Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Most likely Batman will appear, offer some advice, and leave again, maybe save superman when he is in a bad spot or something. I predict very little plot importance.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    +rep for your awesome post...

They said they are rebooting the series again and thus this superman is a reboot off the series and therefore they could in theory tie something in...

They did with Iron man, Hulk, captain america etc...

Just saying

Well, Man of Steel was a reboot yea. But are they really rebooting Batman, so soon? I just.. I dunno man. To me that is borderline sacrilege. Granted, I didn't care much for the third film in the Nolan trilogy but as a whole the movies were phenomenal. Outstanding, first class.

At least wait like 5+ years until redoing everything all over again..

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    How would this even work? Would it be the Chris Nolan batman..? Surely not. Bruce Wayne is now practically crippled and retired besides, same with Alfred. The costume\persona was 'willed' to Blake (Robin) at the end of Dark Knight Rises but that just wouldn't fly.

Besides, Superman wouldn't even -fit- in that setting.

So the only other option is to remake Batman, but how would that even work following so closely on the heels of the most popular incarnation of the character ever? Especially when it just wrapped up.. And apparently he's just going to co-star\cameo in the next superman movie?

Will there be no development of the character? Who will play him? Certainly not Levitt or Bale.

I get that DC wants to mimic Marvel's success. Who wouldn't after the non stop homeruns they're making. But Marvel has been carefully building up "The Avengers" and the unified timeline since the beginning with Iron Man. They literally spent multiple movies slowly linking everything together. This sounds alot more knee jerk.
    I think i heard somewhere, That they will remake the batman again, just to fit really well in the DC universe! It will be very hard following on the dark knight!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Well, Man of Steel was a reboot yea. But are they really rebooting Batman, so soon? I just.. I dunno man. To me that is borderline sacrilege. Granted, I didn't care much for the third film in the Nolan trilogy but as a whole the movies were phenomenal. Outstanding, first class.

I agree ... But they are in 2015 i believe, rebooting the batman series again

So in all they are doing something and it has to equal or surpass dark knight films
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Didnt marvel reboot the hulk to match what they were doing in the avengers? Meh what ever

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

PSU Technical Advisor
    Eh, not really. Technically the Hulk movie with Norton took place after the original (terrible) Ang Lee film with Banner in South America.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

dude, how did u not like the third movie in the trilogy!?!?!?!? granted, the second was my favorite but then again the joker is my favorite villain so that's a no brainer. I loved the third movie tho, action was superb IMO. and plus, the cat tights? DROOOOOOLLLL

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Has anyone here watched the fan made film.. It is a 4 part 10 hour epic film

That ties thor, hulk, iron 1,2 and captain america and avengers all together.. You should check it out

Sorry i have forgot the name
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Has anyone here watched the fan made film.. It is a 4 part 10 hour epic film

That ties thor, hulk, iron 1,2 and captain america and avengers all together.. You should check it out

Sorry i have forgot the name
    sounds interesting can u find the name?

moving on tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    sounds interesting can u find the name?

moving on tapatalk
    I will try friend

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    I will try friend
    many thanks goodsir

moving on tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    many thanks goodsir

moving on tapatalk
    Now this is a nightmare to get hold of. It was on youtube and then certain download sites.. It is a 5 parter and adds up to 10 hours

It is called Avengers Initiative. The

PSU Technical Advisor
    dude, how did u not like the third movie in the trilogy!?!?!?!? granted, the second was my favorite but then again the joker is my favorite villain so that's a no brainer. I loved the third movie tho, action was superb IMO. and plus, the cat tights? DROOOOOOLLLL

moving on tapatalk

Here we go.

First and foremost, Batman is a moral coward and an inconsistent one at that. Remember that the plot of the third movie was entirely based around the fact that Bruce "didn't save" (killed) Raas' at the end of Batman Begins, and the villain's estranged daughter concocted a hilariously retarded plan to enact vengeance upon Bruce and fulfill her father's objective.

Batman violated his 'no killing' rule in the first movie and justified it through the employment of absolutely imbecilic semantics.

Yet, he was not willing to do what needed to be done when fighting the Joker and in so doing allowed Gotham to be ravaged. He's fully satisfied with violating any number of laws and ethical boundaries (like wiretapping every human being in the city) but no, killing psychopaths is just 'too far'- unless you killed his parents.

Oh, except Harvey Dent because he was willing to tackle him off a damn building in order to stop him from shooting a child. In this instance he "did what had to be done" in order to save a life. Remember this point later on.

Fast forward to Talia's retard-tier master plan of blowing up Gotham after holding it in a state of anarchy for 6 months, which was only made possible by (again) Bruce Wayne being a total short sighted coward when he invented his fusion reactor. There is a very real energy concern in the world and his new technology could have helped, if not saved, billions of lives. But the second someone publishes a paper on how to make a fusion bomb (which was inevitable, Wayne you jack ass) he makes up some excuse that it's having problems and promptly buries the project.

By the way, how in the $#@! did no one notice all the weird $#@! happening under ground? Even with the smoke screen of Wayne exec using his other company to handle the construction- wtf. Whatever, we'll just pretend everyone is stupid. The pattern holds so far.

Moving on. Bruce Wayne is suffering from the very probable injuries of doing over a decade of hand to hand combat against countless criminals and careening about the city with glider wings and grappling hooks- and then the movie breaks this 'realism trend' by introducing Bane. A guy who apparently can punch specialized body armor designed to stop bullet wounds and knife objects without wearing any knuckle protection- and not even have raw skin to show for it. Somehow this also 'hurts' Batman. Oh, and Bane can punch through concrete pillars too. Lol ok Nolan.

In this movie we see Selana Kyle, catwoman, kill some insane thuggies and Batman promptly reprimands her about 'no killing'- (in spite of his inconsistent history of killing) but is then saved by her when Bane is about to execute him. He offers no reprimand in this instance, because he's a $#@!head.

Pictured: A moral paragon and bastion of sanity.

Speaking of, let us recap on how we ended up to that last plot point. Remember the Harvey Dent thing I told you to remember? Yea time to address that. Bane, who is now reduced to a completely amoral thug lackey -in spite of the fact that we learn he fought to protect Talia in that prison (which was pretty $#@!ing chill by most prison standards. How was that place supposed to be horrible Nolan?) for no other reason than she was innocent. Bane was a protector. A good guy, seemingly. Somehow or another he ended up the man we see now- but who cares cuz he's not pulling the strings anyway! Shamalan twist- and Talia are about to detonate the fusion bomb they've just been slowly letting cook off for six months. Presumably killing everyone in the city. So, millions of people.

The police, armed with nothing but fisticuffs and hand guns, charge Bane's HQ from the streets (while his mercs enjoy the high ground with automatic rifles and tanks) are 'spared' a gruesome massacre by Batman. He swoops in with his Bat-plane which clearly has high caliber automatic weapons and missiles and destroys the stolen Tumbler tanks. But nothing else. God forbid he stop dozens of police officers from being unfairly gunned down by the dudes with a gun to the head of gotham in a superior tactical position with better weapons. So apparently the whole Harvey Dent thing was just a one off occurrence.

Nope, instead $#@!brains lands his Bat-plane to engage in hand to hand combat with Bane (who ass devastated him last time) while cops are getting mowed apart all around him.

Also just totally not mention how he was able to make it back from middle-of-nowhere-stan in appropriate time and re equip himself to do all this.

In light of all of this, if I were privy to this information and lived in Gotham I would likely attempt to blow Batman's brains out the second I had the chance. He's woefully incompetent, an imbecile, and completely inconsistent. He is largely responsible for much of the terrible things in Gotham escalating well beyond what they should have been.

Batman was not the Hero gotham deserved, and he sure as $#@! wasn't the one they needed.

That'd be the Punisher.

The third movie was terrible, a total mess. Bruce Wayne was still an inconsistent nutbag to me even in the first two movies, but the third just catapulted his character to extremes. Borderline schizophrenic.

I loved the first two movies, and as far as (superhero) movies go the third was by no means a 'bad' film. It was entertaining and interesting.. But when compared to the first two? Yea, garbage.

/end rant

TDLR: http://ualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 07-27-2013 at 18:54.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Now this is a nightmare to get hold of. It was on youtube and then certain download sites.. It is a 5 parter and adds up to 10 hours

It is called Avengers Initiative. The

sweeeeet thanks im definitely going to watch it

moving on tapatalk

15. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Did anyone else think Man of Steel was a worthless adventure? I got nothing out of it.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

Man of Steel sequel announced Superman/Batman!!

@vulgotha- one little question, have u ever read any of the batman/dark knight comic books?

@mickice- when taking into consideration the other superman movies, I thought it was awesome. when taking into consideration all comic-hero movies, it was a little above average

moving on tapatalk
    Last edited by KnotGamer901; 07-27-2013 at 18:55.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 07-27-2013 at 19:00.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Yes.
    ok I think that might be the problem. let me explain.
    the comic books are incredible to me. some of the ideas/plots are just stunning. now compare that to the movies: I know what you mean by EVERYTHING you said. the movies compared to the comics are completely horrible IMO. let me explain why.
    the comics have such BRILLIANT ideas. for example, out of all the serial killer/horror/action movies I've seen, the most incredible idea for hurting someone came from a recent batman installment in the new 52. the comic expresses a psychopath who as a child, devised a way to seriously hurt someone. what was it? u take a matchbox(the little kind u strike a match against the box to ignite), and tape two razor blades on both sides of the box. why? so after you cut the persons face and they go to the hospital, it's SUPREMELY difficult for the doctor to see up because when u see up one cut that pulls on the other cut therefor scarring that person for life. idk if it's the simplistic nature of the weapon or what, but that idea is awesome to me.

I think long time fans of the dark knight have to tone down their expectations for the movies. IMO, the movies are nowhere near as good as the comics. however, using the standards of rating movies against movies, I think they're pretty good. see what I'm trying to say?

I agree with what you said and I see your viewpoint and it's EXTREMELY clear that you're a batman fan like I am. just to be clear about that.

moving on tapatalk

PSU Technical Advisor
    ok I think that might be the problem. let me explain.
    the comic books are incredible to me. some of the ideas/plots are just stunning. now compare that to the movies: I know what you mean by EVERYTHING you said. the movies compared to the comics are completely horrible IMO. let me explain why.
    the comics have such BRILLIANT ideas. for example, out of all the serial killer/horror/action movies I've seen, the most incredible idea for hurting someone came from a recent batman installment in the new 52. the comic expresses a psychopath who as a child, devised a way to seriously hurt someone. what was it? u take a matchbox(the little kind u strike a match against the box to ignite), and tape two razor blades on both sides of the box. why? so after you cut the persons face and they go to the hospital, it's SUPREMELY difficult for the doctor to see up because when u see up one cut that pulls on the other cut therefor scarring that person for life. idk if it's the simplistic nature of the weapon or what, but that idea is awesome to me.

I think long time fans of the dark knight have to tone down their expectations for the movies. IMO, the movies are nowhere near as good as the comics. however, using the standards of rating movies against movies, I think they're pretty good. see what I'm trying to say?

I agree with what you said and I see your viewpoint and it's EXTREMELY clear that you're a batman fan like I am. just to be clear about that.

moving on tapatalk

Actually, I don't like Batman. I think he's a stupid character lol.

That being said, I often like the shows and the movies as they are entertaining.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Actually, I don't like Batman. I think he's a stupid character lol.

That being said, I often like the shows and the movies as they are entertaining.
    Wwwwwhhhhaatt!? Ah man I love him he's my fav out of all of em

u take a matchbox(the little kind u strike a match against the box to ignite), and tape two razor blades on both sides of the box. why? so after you cut the persons face and they go to the hospital, it's SUPREMELY difficult for the doctor to see up because when u see up one cut that pulls on the other cut therefor scarring that person for life.
    I don't understand this can you pls rephrase it? Btw have you read gotham central? Was my fav batman book and didn't even star batman.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Gantz; 07-28-2013 at 02:02.

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Wwwwwhhhhaatt!? Ah man I love him he's my fav out of all of em

I don't understand this can you pls rephrase it? Btw have you read gotham central? Was my fav batman book and didn't even star batman.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    what don't u understand about it?

@volgotha- well if u think he's a stupid character then reading comics of the character are kinda pointless.

moving on tapatalk

PSU Technical Advisor
    what don't u understand about it?

@volgotha- well if u think he's a stupid character then reading comics of the character are kinda pointless.

moving on tapatalk
    Not especially, I enjoy the villains and other characters. It's pretty much the same way with the Nolan films- I like everything about them and simply 'tolerate' Batman. I appreciate the realistic (sans third movie) approach they took with him in this trilogy especially.

But the music, production value, direction, and characters were stellar. Bruce Wayne was also interesting, his development and transition. But "Batman"? He was kind of the frame of the picture with which the colors and image stuck to. He was necessary and integral, but not altogether stellar.

Ra'as, Joker, Gordon, Dent, Fox and others- they really made it all shine.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    what is more involving and human about both superman and batman... The movies or comics

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Here we go.

First and foremost, Batman is a moral coward and an inconsistent one at that. Remember that the plot of the third movie was entirely based around the fact that Bruce "didn't save" (killed) Raas' at the end of Batman Begins, and the villain's estranged daughter concocted a hilariously retarded plan to enact vengeance upon Bruce and fulfill her father's objective.

Wow... someone has a grudge. It's funny because comparing MoS to The Dark Knight incarnation, Batman doesn't kill anyone. I was listening to a podcast/review of MoS and the guy ripped open how Superman kills and Batman never crosses that line.

I personally enjoy the trilogy more than other comic book films because there's depth, character, themes, production value that none of the others have. Which is why I agree with you in saying this batman in the MoS sequel will likely have no development. They might introduce him and then there will just be action.

It's going to be really confusing for non-comic movie-goers to have a new batman oh... two-three years after Bale. DC is about to tank once again... so much for that progress.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Can't say I can get excited about this. Too soon after the Nolan Trilogy.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Thread Information