Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 7
    Veteran
    (double post due to 500 error)
    Last edited by bobtheduck; 07-21-2013 at 07:20.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    The guy narrating that video sounds Aussie. Is there a noticeable difference that people can tell between an Aussie accent and NZ accent?
    Yeah. Besides some minor simple vowel differences (which also exist between east coast and west coast australia), there's also a difference in average speaking speed and sound length. Aussies tend to have a bit of a drawl, much like many southern US dialects. I'm sure there is the occasional vocabulary difference. Aussie English borrows from Aboriginal languages. I have no clue if Kiwi English does the same with Maori, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

As for the Dynamic Global Illumination... Cool? I guess this is the wrong thread for me. I've never been into serious racers. I was a bit excited hearing it was by the motorstorm guys, but after seeing the video, I realized it was just slightly a more arcadey sim with an indestructible car... Hope PS4 gets a motorstorm game.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaystation View Post
    No performance customisation, to be accurate.
    Witch is something I actually appreciate: there will be enough different cars to have different drive physics / feels to experience. ...performance tuning would draw the focus away from actual racing, make the results harder to compare, etc. Just not necessarily.

About visual customisation, he said you can create your own team logos. I'm not sure though if you can also change e.g. the color of your car at all?! This indeed is something I'd find pretty important for an premium racing game of next gen consoles...
    Yeah probably should have specified the performance part. It just seems odd not to have this aspect in a racing game. Not saying it's a deal breaker. Just something I guess I've grown accustomed to.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    So what makes this game so incredible??? Am I missing something??
    Been asking the same thing and getting no answers.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    The guy narrating that video sounds Aussie. Is there a noticeable difference that people can tell between an Aussie accent and NZ accent?
    For people in the know, Yes, there is.

Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    Yeah. Besides some minor simple vowel differences (which also exist between east coast and west coast australia), there's also a difference in average speaking speed and sound length. Aussies tend to have a bit of a drawl, much like many southern US dialects. I'm sure there is the occasional vocabulary difference. Aussie English borrows from Aboriginal languages. I have no clue if Kiwi English does the same with Maori, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
    Pretty much spot on.

I'd add that our vowel pronunciation is, to put it nicely, flat/lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Oh boy....

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    What makes Forza 5 so much more incredible than 4? What makes GT6 so much better than 5? It's a racing game that is gorgeous and has potential. People are excited. The clan system in the game sounds pretty awesome IMO. Very intrigued. Not to mention handling is key to a racing game and none of us, except for a select few on the forms have played this game so why discredit it?

7. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    What makes Forza 5 so much more incredible than 4? What makes GT6 so much better than 5? It's a racing game that is gorgeous and has potential. People are excited. The clan system in the game sounds pretty awesome IMO. Very intrigued. Not to mention handling is key to a racing game and none of us, except for a select few on the forms have played this game so why discredit it?
    lol exactly.

The thread talks about Dynamic Global Illumination. Which refers to how the game looks. Which in turn produces the awe-inspired reactions (because of how the game looks).

Nothing to do with how or rather why (which is a $#@!ing pointless question to ask anyway) people like the game.

I'd STFU if I were continuing to go down this road.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    It's a new IP, anything new is exciting, IMO.
    We don't know exactly how this game will look and feel.
    Unless you don't like racing games, then I wouldn't be excited either.
    Just the idea of a new racing game that isn't GT, or Forza is enough for me to be excited.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    lol exactly.

The thread talks about Dynamic Global Illumination. Which refers to how the game looks. Which in turn produces the awe-inspired reactions (because of how the game looks).

Nothing to do with how or rather why (which is a $#@!ing pointless question to ask anyway) people like the game.

I'd STFU if I were continuing to go down this road.
    Exactly. I've played many games that I thought were $#@!. I've seen games that I thought were noting special but others were wowed by it. Different strokes for different folks.

Dedicated Member
    Did he say the cars handle exactly the same, regardless of the level of damage?
    PSN = prison_inmate

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    Sony makes both better hardware and software than MS. That's a fact. PS3 games were much better designed than any MS first party games. MS is not even good at making Windows lol. They constantly cut corners with their products. You must be in another world with the comments you be posting. I have never been impressed technically with anything from MS.
    Sony makes $#@! software. But so does MS. Sonys is just worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    DriveClub will be awesome. That is all.
    This man speaks the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

14. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    That's too dope. I just pray customization is deep and free. We also need an official Driveclub thread. Somebody needs to get on top of that!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Dedicated Member
    This game, of what has been shown so far, has nothing next gen looking about it. The trees and foliage look crap, for one. All this 'dynamic global illumination' rhetoric just looks like pre-baked lighting effects scattered through the environments. And the game is only hitting 30 fps. The reflections on the cars look decent though. All in all, it looks very average from videos released until now. The above link says the graphics are improving by the day, so i'll reserve final judgment for later.

Thread Information