Page 1 of 12 111 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Update on the Community :)

Hi guys!

So I just wanted to give everyone a bit of a heads up on where things are at across the board and to make some mini announcements. I was going to use the CM threadnaught but maybe this is a better idea. We are still very much in a transitory state which ends officially on August 1st with my first official day. The time leading up to this day is being used to redefine things on the mod side in order to better facilitate our new vision.

Staffing Situation

So far PSU's new team has been a raging success. Everyone is on the same page and gets along really well. So far, this is how the roster looks:

Ghost-Rhayne

PeanutButterMunky
    TwentyThree
    Agriel
    Fijiandoce

DarkVincent07
    Sufi
    SchaffinOSX
    Rapture
    three3-times

DeviousOne

There will be a few more additions to the staff as it is my plan to have mod coverage in each of the EU, US and Pacific zones. I'm doing this because often in the past, PSU was void of staff in the EU zone so when I looked at the active members list, I had maybe an SMC or maybe a Mod but it was sparse and did not give a good vibe to me.

Also, seeing as there are members paying a subscription, I think it's only fair that I as CM work to make sure that everyone in those 3 time zones feels looked after by a friendly and competent team. So, more colorful lists showing the desired set up!

Team US
    TwentyThree
    PeanutButterMunky

Rapture
    SchaffinOSX
    Sufi

DeviousOne

Team EU
    Agriel
    Ghost-Rhayne

three3-times
    Mod

SMC
    SMC

Team Pacific
    DarkVincent07
    Fijiandoce

Mod
    Mod

SMC
    SMC

As you can see, DarkVincent07 will be moving up to admin so that all regions of the world can have top level coverage. The US has filled out nicely but the EU and Pacific regions not so much. I still need to check with the pacific folk to see what traffic is like during that time zone, as it may be that the Pacific Team can be reduced by a mod and an SMC but this is all far from final!

I think it's important to make PSU feel alive and vibrant again, and that sure starts by populating the forum with passionate forum guardians who are vigilant around the clock!

We apologise for lack of info on the SMC role. To be honest, PSU is the only site I've ever personally seen that has this role. In all other forums I only ever see mods, admins and CMs. So if we have it, I don't want it just for spambot nuking...it's lame. I want SMC to be a prestigious role that means something more than it does now. Once we have given this role a new and more important role, we will make an announcement to fill the roles across the 3 time zones. Please forgive the delay on this, but it's for the better of the role and the team.

You may have also see Vulgotha and LeisureSuitLarry and though OMG Ghost is too liberal with the red! Well, these two are actually what has become PSU's Tech Advisory team. They have been working with Steven to help solve bugs in the forum and to implement new features! To differentiate between Steven's admins and my admins, we are going to do this:

Vulgotha/LeisureSuitLarry...or some other color that doesn't too closely resemble the subs too much.

Moderation MO

As I've mentioned, there will be several key changes to PSU's style of moderation. We are doing away with the infraction system and instead engaging with reported members via polite PMs that seek to resolve problems intelligently and personally.

To keep the mod team in check and accountable, all the correspondence that happens between a mod and member as a result of a report is now posted as a record in the report thread for the whole team to see. This means that we can collectively analyse and improve our manner of engagement to make sure it's the diplomatic register we are aiming for. It also means that we can be fully transparent should someone cry fowl.

The main priority on this side of things is the redefining of PSU's rules and how they are delivered. Think of this as a reboot of PSU's rule...also as something that will be iterative overtime for the purpose of optimisation. Expect news on this around the 1st.

Community Development

I don't have anything to say here! We are focussing on admin for now! Once the mod machine is up and running as intended, we will move on to community initiatives!

However!

Update on PSU's Subscription

This is going to become a HUGE for the site. It's a neglected and under utilised revenue source which is long overdue for some love. While I don't have any details for you now, I can tell you:

• Steven, the mod team and the content team will be discussing how to develop the sub system.
    • We are accepting your ideas, please PM me.
    • My team will be reviewing av and sig sizes so that those who pay to support the site get to look the biggest and most glorious. I know that this may upset some people who have been enjoying the larger sizes, but this is a pretty important point of differentiation that is easily set up as part of the subs benefit suite.

I'm sorry I can't tell you anything more but I will make sure that PSU has a sub that people want to sign up for!

Ummm...anything else? Oh yeah...I will be opening up the CM announcement thread again soon. Please read the last post I made there as it explains the threads purpose moving forward (yes I am keeping that badboy open as long as humanly possible!

A special note to all - The most important traits to be held by any team include solidarity and respect for reputation. PSU's content and mod teams are filled with some of the most unique, awesome and smart people around and collectively they represent the site's staff. As a member of either of those groups, it's important that you do your best to uphold that solidarity and reputation by conducting yourself diplomatically, friendly and intelligently wherever possible in the forums. I know this generally isn't an issue, just remember to take pride in your position of service at PSU and do justice to your fellow team members by upholding the same dignity that the others are upholding through their behaviour.
    Last edited by Ghost; 07-22-2013 at 20:54.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Great post! So nice to see progression and of course keeping the community up to speed on things.

8 years and counting!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Since you're doing away with infractions, do certain rules broken have more bigger consequences than others? In the old regime, you got banned faster if you committed certain infractions.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Ultimate Veteran
    There's no way we're reaching 3,000 in the counting thread now.

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

5. Likes 33x , Omar, Justin likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Since you're doing away with infractions, do certain rules broken have more bigger consequences than others? In the old regime, you got banned faster if you committed certain infractions.
    It will be taken on a case by case basis depending on the rule and how the member responds, reacts and changes their behaviour. It's hard to give a rigid answer to a system that takes a more personal approach. Of course, you can imagine that a member who is on a FUD/troll/flame campaign is going to have a quicker holiday than someone who uses type 3 font instead of type 2. We will have more info on the MO later.

7. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Wow...

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne
    As I've mentioned, there will be several key changes to PSU's style of moderation. We are doing away with the infraction system and instead engaging with reported members via polite PMs that seek to resolve problems intelligently and personally.
    Yep, you're definitely not American.

10. Likes PS4freak , Omar, F34R , Justin likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    There's no way we're reaching 3,000 in the counting thread now.
    I see my guys have been busy...Clearly just getting it out of their system...I have a feeling they will keep it competitive *HINT HINT HINT @ Team!*

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Admittedly, I was very skeptical to see the staff growing so quickly, and some of our more traditional practices done away with. In the several years I've been here I've never seen so many administrators at once, and I was very worried about the consequences. So worried that I actually held a private discussion with Alex (Ghost-Rhayne) and voiced my dissent. After the discussion he had me convinced that his course was the right one, and that I was clinging to an older PSU.

It's time for us to move forward, to change as we prepare for the PS4's release, and so not every decision we make in the coming weeks and month is going to shout "wonderful". At first, many of the changes made may seem negative or may inspire a great deal of skepticism, and we're open to that. Every staff member, day and night, is more than willing to answer your questions concerning our changes and discuss your concerns at great length.

The staff does take feedback seriously, the number of discussion threads that have appeared in the staff sections in the past week is an indication of that, so please don't hesitate to voice your concerns.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

YouTube Editor
    I am insulted. No where in that post is a mention of Team Canada. How rude!

8 years and counting!

14. Likes -Dj- likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    I am insulted. No where in that post is a mention of Team Canada. How rude!
    only time i agree with you

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Let's just rename the US Team "US/Canada Team" and call it a day.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Team NPD

Team North America would be fine.

YouTube Editor
    If you do that I call dibs on the "C" for Captain Canada.

8 years and counting!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    then you have to get some Canadian folks on the team

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    then you have to get some Canadian folks on the team
    It looks more of a time zone issue not a nationality perspective.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Ghost

excellent post and great ideas... I wonder how will the spammers be dealt with. I understand the infraction part clearly and with you on that one, any vocal exchange between members and staff makes more sense than an insulting infraction
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Good that there's a Team Pacific. Will be reaching out to my homies DV07 and Fiji in case of any trouble.

#ThugLyf

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Awesome post Ghost, I really don't have anything else to add aside from that I'm excited and hope I don't break anything

Via Tapatalk

Friendship is Carrots
    It's good that this thread was made. I assure everyone that we are working behind the curtain to get everything prepared for the 1st. There are some things that require debate. We're modeling a lot of things now, and we still have numerous selections to make. We have to deal with reports and drama over the changes too. We're glad for the support we've received. For those that remain unconvinced or concerned, we honestly ask that you guys voice your opinions. Yes, that means you, Kuro and DJ.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    can you be more pacific on team Pacific? And are you going by Euro dollar or Europe counties for team EU?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Hi guys! So I just wanted to give everyone a bit of a heads up on where things are at across the board and to make some mini announcements. I was going to use the CM threadnaught but maybe this is a better idea. We are still very much in a transitory state which ends officially on August 1st with my first official day. The time leading up to this day is being used to redefine things on the mod side in order to better facilitate our new vision. Staffing Situation So far PSU's new team has been a raging success. Everyone is on the same page and gets along really well. So far, this is how the roster looks: Ghost-Rhayne PeanutButterMunky TwentyThree Agriel Fijiandoce DarkVincent07 Sufi SchaffinOSX Rapture three3-times DeviousOne There will be a few more additions to the staff as it is my plan to have mod coverage in each of the EU, US and Pacific zones. I'm doing this because often in the past, PSU was void of staff in the EU zone so when I looked at the active members list, I had maybe an SMC or maybe a Mod but it was sparse and did not give a good vibe to me. Also, seeing as there are members paying a subscription, I think it's only fair that I as CM work to make sure that everyone in those 3 time zones feels looked after by a friendly and competent team. So, more colorful lists showing the desired set up! Team US TwentyThree PeanutButterMunky Rapture SchaffinOSX Sufi DeviousOne Team EU Agriel Ghost-Rhayne three3-times Mod SMC SMC Team Pacific DarkVincent07 Fijiandoce Mod Mod SMC SMC As you can see, DarkVincent07 will be moving up to admin so that all regions of the world can have top level coverage. The US has filled out nicely but the EU and Pacific regions not so much. I still need to check with the pacific folk to see what traffic is like during that time zone, as it may be that the Pacific Team can be reduced by a mod and an SMC but this is all far from final! I think it's important to make PSU feel alive and vibrant again, and that sure starts by populating the forum with passionate forum guardians who are vigilant around the clock! We apologise for lack of info on the SMC role. To be honest, PSU is the only site I've ever personally seen that has this role. In all other forums I only ever see mods, admins and CMs. So if we have it, I don't want it just for spambot nuking...it's lame. I want SMC to be a prestigious role that means something more than it does now. Once we have given this role a new and more important role, we will make an announcement to fill the roles across the 3 time zones. Please forgive the delay on this, but it's for the better of the role and the team. You may have also see Vulgotha and LeisureSuitLarry and though OMG Ghost is too liberal with the red! Well, these two are actually what has become PSU's Tech Advisory team. They have been working with Steven to help solve bugs in the forum and to implement new features! To differentiate between Steven's admins and my admins, we are going to do this: Vulgotha/LeisureSuitLarry...or some other color that doesn't too closely resemble the subs too much. Moderation MO As I've mentioned, there will be several key changes to PSU's style of moderation. We are doing away with the infraction system and instead engaging with reported members via polite PMs that seek to resolve problems intelligently and personally. To keep the mod team in check and accountable, all the correspondence that happens between a mod and member as a result of a report is now posted as a record in the report thread for the whole team to see. This means that we can collectively analyse and improve our manner of engagement to make sure it's the diplomatic register we are aiming for. It also means that we can be fully transparent should someone cry fowl. The main priority on this side of things is the redefining of PSU's rules and how they are delivered. Think of this as a reboot of PSU's rule...also as something that will be iterative overtime for the purpose of optimisation. Expect news on this around the 1st. Community Development I don't have anything to say here! We are focussing on admin for now! Once the mod machine is up and running as intended, we will move on to community initiatives! However! Update on PSU's Subscription This is going to become a HUGE for the site. It's a neglected and under utilised revenue source which is long overdue for some love. While I don't have any details for you now, I can tell you:
    • Steven, the mod team and the content team will be discussing how to develop the sub system.
    • We are accepting your ideas, please PM me.
    • My team will be reviewing av and sig sizes so that those who pay to support the site get to look the biggest and most glorious. I know that this may upset some people who have been enjoying the larger sizes, but this is a pretty important point of differentiation that is easily set up as part of the subs benefit suite.

I'm sorry I can't tell you anything more but I will make sure that PSU has a sub that people want to sign up for! Ummm...anything else? Oh yeah...I will be opening up the CM announcement thread again soon. Please read the last post I made there as it explains the threads purpose moving forward (yes I am keeping that badboy open as long as humanly possible!
    A special note to all - The most important traits to be held by any team include solidarity and respect for reputation. PSU's content and mod teams are filled with some of the most unique, awesome and smart people around and collectively they represent the site's staff. As a member of either of those groups, it's important that you do your best to uphold that solidarity and reputation by conducting yourself diplomatically, friendly and intelligently wherever possible in the forums. I know this generally isn't an issue, just remember to take pride in your position of service at PSU and do justice to your fellow team members by upholding the same dignity that the others are upholding through their behaviour.
    Since my like buttons have zero functionality I'll just say awesome and +rep lol

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Ghost

excellent post and great ideas... I wonder how will the spammers be dealt with. I understand the infraction part clearly and with you on that one, any vocal exchange between members and staff makes more sense than an insulting infraction
    I'm pretty sure spam will be removed by any available staff member.

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'm pretty sure spam will be removed by any available staff member.
    they sure as hell took their time with that skidrow dude the other day! he was spamming more than kwes did when he 1st joined!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Since my like buttons have zero functionality I'll just say awesome and +rep lol
    weird I have the same problem

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Thread Information