Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 212
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Also another stupid thing is if you talked about who you voted for, you were threatened with a perma ban for life.
    We could say who we voted for, just not details of what we discussed or candidates if they didn't openly announce they were an applicant. Basically we can't go on about what we said about the candidates.

@Justin- I understand the concern about it. One thing that I will say this was not a quick, vote then Ghost had the job. This went on over the course of a couple weeks. Not to mention it was fair in format and something were brought up that others did or didn't know. Helped everyone be informed on the candidates. With something as tight knit as this community I think it helps to have members on it. A bit unorthodox, yes, but I think it was a good choice in the end after being apart of it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Lethal, I know you are not the one who ratted me to Steven. You did however bring to light in a thread that you knew I was removed from the panel when no one else did, now that is intriguing to me. Could you shed some light on that perhaps? My biggest concern is the lack of professionalism of those on the panel. What's worst is the fact many of them were current/former staff members. Where is the maturity if they can't even keep a list of panel members in secret?
    Whoa. Thats a wide brush that youre painting with. Not all of us on the panel let stuff out. I personally didnt tell anybody anything about who was on the panel nor what we discussed or who we voted for. Some of us did follow SteveW confidentiality instructions to the letter. So describing "those on the panel" as immature and unprofessional is pretty generalising.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-24-2013 at 18:59.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    This is exactly what happened. This is how Ghost knew he was the new CM, over a week before the final votes were in. Nothing more than a high school popularity contest. This is why there are so many damn staff members now. Ghost promised a spot on staff for their votes. It is simple as that.

Ghost was -naive- enough to constantly drop hints in the shoutbox that he was the new CM. Very immature and irresponsible. This whole process was handled as if this was a high school project.

For the record, I was not on the voting panel. I was made staff for a very specific reason. To help Steven with the site. That is it.

Just feel like I am being lumped in here, so I'd appreciate it if you not paint your opinions with a such a broad brush. Thanks.
    Last edited by Christopher; 07-24-2013 at 19:01.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Good to see a feedback thread being left open for once.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Lethal, I know you are not the one who ratted me to Steven. You did however bring to light in a thread that you knew I was removed from the panel when no one else did, now that is intriguing to me. Could you shed some light on that perhaps?

My biggest concern is the lack of professionalism of those on the panel. What's worst is the fact many of them were current/former staff members. Where is the maturity if they can't even keep a list of panel members in secret?
    I did not rat you out to Steven. Not sure who did. You were removed because I believe you were sending PM's to other members asking who was on the panel or something? Not exactly sure.

There was also a staff member giving out staff information to you. I do not know who that staff member was though. But I do know that you knew information that only the staff would know.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    This is exactly what happened. This is how Ghost knew he was the new CM, over a week before the final votes were in. Nothing more than a high school popularity contest. This is why there are so many damn staff members now. Ghost promised a spot on staff for their votes. It is simple as that.

Ghost was -naive- enough to constantly drop hints in the shoutbox that he was the new CM. Very immature and irresponsible. This whole process was handled as if this was a high school project.
    looks i like i cant like posts anymore :/
    sounds this was setup get rid of cuguy from CM

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Whoa. Thats a wide brush that youre painting with. Not all of us on the panel let stuff out. I personally didnt tell anybody anything about who was on the panel nor what we discussed or who we voted for. Some of us did follow SteveW confidentiality instructions to the letter.
    Agreed I worded that wrong. I should of said "certain" members of the panel because not everyone is immediately guilty here. The point I am trying to make here is deliberate lack of professionalism, maturity, respect, and confidentiality by veteran members, plus former and current staff members (from the panel). Discussions were starting on the new CM before the entire panel was even finalized, and that is not right. The fact panel members were discussing things prior to everything paints a picture of "planning ahead".

8 years and counting!

8. Likes Cuguy likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    looks i like i cant like posts anymore :/
    sounds this was setup get rid of cuguy from CM
    It very much was a setup to remove Cuguy. I said from the very beginning that Ghost was going to become the new CM. Before all of this voting crap went down. It would have been best if Steven just manned up and fired Cuguy, instead of this ridiculous high school charade.

Right when all the Admins decided it was best to remove Ghost as an SMC, so he can focus more on the content side of his duties, Steven announces that there is going to be some stupid voting process to replace the CM. Steven also mentioned that he talks to Ghost often, and they have gotten pretty close.

Then all of a sudden Ghost becomes the CM. And Ghost knew this weeks before all the voting was over.
    Last edited by Lethal; 07-24-2013 at 19:05.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Agreed I worded that wrong. I should of said "certain" members of the panel because not everyone is immediately guilty here. The point I am trying to make here is deliberate lack of professionalism, maturity, respect, and confidentiality by veteran members, plus former and current staff members (from the panel). Discussions were starting on the new CM before the entire panel was even finalized, and that is not right. The fact panel members were discussing things prior to everything paints a picture of "planning ahead".
    Oh ok, no worries bro. lol

YouTube Editor
    I did not rat you out to Steven. Not sure who did. You were removed because I believe you were sending PM's to other members asking who was on the panel or something? Not exactly sure.

There was also a staff member giving out staff information to you. I do not know who that staff member was though. But I do know that you knew information that only the staff would know.
    What information would that be? I will be honest, and state I messaged a staff member in regards to the panel. Within no time I received an IP warning and was removed from the panel. I am just curious as to how you knew I was removed. If confidentiality was so important why did I need to keep quiet whereas others did not? Obviously this were true if you knew of my demise.

8 years and counting!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    What information would that be? I will be honest, and state I messaged a staff member in regards to the panel. Within no time I received an IP warning and was removed from the panel. I am just curious as to how you knew I was removed. If confidentiality was so important why did I need to keep quiet whereas others did not? Obviously this were true if you knew of my demise.
    I knew pretty much everything that was going on with this forum. I was an Admin after all. I will not disclose the information that was leaked though. I know for a fact that there was a mole in our staff though. Just not sure who the hell it was lol.

I also believe that Steven did not like some of your responses in the CM thread he made. I honestly can't remember, so do not quote me entirely on that one.

YouTube Editor
    I knew pretty much everything that was going on with this forum. I was an Admin after all. I will not disclose the information that was leaked though. I know for a fact that there was a mole in our staff though. Just not sure who the hell it was lol.

I also believe that Steven did not like some of your responses in the CM thread he made.
    Which thread would that be? There has been quite a few as of late in regards to the former and current CM. I will agree and say in one thread I let certain things get the better of me and I resulted in several unnecessary jabs at certain members (ones which I regret). That is not who I am and not what I am about, and I know I won't stoop to that ever again.

I also agree that there may be certain things I said that Steven wouldn't agree with. From day one I challenged his decision around the panel, and it seems my suspicions may have been correct about a possible popularity vote taking shape. I felt from the beginning by going this route it would not end with the overall best result for PSU going forward. Now that I know more about how this went down I wish I had of pushed even harder for another method to be used.

I appreciate the posts Lethal. Thanks.

8 years and counting!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Which thread would that be? There has been quite a few as of late in regards to the former and current CM. I will agree and say in one thread I let certain things get the better of me and I resulted in several unnecessary jabs at certain members (ones which I regret). That is not who I am and not what I am about, and I know I won't stoop to that ever again.

I also agree that there may be certain things I said that Steven wouldn't agree with. From day one I challenged his decision around the panel, and it seems my suspicions may have been correct about a possible popularity vote taking shape. I felt from the beginning by going this route it would not end with the overall best result for PSU going forward. Now that I know more about how this went down I wish I had of pushed even harder for another method to be used.

I appreciate the posts Lethal. Thanks.
    lol At this point I think we need to switch to PM's. I will be more than happy to trade information with you.
    Last edited by Lethal; 07-24-2013 at 19:17.

Forum Guru
    Items User name style

I also believe that Steven did not like some of your responses in the CM thread he made. I honestly can't remember, so do not quote me entirely on that one.
    Vengeful is amazing<3

YouTube Editor
    Here is the reality check this site and thread needed:

What we have here is a graph showcasing PSU's daily traffic rank. If you look closely the sharp decrease occurred exactly at the point where Dave left the site, and it has been declining ever since. At one point we were up in the top 10,000 but now may never see that again. When Dave was the CM here PSU soared, his background and abilities made for a great community and we were at our peak. Since then he has been irreplaceable and no one with his knowledge, and abilities has ever been found. This also proves that PSU was not in a state of decline until roughly August 2009 unlike what many others believe.

8 years and counting!

Soldier 95B
    Permanent IP ban? How childish can you get. FFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Permanent IP ban? How childish can you get. FFS.
    How is it childish? I am trying to show case PSU's steady decline, and find ways for us to rectify this.

8 years and counting!

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    How is it childish? I am trying to show case PSU's steady decline, and find ways for us to rectify this.
    He was referring to something else entirely, not your graph post.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    He was referring to something else entirely, not your graph post.
    Oh that's possible. If so my bad!

8 years and counting!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Ok ok, this thread served its initial purpose. I will leave it here for you lot to read, but it was my mistake to re open it after it was closed.

PM me if you wanna chat!

33x

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

22. Likes Shingo , RyanGT likes this post

Thread Information