Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    869 (0 Banked)

    Why The Order 1886 is a PS4 Exclusive

    http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/22/454...-ps4-exclusive

    Interesting read. I think this game looks pretty sweet.

  2. Likes victorijapoosp , Lefein likes this post
  3. #2
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    38
    Posts
    20,893
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    29,062 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Good read,can't Waite for this game

  4. #3
    Superior Member
    Peregrin8X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    orange county
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    17
    Points
    11,245 (0 Banked)
    glad to hear that, unlike other 3rd party devs, RAD wants to take advantage of ps4 hardware. they're gonna make a lot of 3rd party offerings look tame in comparison

  5. #4
    Apprentice
    DarkoStylo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    2,677 (0 Banked)
    Interesting read. Can we see some gameplay now.

    Sent from my Nexus 4

  6. Likes N0REGARD4LIFE likes this post
  7. #5
    Superior Member
    AsterPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    686
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    3,889 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    I like devs who are more about creativity and passion rather than audience.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia 2 and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5


  8. #6
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Less talk more gameplay!

  9. #7
    Dedicated Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,333
    Rep Power
    31
    Points
    14,864 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    This game is in my top 3 already, in this current line up of course. Can't wait for it.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

  10. #8
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    I like devs who are more about creativity and passion rather than audience.
    absolutely. This is one of the games im looking forward to the most on ps4. This was a great read, but like others have stated, lets see some gameplay already



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  11. #9
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    193
    Points
    107,327 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They had me at Steampunk. I'm keeping my eyes on this one and my wallet open.

  12. #10
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,633
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    57,230 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Less talk more gameplay!
    Yes, the trailer did look great but seems like it was rendered, and I'm not so keen on the werewolves like creatures, I really hope those aren't the enemies shown on the trailer. We definitely need some gameplay.


  13. #11
    Elite Sage
    Mael Duin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,743
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    14,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Yes, the trailer did look great but seems like it was rendered, and I'm not so keen on the werewolves like creatures, I really hope those aren't the enemies shown on the trailer. We definitely need some gameplay.
    I'm actually positive about this games, because I was expecting vampires. Thank god for that.
    As for the gameplay, we need it. Trailer didn't show that much, we still don't know what kind of game it will be for sure.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

  14. #12
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Yes, the trailer did look great but seems like it was rendered, and I'm not so keen on the werewolves like creatures, I really hope those aren't the enemies shown on the trailer. We definitely need some gameplay.
    Why arent you keen on werewolves being the enemies? too much twilight lately? lol



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  15. #13
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,633
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    57,230 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    Why arent you keen on werewolves being the enemies? too much twilight lately? lol
    Yeah dude lol, jokes aside though I don't think werewolves make for a worthy game. I would much rather have the cliched weird ass monsters. Just not for me, still the game looks like it might use some of those weird monster creatures, I'm thinking they'll have weird stuff since they have modern weapons when they should be using powder powered weapons lol.


  16. #14
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Yeah dude lol, jokes aside though I don't think werewolves make for a worthy game. I would much rather have the cliched weird ass monsters. Just not for me, still the game looks like it might use some of those weird monster creatures, I'm thinking they'll have weird stuff since they have modern weapons when they should be using powder powered weapons lol.
    True I can see your point. I think werewolves have kinda been overplayed by movies (im looking at your underworld!!!). For a game that looks how it looks, seems to me they would have a bit more than one type of monster on it but what do i know. Good point about the guns lol, but honestly, could you imagine battling a monster and having to repowder a muzzle loader? lol



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  17. #15
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,633
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    57,230 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    True I can see your point. I think werewolves have kinda been overplayed by movies (im looking at your underworld!!!). For a game that looks how it looks, seems to me they would have a bit more than one type of monster on it but what do i know. Good point about the guns lol, but honestly, could you imagine battling a monster and having to repowder a muzzle loader? lol
    Yeah man, that's pretty much it. And yes no way they only use one monster for the game. Haha true, I most certainly would not want that but I reckon it would make for a fun game where you would have to relay on strategy and not just bursting out ablaze with your guns.


  18. #16
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Yeah man, that's pretty much it. And yes no way they only use one monster for the game. Haha true, I most certainly would not want that but I reckon it would make for a fun game where you would have to relay on strategy and not just bursting out ablaze with your guns.
    Strategy!?!?!?!?!? more like watch the cinematic sequence as your face gets ripped off by the monster while you're holding a bag of powder lol. all seriousness though you have a point, would add a bit of strategic feel so we wouldn't COD it all the time



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  19. #17
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    2,603 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    Why arent you keen on werewolves being the enemies? too much twilight lately? lol
    <--lol'd at twilight ref

  20. #18
    Apprentice
    N0REGARD4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Posts
    446
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    1,146 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Agreed. I need to see something more to even care about this one.

  21. #19
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    The worry i have about this game is the setting looked AMAZING but im i right in saying the guns looked futuristic? I dont get that.

  22. #20
    Apprentice
    XtraTrstrL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    15
    Points
    4,813 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    The worry i have about this game is the setting looked AMAZING but im i right in saying the guns looked futuristic? I dont get that.
    Yeah, but they kinda touched on that. They tried to not make it look futuristic like something you'd find in a future sci-fi shooter, but like something a genius of the time period would come up with - like some crazy Nikola Tesla invention or something.

  23. #21
    Superior Member
    TEST SUBJECT 83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    4,876 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    "Yes, the trailer did look great but seems like it was rendered"
    Actually in the E3 trailer it said on screen that, "this trailer was created in engine" and the Dev's have said that "it will pretty much look that that" (meaning the trailer of course) I will look for the article I read that from.
    Anyways exclusives are going to be great for the PS4, but man as a Sony "fanboy" I seriously hate that term, I really wish the XBone was more powerful and matched the PS4 in specs, because then all 3rd party games would in turn be better than they will be now because no developer is going to make a better version of game.
    The best can only be as good as its weakest link.

  24. #22
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,355
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    36,660 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    The worry i have about this game is the setting looked AMAZING but im i right in saying the guns looked futuristic? I dont get that.
    Steampunk
    Whats not to get?





  25. #23
    Apprentice
    XtraTrstrL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    15
    Points
    4,813 (0 Banked)
    @TEST SUBJECT 83,

    There may be a few multiplats that look better, but yeah, they won't have the guts to push it all the way, even if it doesn't take that much effort/time to do so.

  26. #24
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,633
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    57,230 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Actually in the E3 trailer it said on screen that, "this trailer was created in engine" and the Dev's have said that "it will pretty much look that that" (meaning the trailer of course) I will look for the article I read that from.
    Anyways exclusives are going to be great for the PS4, but man as a Sony "fanboy" I seriously hate that term, I really wish the XBone was more powerful and matched the PS4 in specs, because then all 3rd party games would in turn be better than they will be now because no developer is going to make a better version of game.
    The best can only be as good as its weakest link.
    I wasn't aware of that, thanks.


  27. #25
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,766
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    37,400 (0 Banked)
    The Order 1886 is a PS4 exclusive because it's only possible on the PS Quad baby!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.