The Witcher 3 looking to MAX out the PS4/XBOne

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...t-ps4-xbox-one

I highly doubt they'll really MAX out either new console so early in the cycle but its nice to read their confidence and ambition. We're in for a ride this gen, gamers.

Superior Member
    lol they aren't maxing out squat

3. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Superior Member
    Don't Devs normally say this every time they release a new game that they think pushes the boundaries of graphics, only to be beaten by the next new game a few months later.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    LOL! This made me laugh...I didn't think we'd see the consoles being maxed for another 6-7 years.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    It wont happen. They might have the most complex game at launch (though I imagine that will go to first party developers), but it certainly wont max out either system. Regardless, I absolutely love the Witcher games, and I have no doubt it will be absolutely stunning. I will not be surprised in the slightest if it's one of the best looking games for several years. Please note that I said ONE of, not THE most.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    toxic-nightmare
    They say this every time, and i'll just have to use the old explanation of Sand and Rocks in a Jar.
    A professor of philosophy stood before his class with some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a large empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks about two inches in diameter. He then asked the students if the jar was full.

They agreed that it was full.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly and watched as the pebbles rolled into the open areas between the rocks. The professor then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They chuckled and agreed that it was indeed full this time.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. The sand filled the remaining open areas of the jar. “Now,” said the professor, “I want you to recognize that this jar signifies your life. The rocks are the truly important things, such as family, health and relationships. If all else was lost and only the rocks remained, your life would still be meaningful. The pebbles are the other things that matter in your life, such as work or school. The sand signifies the remaining “small stuff” and material possessions.

If you put sand into the jar first, there is no room for the rocks or the pebbles. The same can be applied to your lives. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are truly important.

| Diablo 3 battletag : Toxictemplar#1752 | PSN : Toxic-Nightmare | gamertag : Toxictemplar | Feel free to add me |

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiCNiGhTMaRe View Post
    They say this every time, and i'll just have to use the old explanation of Sand and Rocks in a Jar.
    What, am I stuck in some old Kung Fu episode? Why you over here try'na David Carradine us?

9. Likes ToXiCNiGhTMaRe likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    That article is taken completely out of context, he said "looking to get the most out of the consoles" not "looking to max out the consoles", what they're referring to is using the features available on each platform and not maxing out the everything else. Even the title is wrong on the site.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    “We’re creating a really big game for three major platforms at the same time – if something’s a challenge, it’s that,” said Tomaszkiewicz.

“Additionally, developing on next-gen consoles is always a process to look forward to – working to get the max out of the hardware and thinking how one can creatively use the technology is always a blast.”
    The title would make sense if the dev said "we've maxed out each console"... but... you know... he didn't.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Its early in the generation so I doubt it.They use their potential strengths of both consoles. But to max it no way.
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam),Persona 4 Golden
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Ultimate Veteran
    Hey, they are more than welcome to try! These guys make great games, so I'm cheering them on

14. Likes n0na90 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Hey, they are more than welcome to try! These guys make great games, so I'm cheering them on
    Yep, looking forward to playing this game.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    I wish all developers had this mentality. Being that the PS4 isn't even released yet I highly doubt this due to lack of familiarity, but I welcome their approach!

8 years and counting!

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSoul21 View Post
    Don't Devs normally say this every time they release a new game that they think pushes the boundaries of graphics, only to be beaten by the next new game a few months later.

This.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Yes, the title and the actual interview does not correspond again. I just played through 2 and loved it. I am worried that I can't run Witcher 3, but I want to transfer my saves over.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Flaw3d Genius
    Wt alot of $#@!e devs talk to sell their games!!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Hell yeah! Whether or not they succeed (doubtful I know) I'm glad they want to try. And in any case, I'm just glad there will be a Witcher 3. VERY excited for this one.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Domination23 View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...t-ps4-xbox-one

I highly doubt they'll really MAX out either new console so early in the cycle but its nice to read their confidence and ambition. We're in for a ride this gen, gamers.
    Yea uh they're not going to max out anything. WAYYY to early in the life cycle of the console. With that being said, I am sooooooo looking forward to this game. Been that way since it was first announced.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Thread Information