Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Super Elite
    Silver&black_Attack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,092
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    2,673 (0 Banked)

    Comic Con console play-through

    http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming...c=rss&attr=all

    After playing Ryse: Son of Rome on the Xbox One, Miguel Galindo only had praise for the much harassed console when asked if he was impressed with the graphics:
    "It plays really smooth, like how a computer game plays...like on a desktop or powerful gaming computers. So it looks and feels a lot more like that."

  2. #2
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Cryengine is a very well optimized, powerful graphics engine by the best of the best. It's the reason the Xbox One with this game is pushing more graphics than even Killzone despite the power disparity. Once a Cryengine game pops up on Playstation, it will be a moot point for the Xbox, but until then, Xbox One and Ryse are the graphics kings going into the next generation.

  3. #3
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Do Crytek have Ryse running at 60fps?

  4. #4
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's good to see gamers get some hands on and give some positive feedback on the xbox-one.

  5. #5
    Master Guru
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,453
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    13,393 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Sony dropped the ball on the PS4 line-up at comic com. Knack, Driveclub and Octodad. I can unferstand some gamers being upset with Sony but the ps3 line up was very good.
    Octodad is an indie game it will be hard to attract core gamers at comic com.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  6. #6
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Octodad looked fun. I don't know why, but I thought of Happy Wheels when I heard the name of the game, lol.

  7. #7
    Forum Elder
    Venger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,635
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    2,302 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Interesting, IGN's take on Ryse wasn't so positive. They thought it was pretty, but that the game play was still in doubt.

    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/20...se-son-of-rome

  8. #8
    Super Elite
    Silver&black_Attack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,092
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    2,673 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    Interesting, IGN's take on Ryse wasn't so positive. They thought it was pretty, but that the game play was still in doubt.

    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/20...se-son-of-rome
    Im just glad i can make my own decisions about games, those two nerds remind me of the douche-bags i see at working at Gamestop, one of the reason i quit shopping there.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    SomaXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So-Cal
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,792
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,759 (1,083 Banked)
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Do Crytek have Ryse running at 60fps?
    Nope its 60 all the way to $#@!ing 20fps... The con demo was worse than I'd heard about. When I actually got to play it I didn't even want to finish it... Screen tearing was horrible, frame rate was so inconsistent it made me want to puke, the controls were retarded and you had some of the worst AI I've seen on a ps3/360. Enemies would just appear out of nowhere like they just pop in randomly. QTE slowdowns are $#@!ing dumb... I was pissed I waited 45 min to play this $#@!

    I also played knack on ps4, and while I thought the game was $#@!ing dumb and pretty bad looking.... It ran 1000x better than Ryse
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

  10. #10
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Nope its 60 all the way to $#@!ing 20fps... The con demo was worse than I'd heard about. When I actually got to play it I didn't even want to finish it... Screen tearing was horrible, frame rate was so inconsistent it made me want to puke, the controls were retarded and you had some of the worst AI I've seen on a ps3/360. Enemies would just appear out of nowhere like they just pop in randomly. QTE slowdowns are $#@!ing dumb... I was pissed I waited 45 min to play this $#@!

    I also played knack on ps4, and while I thought the game was $#@!ing dumb and pretty bad looking.... It ran 1000x better than Ryse
    It's easy to see why Knack would run alot better than Ryse as it looks like a mobile phone game with mobile phone gameplay...While Ryse looks $#@! gameplay wise it actually looks nxt-gen.

  11. #11
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Nope its 60 all the way to $#@!ing 20fps... The con demo was worse than I'd heard about. When I actually got to play it I didn't even want to finish it... Screen tearing was horrible, frame rate was so inconsistent it made me want to puke, the controls were retarded and you had some of the worst AI I've seen on a ps3/360. Enemies would just appear out of nowhere like they just pop in randomly. QTE slowdowns are $#@!ing dumb... I was pissed I waited 45 min to play this $#@!

    I also played knack on ps4, and while I thought the game was $#@!ing dumb and pretty bad looking.... It ran 1000x better than Ryse

    The only real complaint iv'e heard this game is getting is the QTEs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    It's easy to see why Knack would run alot better than Ryse as it looks like a mobile phone game with mobile phone gameplay...While Ryse looks $#@! gameplay wise it actually looks nxt-gen.
    It does look awesome. I take his hands on with a huge grain of salt.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-22-2013 at 23:45.

  12. #12
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Nope its 60 all the way to $#@!ing 20fps... The con demo was worse than I'd heard about. When I actually got to play it I didn't even want to finish it... Screen tearing was horrible, frame rate was so inconsistent it made me want to puke, the controls were retarded and you had some of the worst AI I've seen on a ps3/360. Enemies would just appear out of nowhere like they just pop in randomly. QTE slowdowns are $#@!ing dumb... I was pissed I waited 45 min to play this $#@! I also played knack on ps4, and while I thought the game was $#@!ing dumb and pretty bad looking.... It ran 1000x better than Ryse
    Wow.......

  13. #13
    Veteran
    SomaXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So-Cal
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,792
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,759 (1,083 Banked)
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The only real complaint iv'e heard this game is getting is the QTEs.



    It does look awesome. I take his hands on with a huge grain of salt.
    Take it however you want, I hated knack, it's $#@!ing dumb and I'm not comparing it to Ryse graphically just that it ran smoother (FOR OBVIOUS REASONS)... Ryse is a $#@!ing joke... It should have been locked framerate... But when you're playing and it goes from 60 to 20.... Don't go crying expecting me to be wrong... I wanted xb1 to be great.... But the great game is NOT RYSE, go play this build if you can... I'm not wrong.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

  14. #14
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Take it however you want, I hated knack, it's $#@!ing dumb and I'm not comparing it to Ryse graphically just that it ran smoother (FOR OBVIOUS REASONS)... Ryse is a $#@!ing joke... It should have been locked framerate... But when you're playing and it goes from 60 to 20.... Don't go crying expecting me to be wrong... I wanted xb1 to be great.... But the great game is NOT RYSE, go play this build if you can... I'm not wrong.
    The game is still unfinished and Ryse has never been 60FPS. I don't know where you got that from. I've read plenty of previews on the game and the QTEs are still the only really negative thing that has come up.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,871
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    38,442 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Sony dropped the ball on the PS4 line-up at comic com. Knack, Driveclub and Octodad. I can unferstand some gamers being upset with Sony but the ps3 line up was very good.
    Octodad is an indie game it will be hard to attract core gamers at comic com.
    More off topic than the new royal baby.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  16. #16
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Do Crytek have Ryse running at 60fps?
    is it a big deal for you to have 60fps for it?
    not being a $#@! just asking


    moving on tapatalk



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  17. #17
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    is it a big deal for you to have 60fps for it?
    not being a $#@! just asking


    moving on tapatalk
    I'd much prefer if it was 60fps....if the game is any good that is.

  18. #18
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,067
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,472 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    I'd much prefer if it was 60fps....if the game is any good that is.
    Yep, not so sure this game would be good at 120fps.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  19. #19
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Yep, not so sure this game would be good at 120fps.
    No game would. Too much for the eyes.

  20. #20
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,871
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    38,442 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm hoping for this game to be good. Not that I'm getting an XB1 any time soon, but as a Rome/Greek geek, I want this game to be good. Not that it's gonna matter to me. Plus Rome 2 Total War will satisfy my need for that, we've needed a good brawler/hack n slash action version of this genre.

    GoW is different, as it's about 1 guy rather than an army.

    But if it's good, and sells enough, I'm hoping for a multiplat spinoff/copy.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  21. #21
    Veteran
    SomaXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So-Cal
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,792
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,759 (1,083 Banked)
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The game is still unfinished and Ryse has never been 60FPS. I don't know where you got that from. I've read plenty of previews on the game and the QTEs are still the only really negative thing that has come up.
    I never said it was meant to be 60fps, I just said it goes from 60fps and drops all the way to 20fps... It's unacceptable especially if its a showcase game... It's not the way to show off your hardware, letting people play an extremely $#@!ty build of your release console selling game.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

  22. #22
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    I never said it was meant to be 60fps, I just said it goes from 60fps and drops all the way to 20fps... It's unacceptable especially if its a showcase game... It's not the way to show off your hardware, letting people play an extremely $#@!ty build of your release console selling game.
    That makes no sense because the game doesn't play at 60FPS. It wasn't developed for that framerate. The game is 30FPS but it's possible that it doesn't maintain it throughout gameplay. There is still months to go before release. The build you played is most likely not the most current one. There is still months left to polish the game.

  23. #23
    Dedicated Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,268
    Rep Power
    31
    Points
    13,761 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I'm hoping for this game to be good. Not that I'm getting an XB1 any time soon, but as a Rome/Greek geek, I want this game to be good. Not that it's gonna matter to me. Plus Rome 2 Total War will satisfy my need for that, we've needed a good brawler/hack n slash action version of this genre.

    GoW is different, as it's about 1 guy rather than an army.

    But if it's good, and sells enough, I'm hoping for a multiplat spinoff/copy.
    Maybe we won't see a ps version but windows version is very likely.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

  24. #24
    Veteran
    SomaXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So-Cal
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,792
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,759 (1,083 Banked)
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That makes no sense because the game doesn't play at 60FPS. It wasn't developed for that framerate. The game is 30FPS but it's possible that it doesn't maintain it throughout gameplay. There is still months to go before release. The build you played is most likely not the most current one. There is still months left to polish the game.
    i assure you the game hits 60fps... whether its being developed at 30 or not... that framerate isnt locked and is why it can increase and decrease... do some research dude. That alone makes is look like $#@!... when youre walking around and everything looks buttersmooth 60fps only to turn around and see a hail of arrows and it drops to 20fps... with the worst screen tearing youve ever seen... yeah awesome.

    Not only that but i asked about the build to 4 different "reps" one guys had no idea... one guy said its a brand new build just for the con... another said its E3 build, and another didnt know what the $#@! i was talking about (nice job with your info givers MS)

    Again.. this was an ENORMOUS SHOWCASE for XBOXONE, Even Larry Hyrb was there... showing something old and trying to convince us that "it will be better, trust us" is $#@!ing dumb.

    Im not some "Team playstation" or "Team xbox" retard... i want great games... and guess what... Ryse is a dull piece of $#@! with sparkly sprinkles.

    (and since people like to point this out like jack asses ill just save you the trouble: its my opinion based on the fact that i actually played it, lemme know when you play it and you can post legitimate opinions instead of stuff you read on the internet.)
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

  25. #25
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That makes no sense because the game doesn't play at 60FPS. It wasn't developed for that framerate. The game is 30FPS but it's possible that it doesn't maintain it throughout gameplay. There is still months to go before release. The build you played is most likely not the most current one. There is still months left to polish the game.
    well even with the fact that there is still time for them to polish the game, does the fps really matter that much to everybody if it's a good game? I mean seriously


    moving on tapatalk



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.