Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3

So it's ok that...

Games as horrible looking as Crimson Dragon are running at 30fps, but not KZ:SF, DC, or Knack? All I hear on other boards is how PS4 doesn't have any games running at 60fps/1080p besides BF4, and that the PS4 must not be as powerful as SONY is hyping. Gotta love console wars and the double standards that go along with them.

2. Likes Shingo , Suzano-O, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    Games as horrible looking as Crimson Dragon are running at 30fps, but not KZ:SF, DC, or Knack? All I hear on other boards is how PS4 doesn't have any games running at 60fps/1080p besides BF4, and that the PS4 must not be as powerful as SONY is hyping. Gotta love console wars and the double standards that go along with them.
    Yea, glad someone else is mentioning it. I thought it was weird just how bad Crimson Dragon looked. You'd think they'd use higher polycounts and textures on the main dragon you are controlling atleast. If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought it was a regular 360 game.

And what's funny is, BF4 is one of the best looking games, so having that be the one running at 60FPS with 64-66 players blowing buildings up with realtime physics and vehicle warfare all over on humongous stages should shut people up about the capabilities of the PS4, but no.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    Yea, glad someone else is mentioning it. I thought it was weird just how bad Crimson Dragon looked. You'd think they'd use higher polycounts and textures on the main dragon you are controlling atleast. If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought it was a regular 360 game.

And what's funny is, BF4 is one of the best looking games, so having that be the one running at 60FPS with 64-66 players blowing buildings up with realtime physics and vehicle warfare all over on humongous stages should shut people up about the capabilities of the PS4, but no.
    Well we all have to remember, as ps enthusiasts, that people who stay at the other camp will always be trying to doom and gloom the ps4(i patented that phrase btw, but i give permission to use it lol) Plus, it just shows how, uhm, "special" they are. There will be a majority of games that come for ps4 that will run 60 fps. However, there will always be games that don't because their focus isn't on fps or graphics quality, but content. Open world games for example.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We will see xbone games runing at 30 fps also 30 fps is fine as long as its locked and don't dip no matter what's on the screen.
    The human eye can't tell if the game is 30 or 60 fps

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    We will see xbone games runing at 30 fps also 30 fps is fine as long as its locked and don't dip no matter what's on the screen.
    I don't agree with this. It doesn't bother me if I play a game at 30fps or 60fps but I can tell the difference.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Wrong. A human can tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps. your comment about 30 fps is fine, im assuming your saying as long as its in 1080p. If thats the case, I agree. However, with next gen, 60 fps in 1080p is obviously better than 30 fps.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    am i the minority that says "who $#@!ing cares" as long as the game looks good and has good gameplay? i don't understand all this 30 and 60fps talk.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    am i the minority that says "who $#@!ing cares" as long as the game looks good and has good gameplay? i don't understand all this 30 and 60fps talk.
    Well in all honesty it is a who cares, besides the guys splitting hairs and looking for exact specs etc. I am perfectly fine playing 30 fps, as long as the story is good, i couldn't care less. The higher frame rate really applies to mp games such a COD and BF. Majority single player games shouldn't put too much emphasis on it.

10. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    Well in all honesty it is a who cares, besides the guys splitting hairs and looking for exact specs etc. I am perfectly fine playing 30 fps, as long as the story is good, i couldn't care less. The higher frame rate really applies to mp games such a COD and BF. Majority single player games shouldn't put too much emphasis on it.
    Basically this, as long as the 30fps is locked.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Basically this, as long as the 30fps is locked.
    Same. I'm okay with a solid 30 fps.

I don't think that's entirely true. I think it's mostly true for console games that are locked into that frame rate. On PCs... there are issues with monitor refresh rate, among other things, that can make the game appear choppy at that frame rate... and sometimes a higher fps is needed to compensate. There's also VSync to deal with refresh rate issues... but meh.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-20-2013 at 05:39.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Same. I'm okay with a solid 30 fps.

I don't think that's entirely true. I think it's mostly true for console games that are locked into that frame rate. On PCs... there are issues with monitor refresh rate, among other things, that can make the game appear choppy at that frame rate... and sometimes a higher fps is needed to compensate. There's also VSync to deal with refresh rate issues... but meh.
    I agree. Sometimes it depends on the game but the difference between 30 and 60 fps can definitely be seen by a person who's looking for it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    right, i just don't see the arguing or like you said splitting hairs over it. no matter how advanced technology gets there always be 30 or 60 fps games out there, depending on the level of graphic fidelity and whatnot

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    right, i just don't see the arguing or like you said splitting hairs over it. no matter how advanced technology gets there always be 30 or 60 fps games out there, depending on the level of graphic fidelity and whatnot
    Right they will always be out there not only depending on the level of graphic fidelity but on the sole vision and purpose of the game. There is no point in saying well such and such as 1,000,00,00,00,0,0,0,00 fps and one doesn't. Each will have its games where they will have it and each will have games that wont. Does that make the experience of the lower fps games worse? no, it doesn't. its all subjective.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    What's more important to compare is when there's a multiplatform game that is 60fps on 1 console and 30fps on another console. That's when there's an argument about power and performance of 1 console over the other that can come into play.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    What's more important to compare is when there's a multiplatform game that is 60fps on 1 console and 30fps on another console. That's when there's an argument about power and performance of 1 console over the other that can come into play.
    This we will have to wait till launch - 1yr in to see the power gap.

While they are powerful machines, I think the CPU while having 8 cores is rather lacking.
    PS3 is about $200 cheaper than any PC of that power I could build so I am ok with it

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    This we will have to wait till launch - 1yr in to see the power gap.

While they are powerful machines, I think the CPU while having 8 cores is rather lacking.
    PS3 is about $200 cheaper than any PC of that power I could build so I am ok with it
    Well, the CPU is gonna be used more for heavy parallel processing, and the GPU will be doing tons of the complex computing that a CPU like you'd find in the PS3 would do. So, the CPU will have lots of room to handle all the less stressfull processing. It seems to be balanced very well, and will work out even better in the future when they are doing even more GPGPU computing and using the hUMA infrastructure more to it's fullest potential.

Forum Guru
    Games as horrible looking as Crimson Dragon are running at 30fps, but not KZ:SF, DC, or Knack?
    Key words

Superior Member
    EXACTLY! Would all games look great in 60fps? Yes. But 30fps locked is just fine in most cases.

To the the Xbox fans that keep bringing up this 30fps Vs. 60fps? It just reeks of desperation to win an argument more than really being a major factor. Yes...FPSes are best suited for the 60fps.... but 30fps is definitely fast enough to live with.

I can't people are still going on about this 30fps vs 60fps. It just seems petty and silly at this point. IN FACT.... the whole argument has ALWAYS been rather silly!

21. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    the difference between 30 and 60 fps can definitely be seen by a person who's looking for it.
    don't waste time looking for it and problem is solved, 30FPS is all you need really i remember the early days of gaming majority of games were programmed in NTSC and ran at 30FPS, PAL although it had much better resolution had slower FPS resulting in a slowed down game and/or frames had to be skipped, 30FPS is a nice standard to have in this day and age, 60 isn't necessary I don't think and your eyes will care either heck you'll blink every few seconds anyway and miss those extra frames just saying.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Elite Member
    Last time I played a game in 30fps, I literally had to stop playing, go "HOLY $#@! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!!", and Spartan kick that ugly piece of $#@! Blu ray disc right out of the back of my PS3...

Then I drove to Sony (that's right...all the way to Japan, no planes, boats, or rest stops) and smacked the receptionist with my DS3 controller...

Because fps = srs business...

24. Likes darky89 , JDizzleNO1 , mudshark likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Wha?? Horrible looking? Looks great.

I don't care if KZ:SF is 30 fps. Just like I don't care that BF3 is 30 fps. Solid $#@!ING games deserve to be played, 30 or 60 fps. $#@! the frames...play the games.

BTW, isn't the PS4 getting COD Ghost? Is COD Ghost 60fps and 1080p on the PS4 as well?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    To each their own. You're on TXB, you know frame rate is the one thing they cling to over there.
    Last edited by N0REGARD4LIFE; 07-20-2013 at 15:06.

Forum Sage

are you really​ sure about that statement?

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    30Fps is indeed fine as long as it is locked. But i can see the difference between 30fps and 60fps!

Soldier 95B
    To each their own. You're on TXB, you know frame rate is the one thing they cling to over there.
    Believe me, I would take 60 over 30 too...but if it's not 30, BFD. I don't care if is 1080p or 720p either, as long as the game is fun.

30. Likes Christopher likes this post

Thread Information