Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Xbox One system-level features detailed

3d scanning is a win.
    Panel of developers reveal several features available to every Xbox One game

As we get ever closer to the launch of the Xbox One, more and more people are hungry for information on the new console. To that end, Microsoft held a panel at this year's Comic Con in San Diego to go into more detail entitled "The Future of Xbox Gaming Revealed"
    The panel, attended and written up by IGN was hosted by Major Nelson, who introduced developers of several of the Xbox One's launch line-up to show off various features of the new console.
    Ken Lobb of Microsoft showed off some detail on the video recording system by showing off some footage of Killer Instinct. The Xbox One will locally store the last five minutes of gameplay, and at any time, a player can say "Xbox Record" at which the last thirty seconds of action will be made ready for upload and sharing over the internet. In addition to this, MS showed off how the Xbox One will be able to detect who is holding what pad via the Kinect camera and adjust your control preferences accordingly.

Smartglass also got a look in, with Ryse's producer showing how the technology can be used to say, organise a multiplayer game in Dead Rising 3 while you're playing Ryse and then the Xbox One will let you know in-game when everybody's ready so you don't have to quit your original session while you set up the next one.

Possibly the most exciting aspect part of the panel came from Nick Burton of Rare, who talked up Kinect. While we were already familiar with how the new Kinect is nearly ten times more precise than the old version, he showed off the ability for Kinect 2.0 to be able to scan your body and put it on an avatar in the game in full 3D, even going so far as to being able to transpose your expressions onto the avatar, perhaps in a future Kinect Sports title for example.
    Apparently these are all base level features, and any developer that wants to add them will be able to. Sadly, there was still no word on a release date, saying there would be more news on that at a later time.

synopsis vid from IGN.
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/20...s-for-xbox-one

http://www.oxm.co.uk/58809/xbox-one-system-level-features-detailed/

Forum Elder
    i take it "system-level features" means they are available to all devs with little (if any) hit at all, on system performance if used in games?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Hmmm. Marcus Fenix or some fat out of shape guy. Choices, choices, choices. I wonder if Kinect will be able to render those cheetos stains on my shirt.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Ken Lobb used to work fro Rare. Remember the crappy Klobb gun from Goldeneye?

Soldier 95B
    Good find Substance. I love all the multitasking on this new console. Clearly leading the way there. I have so many SmartGlass devices already, it's going to be a walk in the park to use these features.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Good find Substance. I love all the multitasking on this new console. Clearly leading the way there. I have so many SmartGlass devices already, it's going to be a walk in the park to use these features.
    Yea, I've ben hearing rumors that the 3d scanning kinect does is pretty impressive.

Thread Information