Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Err, that chart is specific to a latop which can be supplemented with system memory.

What its saying is, rather than have a 1gb memory set aside for you laptop memory. Supplement it with 512mb of GDDR5.

All it goes to prove is a smaller amount of fast ram can help boast you performance over all....(cough ESRAM).

2. Likes Foraeli likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    wait since when does the ps4 have 4.5 GB of usable ram? was that said somewhere?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    wait since when does the ps4 have 4.5 GB of usable ram? was that said somewhere?
    Sony have issued a statement that basically ignores that and corrects Eurogamer about the flexible ram side of it. You can take that as pretty much as "we didn't correct you on that because you are correct".

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    ahh i see, well either way the games are going to be awesome, i don't see why people are freaking out over it?!?!

ahh i see, well either way the games are going to be awesome, i don't see why people are freaking out over it?!?!
    You should see the IGN forums. It's ugly over there. lol

imo this doesn't effect anyone but the developers and I doubt they are having much of a problem if at all.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Sony have issued a statement that basically ignores that and corrects Eurogamer about the flexible ram side of it. You can take that as pretty much as "we didn't correct you on that because you are correct".
    I'm willing to say the article is likely right but why don't you treat this the same way as the 3 os 3gb rumor? Ms didn't come out and say not true. That could easily be seen as, not defending so it must be true. Why can't we just do what you always say and wait for confirmation from the horses mouth? It does look like they are guilty but the same could be said for Ms not debunking the 3gb rumor. Rumor until confirmed right?

Sent from Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk 4 beta.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

8. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I'm willing to say the article is likely right but why don't you treat this the same way as the 3 os 3gb rumor? Ms didn't come out and say not true. That could easily be seen as, not defending so it must be true. Why can't we just do what you always say and wait for confirmation from the horses mouth? It does look like they are guilty but the same could be said for Ms not debunking the 3gb rumor. Rumor until confirmed right? Sent from Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk 4 beta.
    Yep, definitely a double standard going on there.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by Insect View Post
    You should see the IGN forums. It's ugly over there. lol

imo this doesn't effect anyone but the developers and I doubt they are having much of a problem if at all.
    right, there are nothing but a bunch of ignorant dumbasses that post on there.

I'm willing to say the article is likely right but why don't you treat this the same way as the 3 os 3gb rumor? Ms didn't come out and say not true. That could easily be seen as, not defending so it must be true. Why can't we just do what you always say and wait for confirmation from the horses mouth? It does look like they are guilty but the same could be said for Ms not debunking the 3gb rumor. Rumor until confirmed right?
    right on psfreak, double standards big time. god forbid sony has something over MS or its called bull$#@!, but if MS has something over sony its god given fact
    Last edited by JDizzleNO1; 07-28-2013 at 04:45.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

MS has said "around that mark", I've always been willing to accept that, I've never said it's considerably larger. All Ive said is we don't have actually hard numbers, for either.
    So while people say 3gb, for all we know it could be 2.75 or 3.25.

As for my comment above, I was just explaining why people feel its confirmed.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-28-2013 at 05:30.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    MS has said "around that mark", I've always been willing to accept that, I've never said it's considerably larger. All Ive said is we don't have actually hard numbers, for either.
    So while people say 3gb, for all we know it could be 2.75 or 3.25.

As for my comment above, I was just explaining why people feel its confirmed.
    They both are rumors in my book as well. I'm not that bothered by any of it. It's not like 5 GB is not good enough. I'm a gamer not a dev. This stuff doesn't really bother me all that much. If we were looking at half being used for OS then it might would be something to $#@! about. But honestly, would either of these benefit substantially from an extra gb to work with? Could they pull off some amazing feat or would it simply make the development process easier to deal with because they can load onto the ram more? You know I'm not the most versed in this.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Lets put it this way, as long as you have enough scratch space to stream stuff, your aint going to care how much gbs are in these system once you get above 2.

Hell every single triple a game is going to be streaming anyway.

Forum Elder

I think all most everyone assumes Xbox ONE has 5gb to play with, while other's made such a big thing of the PS4 having 7. you know like mistercrow complaining about Xbox One's bloated OS. turns out PS4 has the same problem.
    that's why Xbox ONE is not treat in the same way.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    I think all most everyone assumes Xbox ONE has 5gb to play with, while other's made such a big thing of the PS4 having 7. you know like mistercrow complaining about Xbox One's bloated OS. turns out PS4 has the same problem.
    that's why Xbox ONE is not treat in the same way.
    It's not really something I'm concerned with tbh. On XBone the 3gb is understandable with the 3 OS. I just can't for the life of me figure out why the hell the PS4 needs that much ram. If it's futureproof, just seems like overkill. Oh well, devs will figure it out and I seriously doubt that 1gb is going to make a huge difference in what could have been.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Truth be told, the fact that both consoles have more than that card to play with is a good thing for games to come. The ball goes in the PS4s favor, though, because it is better able to flush and manipulate that memory bank not only due to the sheer speed of the memory used but the bandwidth that it affords the system to do so. If Titanfall was more of a PS4 exclusive, they may not be running into the same walls that they are with the XBone for this reason.
    but there not running into walls, they are just trying to make best use of the mem in Xbox ONE.

your 1st theory (wrong) was that they are struggling to fit the game into 5gb of ram (when you thought PS4 had 7gb). so the simple question is that if it was such a problem trying to fit it into 5gb, it will be an even bigger struggle trying to fit it into 4.5gb

you lost the argument, but you can't let it lie. it's now all about the speed of the ram. guess what... i don't care.
    Xbox ONE is getting Titanfall, PS4 as of yet is not. live with it.

just be happy that the PS4 is going to get some fantastic games and try not to concern yourself that the Xbox ONE is also getting some.

Forum Elder
    It's not really something I'm concerned with tbh. On XBone the 3gb is understandable with the 3 OS. I just can't for the life of me figure out why the hell the PS4 needs that much ram. If it's futureproof, just seems like overkill. Oh well, devs will figure it out and I seriously doubt that 1gb is going to make a huge difference in what could have been.
    i've always assumed myself that with the Xbox ONE having a lot of media stuff that it will need somewhere to run it, hence the 5gb left for games. if Sony are wanting to copy the media side, then they will also need the extra mem to run.

one thing is for sure, if the games i've seen so far are what's possible on the new systems. then i don't have a problem at all with both systems having around 5gb of ram for games. unfortunately for me. i'll not get to actually play those on the PS4 until sometime next year.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yep, definitely a double standard going on there.
    double standard?

it was assumed that Titanfall would run better on the PS4's 7gb of ram (am i right in thinking you said something about the Xbox ONE having a bloated OS and they should have used the extra ram for games) over the 5gb of Xbox ONE. now they are more evenly matched memory wise are we to assume the dev will now have the same struggle with PS4?

i think this thread has now run it's course for me, have a good day.

http://lmgtfy.com

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    double standard? it was assumed that Titanfall would run better on the PS4's 7gb of ram (am i right in thinking you said something about the Xbox ONE having a bloated OS and they should have used the extra ram for games) over the 5gb of Xbox ONE. now they are more evenly matched memory wise are we to assume the dev will now have the same struggle with PS4? i think this thread has now run it's course for me, have a good day. http://lmgtfy.com
    Yep, I did say X1 OS was bloated so what? PS4 OS is now bloated too or perhaps Sony is reserving RAM for extra features down the road. Sure I would have liked to have seen more RAM for games but both will still have good looking games. I'm not impressed by Titanfall but I am impressed by Forza 5 http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...-view-gameplay just like I'm impressed by Killzone SF and Infamous SS.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-28-2013 at 17:37.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    double standard?

it was assumed that Titanfall would run better on the PS4's 7gb of ram (am i right in thinking you said something about the Xbox ONE having a bloated OS and they should have used the extra ram for games) over the 5gb of Xbox ONE. now they are more evenly matched memory wise are we to assume the dev will now have the same struggle with PS4?

i think this thread has now run it's course for me, have a good day.

http://lmgtfy.com
    i think he's referring to the fact that when somebody says something good or whatever about ps4, they need to have a more "concrete" or less bull$#@! source, while when someone comes out with something about the XBO, its concrete and valid. im seeing it here and so is mistercrow. that is what i mean also by double standards.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    i think he's referring to the fact that when somebody says something good or whatever about ps4, they need to have a more "concrete" or less bull$#@! source, while when someone comes out with something about the XBO, its concrete and valid. im seeing it here and so is mistercrow. that is what i mean also by double standards.
    No, this is a example of the double standard Yungstar is referring to:

Yep 3GB of RAM being taken up that could be used for games just so it can run 3 OS in order to be a Kinect mandatory multimedia machine. Thats alot of RAM being filled with OS. Just more evidence that MS has lost their focus.
    MS loses focus when they do it but when sony does it, it's a good thing and they are reserving it for extra features down the road.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-28-2013 at 22:48.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No, this is a example of the double standard Yungstar is referring to:

MS loses focus when they do it but when sony does it, it's a good thing and they are reserving it for extra features down the road.
    EXACTLY! Just goes along with my saying Sony=BRILLIANT, Microsoft=DESPERATE bias here. That is... both companies can do the EXACT or NEAR IDENTICAL actions, but ONLY ONE will be DISMISSED for it while the other is PRAISED.

Microsoft was raked for adding all these NON-GAME features that BLOAT up the OS footprints to a total of 3GB....YET..... Sony APPEARS to be reserving a lot of RAM for FUTURE features that are likely to at least COPY or MIMIC some of the Xbox One's features.

Of course that's SPECULATION. But since the devs won't be able use that RAM for their games, it's REASONABLE speculation that it's either for non-game related stuff or MODERATELY game related.

I don't see how 5GB isn't enough for Titanfall. There must be something wrong with the developers because there are much more intensive games out on the PC which are currently using DDR3 and only need 2 to 3GB RAM at the most. This has got to be an error on the developer end or something.

Super Elite
    Basically, one could have called this thread-
    Respawn has been vocal about not knowing how to work with all the RAM that the X1 has available yet.

Superior Member

MS reserves 3GB for their OS and it is bloated, they dont care about gamers, they only care about features. Sony does the same and all of a sudden they are visionaries keeping their options open, and now 5GB is more than enough for games.

And we were constantly told that consoles should be about games and games alone, that world no longer exists.

Developers said that there really wasnt a huge gap between these two consoles, and it looks like they were right.
    This section was an absolute bore, its good that we now get to talk about games and the console without the constant trolling that was a feature.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Thread Information