Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Are you planing to also get the PS4 Eye Camera?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, probably from the beginning

17 29.31%
  • Not soon, maybe some time after release

26 44.83%
  • Not at all

15 25.86%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    Getting mine day one my PS4 would be naked without it !! I want to fill that Aux port !!
    Oh matron!!!
    PSN = prison_inmate

Im really not a fan of motion gaming at all.

I just went past game today and preordered mine along with second son. And found a copy of folklore I preordered the ps4 back in march.
    i didnt think id get it at launch, but why not? Launch numbers will be stronger point for developers to support it.

Even though the eye isnt as strong as kennect i think some of the camera features and games will make it to ps4 game versions. Like voice commands etc. how hard would it be for small features? Im sure media molecule work will be worth it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I like the fact that I have a say in the matter. But the PS4 Eye is obviously not kinect. There's not nearly as much going on with it as the kinect. Hence the insane price point point of the X1.

I kind of like that controller possition thingy PS4 has going, so I might buy the Eye further down the road. We'll see what else Sony come up with.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by almusmonk View Post
    but why not? Launch numbers will be stronger point for developers to support.
    Bingo ! KEeeeeNo! That's exactly the real reason I plan to buy it, more numbers means more future support, I want to see more party move games etc and the playroom looks like fun (maybe only for a day) I am looking forward to arcade games with move functionality e.g maybe a new time crisis type game
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    Well, I dunno, I doubt Media Molecule was forced to do that scuplting project. It seems like they just loved the idea of the new possibilities with the move controller and the new camera. So, they started doing something new and innovative. So, I figure the same would go for other devs. They'd have a game or 2 that were being build around the idea to begin with I'm sure, not just go to some devs already working on a game and say "Hey, you gotta add some in-depth PS4 Eye and move functionality before release." That'd be pretty silly, and could cause it to be incorporated badly and be counter-productive overall to trying to make the PS4Eye appealing to gamers.

I'm sure Sony is encouraging 1st parties to use the camera though. They can probably also just grab a few impressive indie devs that are willing to do something cool with it, and have them push something new and cool that uses the camera.
    now that makes sense, initially incorporate with the indies. That would also back up Sony's "courtship" of them as well as give some good exposure to the devs willing to take it on. IMO that would be a better strategy than forcing on 1st party because once devs see what a couple indies can do with it, they'll try to design some sick games around it as well.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'll wait to see content and what interests me.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    I like the fact that I have a say in the matter. But the PS4 Eye is obviously not kinect. There's not nearly as much going on with it as the kinect. Hence the insane price point point of the X1.

I kind of like that controller possition thingy PS4 has going, so I might buy the Eye further down the road. We'll see what else Sony come up with.
    I agree with you and i love how you touched on my biggest thought on the motion gaming of next gen, I HAVE A CHOICE.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I am sure I will buy it after a few months if not on release date. I couldn't stop myself with move or vita. I just need to buy these.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    I am sure I will buy it after a few months if not on release date. I couldn't stop myself with move or vita. I just need to buy these.
    did you even like the move at all or just bought them because they're playstation products?

11. Likes K2D likes this post

PSN ID
    ckarlic
    Just out of curiosity, do you need the Playstation move "wands" to work with the PS4 camera or will the Dual Shock 4's work .

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by ckarlc View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you need the Playstation move "wands" to work with the PS4 camera or will the Dual Shock 4's work .
    The DS4 is made to work with the eye. That's what the huge light on it is for.

PSN ID
    ckarlic
    Quote Originally Posted by on the rocks View Post
    The DS4 is made to work with the eye. That's what the huge light on it is for.
    Thanks...that is what i figured. I was just watching the Media Molecule tech demo and they were using the Move wands.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    did you even like the move at all or just bought them because they're playstation products?
    I like it of course, but I don't feel like I get what I invested. I have 2 sports game, sorcery and a few move game , which my guests love to play. my bro love to play table tennis on it so I just bought it for him too. But like I said, Sony announced move controllers are still supported, so I only need to buy the new camera, it is not expensive so...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

I personally will wait.

I'm going to try to pre-order the PS4 so that when it comes out i get it shipped right to my doorstep, considering i'm only going to get one game, along with the PS Plus service, that will be more than enough to spend on. Specially considering i havent been in tune with other games in the market for a couple years now since i spend most of my time on Left 4 Dead and any Fifa games.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    I like it of course, but I don't feel like I get what I invested. I have 2 sports game, sorcery and a few move game , which my guests love to play. my bro love to play table tennis on it so I just bought it for him too. But like I said, Sony announced move controllers are still supported, so I only need to buy the new camera, it is not expensive so...
    true. the way they're still supporting current move controllers is a very good thing for the customers who have already bought any move system. but if they haven't, I don't see many people making the investment

moving on tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    The camera isn't very expensive like $50 AUD so it's a no brainier for me really
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    The camera isn't very expensive like $50 AUD so it's a no brainier for me really
    well yea its not as expensive as the kinect 2.0 but like weve discussed in previous posts the kinect 2.0 is a bit more advanced.
    But the good thing about the eye is that it supports current controllers so if you have em, its cheap money to get set up and go

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Nope... Used my move for one game and waiting on a second one. Not worth it IMO to get the one for PS4 unless there is a lot more core support for it.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    well yea its not as expensive as the kinect 2.0 but like weve discussed in previous posts the kinect 2.0 is a bit more advanced.
    But the good thing about the eye is that it supports current controllers so if you have em, its cheap money to get set up and go
    That's true and its not going to work for people who have their PS4s in their bedroom or Broom closet it's not going to work as well just like the Kinnect needed a third party wide angle lens attachment to work in small spaces, the PS Eye 2 features two wide angle lenses so theoretically it has panoramic vision which will help with the small space issue but for lounge rooms it will be a party feature everyone will be able to fit nicely in the things view. Two cameras is a smart move twice the accuracy IMHO.

Thread Information