Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will You Sell Your PS3 to Buy the PS4?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I need the money, and I won't use my ps3 once I have a next gen console

2 4.00%
  • No, there's no way I'm selling my ps3. I'll still be using it and I don't need the money.

48 96.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    i'll be holding onto mine for gtaV and beyond two souls

I still have my PS2 and still play it once in a blue moon. Still pick up games for it once in awhile and still have a couple games in backlog. I'm pretty attached to my PS3 too. Considering there is no BC on the PS4 I'm most definitely keeping the PS3. Not picking up a PS4 right away anyways. Still lots of PS3 games for me to buy and play for a few years.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by RighteousGlory View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean, but still it's $300 on top of whatever else I get before launch. It's totally not easy to do, but in 3 months when I have it, it won't bother me. Since I don't really have a steady income, it's either go big, live with just a VITA for a few months, but I can move into next gen. Or keep it, and play all the games coming out for PS3. I'm sure I'll play the likes of GTA V and Beyond and Ratchet: Nexus eventually. But I'm willing to wait to play them at a friends, or however Gaikai turns out. It may not make sense to you guys, but for a teenager, it does.
    oh nah man I know where ur coming from. well kinda, I've been working since I was 8 years old. so I've had to uh, be an adult since a very young age. but yea you do what you have to do To get the ps4 bro. I was just checking to see if u were another spoiled punk who doesn't appreciate anything that's bought for them, which with that response u don't seem to be so that's good.
    what games u looking to get at launch?

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSN ID
    psmove14
    Quote Originally Posted by RighteousGlory View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean, but still it's $300 on top of whatever else I get before launch. It's totally not easy to do, but in 3 months when I have it, it won't bother me. Since I don't really have a steady income, it's either go big, live with just a VITA for a few months, but I can move into next gen. Or keep it, and play all the games coming out for PS3. I'm sure I'll play the likes of GTA V and Beyond and Ratchet: Nexus eventually. But I'm willing to wait to play them at a friends, or however Gaikai turns out. It may not make sense to you guys, but for a teenager, it does.
    Yeah....I think you may be right.... it might be easy for them to say no and keep there ps3 when they have a job and a steady income of money coming in...but for us teenagers, it takes a hell of a long time to come up with that kind of money....and now that I think of it, I'm already starting to get bored of my ps3. The only game I actually play is bf3. GTA V doesn't seem to interest me all that much, neither does beyond. The only game I think I'd miss out on is last of us..

Superior Member
    Is the op asking this question from a financial perspective (it certainly is framed like one)? i dont need to sell any old consoles to buy a new console. i'll have enough money when i buy a ps4 mid next year.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by psmove14 View Post
    Yeah....I think you may be right.... it might be easy for them to say no and keep there ps3 when they have a job and a steady income of money coming in...but for us teenagers, it takes a hell of a long time to come up with that kind of money....and now that I think of it, I'm already starting to get bored of my ps3. The only game I actually play is bf3. GTA V doesn't seem to interest me all that much, neither does beyond. The only game I think I'd miss out on is last of us..
    correction modern day teenagers.
    I could've come up with 400 in a snap when I was 12.
    but that was because I worked all the time and never really hung out or did what a normal kid would do. it was just football work school eat sleep repeat.
    but my dad was a hardass too so that didnt help.

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSN ID
    psmove14
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    correction modern day teenagers.
    I could've come up with 400 in a snap when I was 12.
    but that was because I worked all the time and never really hung out or did what a normal kid would do. it was just football work school eat sleep repeat.
    but my dad was a hardass too so that didnt help.

moving on tapatalk
    Well I work, even during the summer, just not for an actual paying job which is just short term money. I'm working for long term financial success. I'm studying SAT, doing volunteer, and working on AP assignments, and anything and everything needed to get into a good college. Then if in my spare time maybe hang with some friends or play some games. I don't really have time to work and save for a ps4 (even with a minimum wage job it would take a long time to save up for a $500 ps4 plus $200 worth of games). And I highly doubt you could have made 400 that easily...I don't think 12 year olds are allowed to work actual jobs modern or not (unless we're talking early 1900s). Or you actually got allowance for doing everyday chores ( I don't).

PSN ID
    psmove14
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Is the op asking this question from a financial perspective (it certainly is framed like one)? i dont need to sell any old consoles to buy a new console. i'll have enough money when i buy a ps4 mid next year.
    Not necessarily, no. I'm asking for your opinion on the decision from multiple perspectives. Finance is only one of them. I'm asking whether you will still want to play your ps3 once you get a ps4, and if not wouldn't it be better to sell it and use the money to help purchase the next gen console then have your ps3 just sit there taking up space. I listed several pros and cons to selling your ps3 to buy a ps4; although the question "do you need the money or not?" does play a large part of the original question, the big question that essentially answers the original question is do the pros outweigh the cons, and of course why or why not?

Super Elite

Stuff's still coming out for PS3. Another thing, I have PSN games on it and I"m not going to abandon those so I won't dump my PS3 unless I can play those games on another future platform. If the PS4 was backwards compatible then it would be a no brainer and I'd dump the PS3. For example, whenever the Wii U is lowered in price to $250 I'll finally buy it and at that point I'll sell my original Wii since there will be no use for it.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Lol, I spend way too much money on this ****. I'm never giving it up.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    I might not have turned it on it years but I still have my PS2 connected to a TV. And I can't help an unfortunately addiction to HD re-releases. But I've never yet sold a game and I could probably find my PS1 games and play them if I wanted to. Worse I'm so far behind on PS3 games that I'll hopefully still be playing well after I get a PS4.

Thread Information