Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Because in America, women have more rights than men. In America, we have things like alimony, child support, laws that favor women, feminist lobby groups which seek to strip men of rights and fair and equal treatment and the list goes on.
    I agree with this, and that's not to attack women, but it's true almost can't be a man in America, and I'm not saying it's right what's happening in the middle east either.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I also see that women get paid less, women get discriminated against, a movie called The Invisible War, and that women get stalked and raped on a regular basis. Not to mention how many women get molested and inappropriately touched. Do you know what happens when a guy rubs his $#@! on a girl and the girl is unwilling? The law says that's wrong, but if the guy is an athlete or just even a normal guy, the authorities won't do a darn thing most of the time.

The girl who the guy rubbed his $#@! on her, the principal said to her "I don't care." He resigned and the other principal had to clear it up. Do you know how traumatizing that is to have a guy his $#@! on you like you're not even a human being, just his property? I'm not telling who the girl is, but she was badly upset and traumatized.

Women abuse things like child support and child custody, but I assure you there's plenty of women who don't and use it the way it's meant to be used.
    Reserve also happens all the time since guys that are athletes go down in flames because they happen to be at a party.

Like this guy for example

ap_brian_banks_exonorated_thg_120524_wg.jpg

Name is Brian Banks don't know if you heard about him, but his story is extremely tragic, but he's trying out for Atlanta Falcons right now(GO FALCONS!!!), but this is just an example again not saying none of the stuff you mentioned doesn't happen to women, but the reserve is also true.

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I also see that women get paid less, women get discriminated against, a movie called The Invisible War, and that women get stalked and raped on a regular basis. Not to mention how many women get molested and inappropriately touched. Do you know what happens when a guy rubs his $#@! on a girl and the girl is unwilling? The law says that's wrong, but if the guy is an athlete or just even a normal guy, the authorities won't do a darn thing most of the time.
    It's not most of the time. And it's not really a male thing, but instead one pertaining to sports, populars, and celebrities. It's due to them being in an idol or respected role, not them being men. In a court case concerning child custody, there is a greater common of sympathy towards women over men because they are women. Context matters.

As for pay differences, you may be surprised at how complicated that subject actually is. However, when you and others makes the statements that there is pay equality, under what conditions does this statement even apply? Hourly wages under the same job? Or are these medians applied over paychecks or annual income? The latter of which is largely explained as women are more likely to adopt newer, developing jobs which have lower wages. Women also, statistically, work less hours than men.

Gender equality is important though. And both sexes hold some advantages and disadvantages within societies. We should strive for making things more fair for everyone, not just women or men.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 07-21-2013 at 23:10.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Maybe she should have filed charges of NOT being raped.

Forum Sage

The girl who the guy rubbed his $#@! on her, the principal said to her "I don't care." He resigned and the other principal had to clear it up. Do you know how traumatizing that is to have a guy his $#@! on you like you're not even a human being, just his property? I'm not telling who the girl is, but she was badly upset and traumatized.

Women abuse things like child support and child custody, but I assure you there's plenty of women who don't and use it the way it's meant to be used.
    Women do not get discriminated against nearly as much as men do and get paid far more than you expect. Income inequality between the sexes is all but extinct as lobby groups have done an outstanding job of making sure women get paid largely the same for the same work and hours as men. The discrimination factor outside of the military isn't there and in the case of the military, is mainly because women are not able to pull the exact same weight as their male counterparts in the exact same roles. The physical barriers are much higher in the military.

As for rape cases, harassment and the like, I contest that women have abused the law in this area. Someone else pointed out the celebrity/athlete/famous person factor but I don't really think it's much about the actual perpetration of the crime. Far too often, women will outright lie about what may or may not have happened to them and hold someone's livelihood for ransom or blackmail. This isn't to say that there aren't legitimate cases out there. This is about women abusing the law and using their gender as a crutch to get what they want. Also what you don't hear about is women raping, harassing and sexually assaulting men. This happens far more often than is acknowledged but you won't hear it because men are not ever perceived as victims.

I maintain that in America, women are more equal than men. They have the law, their gender and ill-conceived public opinion on their side whereas men do not.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Because in America, women have more rights than men. In America, we have things like alimony, child support, laws that favor women, feminist lobby groups which seek to strip men of rights and fair and equal treatment and the list goes on.
    Man and woman work.
    Man makes more than woman.
    Man and woman get married.
    Both continue to work.
    No children are involved.
    Man and woman get divorced.

Woman gets...half?

The math does not work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Tells me that we need to find alternative means of energy production, so we can let these backwards caveman sit on mounds of dirt rather than mounds of our money.
    Yep.
    Though that would be up to the oil barons for not stifling.killing all the startups that are working on alternative fuels.

Just as much their fault (if not entirely).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

7. Likes Morganator likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    I think u are mixed up, four Muslim men are required to prove rape not adultery. Also since the laws are backwards as hell its not easy to prove rape. You're thinking of how easy it might be with your own laws where u live, that same standard doesn't apply there.
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Dude, I JUST posted a link explaining that its a misconception that 4 males are required to prove rape (its is above your post) and rape can be proven just like they do in the rest of the world. Its not easy sometimes yes, but in this case she claims 3 of her colleagues were involved and her drink was spiked. Grab the accused men and the bar staff, interrogate them, (even a polygraph would help) etc

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Man and woman work.
    Both continue to work.

Woman gets...half?

Yep.
    Though that would be up to the oil barons for not stifling.killing all the startups that are working on alternative fuels.

Just as much their fault (if not entirely).
    Those are definitely old laws which need to be revised.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    To Rapture and Morg, I agree with a lot of points you guys made. So in response to your posts, I just want to say don't forget about the girls and women who aren't lying, but were really raped or discriminated against. Don't forget about the real victims.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

11. Likes F34R likes this post
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Man and woman work.
    Both continue to work.

Woman gets...half?

Basically the man can get work faster and make more money than the woman. That's why she takes half. Of course, the woman can sign some type of paper where she doesn't take half, I think it's a pre nup or something.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Basically the man can get work faster and make more money than the woman. That's why she takes half. Of course, the woman can sign some type of paper where she doesn't take half, I think it's a pre nup or something.
    Yes because prenups are romantic.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage

To Rapture and Morg, I agree with a lot of points you guys made. So in response to your posts, I just want to say don't forget about the girls and women who aren't lying, but were really raped or discriminated against. Don't forget about the real victims.
    I understand. I think the big thing about rape that is flawed is the reporting aspect. I think that when a woman gets raped, she needs to report it while it's still very fresh. It's much easier to prove a rape when it's reported right after it happens as opposed to waiting days, weeks, months and even years. If it's done while its fresh, the perpetrator of the crime can be dealt with swiftly and decisively.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    True, but that's the problem with things like this when you have non-victims or outright lying as in the guy I posted about on the first page then it's looked down upon and it makes it harder for the next girl who is telling the truth.

But the cold hard truth is these laws need to be updated a guy like Brian Banks goes to jail for 10 years for a girl who lied on him. $#@! that noise these laws needed updating yesterday.

Extreme Poster
    "She reported the rape to police but was then charged herself for having sex outside of marriage"
    How $#@!ing stupid is that

However, it has nothing to do with Sharia law and everything to do with their culture and consensus.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    If the man make less than his wife then he get half. ITs not a gender thing its a money thing. surely.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-22-2013 at 01:00.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    UPDATE: she initially told authorities she had had consensual sex.
    Dubai: Marte Deborah Dalelv maintains that she was raped. But new details have emerged from an interview with Gulf News, where Dalelv revealed she initially told authorities she had had consensual sex.
    The Norwegian, who lived and worked as an interior designer in Qatar, was on a business trip to Dubai in March. Having gone out for drinks with her colleagues, she says one of her co-workers, an Arab man, raped her that same evening. She then contacted the reception to call the police, and says she was asked by the receptionist at the front desk if she was sure she wanted to get the police involved. After a lengthy court case, both Dalelv and the Arab man were found guilty last week of having sex outside of marriage.
    But Dalelv – who’s now camped up in the Norwegian Seamen’s Centre in Oud Metha – says she is going to appeal the case. Speaking to Gulf News, she says she was encouraged by her former boss early on after the incident to tell authorities that the sex was consensual, and not rape. He allegedly told her it would lead to a quicker resolution of the case and that it wouldn’t go to court. “At that point, I didn’t want to go to court. I just wanted to go home, so I took that advice. And that’s the biggest mistake I’ve ever made.”
    The case did go to court, and that’s when Dalelv changed her story back to her original statement, claiming she was raped. “I can’t blame anyone else here but me, because nobody forced me to say it. I just wish I hadn’t taken that advice.” She’s now trying to challenge the case and has lodged a formal appeal. “I’m going to stay and fight this. I know I haven’t done anything wrong,” Dalelv says.
    The court has set a date of September 5 for her appeal hearing to start. In the meanwhile, Dalelv says she will stay in the Seamen’s Centre – rather than seek refuge in the Norwegian Embassy or Consulate. “I won’t go to the Embassy, because that would be hiding. I don’t want to do that as I believe I have no need to hide.”
    Dalelv says she is not expecting diplomatic pressure to influence her appeal. “I understand that it’s a matter for the UAE courts to decide. Just as you wouldn’t expect the UAE to get involved in a Norwegian court case, that’s something countries cannot do.”
    Even though she has been sentenced, she has told Gulf News the police are not actively pursuing her arrest, and that she plans on staying at the Seamen’s Centre for now, but “as soon as this is over, I just want to go home to Norway.”
    http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/cr...-sex-1.1211497

Is it weird she is staying at a place called "Seamen's Centre" ? (Shame on me for laughing at that)

The rapist atleast have been found guilty, but 2/3 of the charges against her also seem to be true (she WAS drinking and she lied on her report)
    Last edited by Itachi; 07-22-2013 at 02:45.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Tells me that we need to find alternative means of energy production, so we can let these backwards caveman sit on mounds of dirt rather than mounds of our money.
    The sooner their oil runs out the better.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I'm not particularly concerned with how they judge the issue of guilt.. hell, in most countries, they let rapists loose all the time. It's the way they pursue this so called justice, how they treat accused, and their lack of transparency that gets me.
    Last edited by K2D; 07-22-2013 at 02:17.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Stupid backwards country.
    This. And basically the entire region. Something needs to be done for the women there.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Rape is rape and a thread will never change that...
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Rape is rape and a thread will never change that...
    Painfully true. But casting a little light into the shadows is always better than doing nothing at all.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    true, but the fact is that another has occurred and another number to count
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    true, but the fact is that another has occurred and another number to count
    Well, the actual rape doesn't mean anything. It's they way the treat people in the justice system that's abhorrent!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Now this is good news, She has been pardoned by the Ruler of Dubai.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/dubai...NebTA.facebook

27. Likes Itachi , Admartian , The Black Wolf likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    They must be taking a leaf out of Microsofts book.

On topic: Well, the pardon is good..... but frankly she should never have been in the position where she need one.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Thread Information