xbox to make it work, you cant even stash that pos in a closet or something. wtf ms?

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    They really need to polish this game quite a lot before the ps4 launch. I mean, if you take out the lighting aspect, the rest of the graphics give that ps3 vibe. They dont look like a generational leap. And on top of that, this game is (still) only managing 30 fps.

I wouldve really preferred evolution to do a motorstorm for ps4's launch instead of this game.
    tHE GAME WILL DEFO BE 60FPS AS THE DEVS WOULDNT TAKE ABOUT IT SO OPENLY IF THEY DIDNT THINK THEY COULD MANAGE IT.

balls i had caps lock on

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Yup. They had to sacrifice dynamic lighting, weather and day/night cycles to achieve 60 fps, 1080p, bottomless pit of physics for each car part, each tire, tire deformation and it's related physics, body damage physics, physics related to swaybar, cross members, shocks, trailing arms, and transmission damage all relative to the amount of damage and the environment it is on, as well as adding on 64,000 additional layers of paint (and their respective paint damage) for each custom paint job for each one of the 16 cars on the track.
    So it seems like what you're saying is the Forza devs (who love cars by the way) built their game from the inside out. Which is to say they worried about everything car first, from the physics and paint of the car, then built out from there. So lighting, which looks $#@!ing fantastic by the way, was one of the last things they were probably worried about in the grand scheme of things.

Makes sense for a car game. That's what you get when you have car lovers making a car game.

Forza: Where Dreams are Driven.

Thankfully these dreams will be true to form.

lol

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    So it seems like what you're saying is the Forza devs (who love cars by the way) built their game from the inside out. Which is to say they worried about everything car first, from the physics and paint of the car, then built out from there. So lighting, which looks $#@!ing fantastic by the way, was one of the last things they were probably worried about in the grand scheme of things.

Makes sense for a car game. That's what you get when you have car lovers making a car game.

Forza: Where Dreams are Driven.

Thankfully these dreams will be true to form.

lol
    While what you say is true, remember that these are two different games. This Driveclub is a 30 fps game that wants to look pretty, be a fun arcade racer, and give the gamers weather and day/night cycles. Forza is a racing simulator and was designed as a simulator. One game sacrifices in some areas to obtain others, and vice versa.

Some gamers want a game designed from the outside in, and some want it from the inside out. There is room for both.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    To be fair, Driveclub's final fps isn't known yet, they are still aiming for 60fps.

Soldier 95B
    D
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    To be fair, Driveclub's final fps isn't known yet, they are still aiming for 60fps.
    It's 30fps, the engineers would like to try to bump it to 60fps, but the designers are not sure they can get there.

There is a hell of a lot going on," he told OPM. "Increased visual fidelity does cost, there's no argument about it. The PlayStation 4 is very capable of doing both but we've gone for a fully dynamic environment, so you can go any time of day, anywhere on the planet, and it'll calculate the atmospheric density, whether you're up the top of a mountain or at sea level."

He adds, "So while we are aiming for sixty, there is always the chance that we'll never quite reach there."

Games like Gran Turismo on PS3 opted to target 60fps at the expense of environmental detail. But at Evolution Studios - the developer of the MotorStorm series - rich environments would seem to be somewhat a priority.

"If I had my way, I'd rather have more stuff going on at a prettier level and a lower frame rate, but that's where the arguments start," admits Perkins.

"The coders would rather have a higher frame rate, and put less stuff in. So it comes down to Col [Rodgers, game director]'s decision in the long run. Personally I'm quite happy with a 30 frames a second game, as long as it's rock solid at thirty, and being an art director I want it to look beautiful."
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 07-19-2013 at 23:19.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Yes, so, final fps is still not known yet.

Thread Information