Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    smart dealers don't want people to OD do you want pure coke is used for?
    Coca cola.
    Everybody knows that

Dedicated Member

Should marijuana be legalized? I believe so.

Should other drugs be legalized?

Can anyone give me a legitimate reason to allow this....

Some drugs are just plain bad and need to remain illegal.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I think humans needs freedom to do whatever they want to do with their lives. Why does the government dictate what's good for you and what's bad for you? They might as well just say you live like we tell you to live and die like we want you to die.

I don't really care if Drugs is legalized or not, it will not affect me or million others as well. Those who want drugs will get it whether it was legal or not.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    I think humans needs freedom to do whatever they want to do with their lives. Why does the government dictate what's good for you and what's bad for you? They might as well just say you live like we tell you to live and die like we want you to die.

I don't really care if Drugs is legalized or not, it will not affect me or million others as well. Those who want drugs will get it whether it was legal or not.
    It will affect you, where are you living will have more crime, seen it with my own eyes, I have known people that have been robbed by smack heads (heroin junkies) also I have been offered a plasma TV for a knock down price of 200 because it was stolen by a smack head, also I have seen smack heads get their gear off their dealer then totally blank all other people they are with until they get their high.

If all drugs was legal guaranteed your area would see a lot more burglaries, cars being stolen, prostitution and muggings.

5. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Should other drugs be legalized?

Can anyone give me a legitimate reason to allow this....

Some drugs are just plain bad and need to remain illegal.
    Well, clearly keeping them illegal doesn't work. The least we can do is stop imprisoning people for what they do to their own bodies, and also offer them aid in getting off the drugs. If the argument is that these drugs are dangerous, then should we also ban fatty foods, skydiving, and vehicles?
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Why does the government dictate what's good for you and what's bad for you?
    It's not just about you, it's about other people and everyone. Texting and driving may be good for you, but it's not good for another person if you crash into them and cause them spinal damage because you couldn't wait.

It's the same with smoking cigerettes. You can smoke, but do it outside. Not everyone wants lung cancer or some people care whether or not they end up with cancer.

Keefy explained it pretty well, but I don't see how legalizing the drugs would create more crime. I think crime would actually go down. The crime would then revolve around other illegal activities.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    It will affect you, where are you living will have more crime, seen it with my own eyes, I have known people that have been robbed by smack heads (heroin junkies) also I have been offered a plasma TV for a knock down price of 200 because it was stolen by a smack head, also I have seen smack heads get their gear off their dealer then totally blank all other people they are with until they get their high.

If all drugs was legal guaranteed your area would see a lot more burglaries, cars being stolen, prostitution and muggings.
    I'm not sure about that though. My uncle was a drug addict, and i lived in a neighborhood filled with them and i have not seen such a thing happen. They do this $#@! cause it is not socially acceptable to be a drug user and you can't get a job anywhere if you are. if they are accepted in the community just like those people who get drunk do you think $#@! like this would happen?

Who are you or me, to decide what's good for someone else. Everyone should do whatever they want to do as long as they don't affect you or affect your life.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    It's not just about you, it's about other people and everyone. Texting and driving may be good for you, but it's not good for another person if you crash into them and cause them spinal damage because you couldn't wait.

It's the same with smoking cigerettes. You can smoke, but do it outside. Not everyone wants lung cancer or some people care whether or not they end up with cancer.

Keefy explained it pretty well, but I don't see how legalizing the drugs would create more crime. I think crime would actually go down. The crime would then revolve around other illegal activities.
    Just like you said if it doesn't really affect you, you get no say in it whatsoever. Texting and driving is a different matter.

Veteran
    Just like you said if it doesn't really affect you, you get no say in it whatsoever. Texting and driving is a different matter.
    It does affect me and it affects everyone else who has to inhale that second hand smoke. People have gotten cancer without ever smoking a cigarette because they were around inconsiderate smokers.

Drugs affect me too and they affect the community. Neighborhoods are messed up because of drugs and people I care about have their futures destroyed. No, you can't tell me drugs don't affect me or the people I love. You don't have to be a user or dealer for it to affect you.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Portugal is the only place that legalized for drug used i can tell you that theirs less people doing drugs in that country

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    It does affect me and it affects everyone else who has to inhale that second hand smoke. People have gotten cancer without ever smoking a cigarette because they were around inconsiderate smokers.

Drugs affect me too and they affect the community. Neighborhoods are messed up because of drugs and people I care about have their futures destroyed. No, you can't tell me drugs don't affect me or the people I love. You don't have to be a user or dealer for it to affect you.
    That's not what i meant. If someone smokes far away from it doesn't affect you, If someone got some coc far away from you it doesn't affect you.

Cigarettes are known to cause cancer why are they still legal? Alcohol, a lot of people die from it every year why is it still legal? Pharmaceutical drugs that have really bad side effects, why are they still being sold to the public? It's their choice. In the land of free you're not really free, but imprisoned by your own government rules. They say people will follow.

Veteran
    That's not what i meant. If someone smokes far away from it doesn't affect you, If someone got some coc far away from you it doesn't affect you.
    It's going to affect the people it is around and the neighborhood it is in.

Cigarettes are known to cause cancer why are they still legal? Alcohol, a lot of people die from it every year why is it still legal? Pharmaceutical drugs that have really bad side effects, why are they still being sold to the public? It's their choice. In the land of free you're not really free, but imprisoned by your own government rules. They say people will follow.
    Cigarettes and alcohol have too much power and too much money. There are, however, restrictions and those restrictions are expanding, such as taxing it and etc.

Drugs do have side effects, but we need those drugs. A schizophrenic person would rather have occasional tremors and constipation than have hallucinations and think aliens are after them. We NEED drugs and herbs.

This is the land of the free, but nothing in life is perfect. Nothing in life is perfect and can be perfect.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    It's going to affect the people it is around and the neighborhood it is in.

Cigarettes and alcohol have too much power and too much money. There are, however, restrictions and those restrictions are expanding, such as taxing it and etc.

Drugs do have side effects, but we need those drugs. A schizophrenic person would rather have occasional tremors and constipation than have hallucinations and think aliens are after them. We NEED drugs and herbs.

This is the land of the free, but nothing in life is perfect. Nothing in life is perfect and can be perfect.
    So is drugs. Making them legal and taxing them would actually benefit the States.

Medical drugs are just as bad. Why not spend millions on research for natural medicines, rather than spending million for the war on drugs and terrorism?

Anyway, this is my opinion on the subject. Trying to explain anything to anyone who is not willing to understand is a big waste of time

Veteran
    So is drugs. Making them legal and taxing them would actually benefit the States.

Medical drugs are just as bad. Why not spend millions on research for natural medicines, rather than spending million for the war on drugs and terrorism?

Anyway, this is my opinion on the subject. Trying to explain anything to anyone who is not willing to understand is a big waste of time
    I AM willing to understand, but you haven't said anything that can't be refuted or I don't already agree on. Anyone seeing this discussion will probably agree.

Medical drugs ARE not nearly as bad and actually serve a purpose other than entertainment. I actually agree that we should use more funds on treatments for cancer and AIDS. Some drugs should be legalized, BUT watered down so they would be safer.

Supreme Veteran
    I'm not sure about that though. My uncle was a drug addict, and i lived in a neighborhood filled with them and i have not seen such a thing happen. They do this $#@! cause it is not socially acceptable to be a drug user and you can't get a job anywhere if you are. if they are accepted in the community just like those people who get drunk do you think $#@! like this would happen?

Who are you or me, to decide what's good for someone else. Everyone should do whatever they want to do as long as they don't affect you or affect your life.
    They steal $#@! because they have no money and it is the fastest and easiest way to get money not because its not accepted to be a druggy.

They cannot get a job because of their lifestyle, they slip into late nights, not eating regular meals agitated when not had a hit and so on.

There are obviously exceptions, for example that guy that just recently died, the actor from Glee TV show. He was well presented, respected etc, yet he was an addict, but not everyone can handle it that way, the vast majority slip into crime because they do not have a decent job or prospects to begin with and a minimum wage job will not feed their habit so why bother working 10 hours per day.

Making it legal changes bugger all.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-27-2013 at 03:14.

Forum Sage

I AM willing to understand, but you haven't said anything that can't be refuted or I don't already agree on. Anyone seeing this discussion will probably agree.

Medical drugs ARE not nearly as bad and actually serve a purpose other than entertainment. I actually agree that we should use more funds on treatments for cancer and AIDS. Some drugs should be legalized, BUT watered down so they would be safer.
    Completely false by almost all accounts. There will always be someone who will have an allergic reaction, blood clot, thinned blood, bleeding, swelling, headaches, loss of appetite, mood swings, suicidal thoughts, anxiety attack, sleep deprivation, rashes, burns and an assortment of other side effects including and not limited to death. Most medical drugs are far worse than the disease they're trying to cure, treat or control could ever hope to be and far worse still than these hard drugs out on the streets. The only difference in most cases is merely that one has legal, financial and lobbied backing while the other is tabooed because it can't be controlled or taxed.

My stance is and will always be, either legalize it all or prohibit it all. No in-between.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Drugs, in moderation, are perfectly fine.
    So do you think drugs like cocaine and heroine that have devastating side effects should be watered down to be safer?
    I believe what he meant is moderate use. Cleaner drugs used properly with moderation and not abused.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

exactly. in today's society(speaking of America here), it's not what's best for you it's what's best for the whole people. the good of the collective is more important than the good of one. google that phrase and see what shows up and see if u still think we live in a "democratic capitalist" country

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    you can tell who uses them and who does not

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    you can tell who uses them and who does not
    yea but Honeslty coke is one of the ones that's harder to tell IMO. unless the person is totally twitching out and running their teeth all the time

moving on tapatalk

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    yea but Honeslty coke is one of the ones that's harder to tell IMO. unless the person is totally twitching out and running their teeth all the time

moving on tapatalk
    let me guess you don't do them

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    let me guess you don't do them
    depends on which ones we're talking about.

moving on tapatalk

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    depends on which ones we're talking about.

moving on tapatalk
    weed is not a drug it's a herb

Thread Information