Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Crytek: Ryse E3 build was "too simplified", final game is more complex, challenging

I was getting this game anyway, but this makes me want it even more now.

There won't be any button prompts during executions, producer reveals

Ryse: Son of Rome's E3 show didn't do a terribly good job of conveying the game's subtleties, Crytek producer Michael Read has admitted. The build shown at the expo was very much work in progress, he told Siliconera in an interview - you can expect more elaborate, tactical brawling with less signposting once Ryse hits shelves.
    We probed Microsoft Studios' James Goddard on the subject ourselves following Ryse's demo at the Xbox press event, and we're reassured to hear that it's a lot more complex than it looks. According to Read, many of the key combat mechanics are still being finalised, which is why Crytek brought an incomplete, purposefully dumbed-down version to the show.
    For starters, you can hold buttons to charge up heavier versions of the standard attack and shield bash, and combine these to create knockback moves such as a shield bash followed by a kick. There won't be any button prompts when performing executions in the final build - you'll need to watch out for less obvious visual and audio cues in order to nail the timing.It's impossible to fail an execution, but the better you time it, the more in-game boosts you'll unlock. Read shed light on an intriguing system that allows you to specify execution benefits via the D-pad before launching into the fray. If you're hurting, you might plump for health boosts, whereas if you're anxious to unlock new executions, you could prioritise XP. Button inputs will apparently correspond to limbs when performing executions - X is your right arm, for instance.
    "What you're going to see in the final game, you're going to see various levels of difficulty from easy mode I think up to nightmare," Read explained. "I don't know if they have decided on that. But, what's going to change in there is the amount of the damage that enemies [are] going to do to you and how accurate that [you'll need to be] at blocking.
    It'll take more than a few blows to trigger an execution state, depending on the foe. "Some of the higher archetype guys, I mean they are going to take a lot of hits. We are going to throw some stupid guys in there, where it's probably going to take two hits, especially early on in the game to get you used to the control system and how that all works. There's a lot we should have explained. We didn't do a good job of doing that."
    Apparently, throwing in all the unpolished additional design elements would have resulted in an "awful experience", but Read does worry that "we simplified things a little bit too much" for the occasion. What's your mileage? Read more about the game's multiplayer unlocks and storylinehere.http://www.oxm.co.uk/58914/crytek-ry...x-challenging/

2. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Good. The old build looked extremely boring and stupid. But then again, why would they show something like that to us? I think the negative feedback from gamers lead Crytek to rebuild battle system in the game.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Super Elite
    I wonder what the extent of this game will be? So far it looks like running around and stabbing people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

5. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I was getting this game anyway, but this makes me want it even more now.
    Indeed. The E3 debut was awesome, but now it just got that much better.

Forum Elder
    just another ONE of the many that just appears to get better with each reveal.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    Good. The old build looked extremely boring and stupid. But then again, why would they show something like that to us? I think the negative feedback from gamers lead Crytek to rebuild battle system in the game.
    I'm glad they're not doing that. It works for some games, but not one like this.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    The devs admit it themselves that Ryse looked way too simple. There needs to be proof though

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Thread Information