Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    The cop definitely did step forward to him. The kid didn't seem happy that they were late and he can express that without being hit by the cop he called for assistance.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There's not enough footage for me to decide who is wrong, or right, in this one.

I'd love to see the other officers footage. We can see a little better that way.

Let's start with the time complaint. When we are called to things, we have to get there when we can get there. That's all I can really say about that. I would have diffused that a lot better by ignoring that comment the citizen made altogether. So, "ya'll took 45 mins to get here", my reply, "What can I help you with sir?", and go from there. No need to argue with him and do a $#@! measuring contest in regards to time.

When the officer stepped forward, there was still a gap in between them. I still wouldn't have closed that gap like that. I don't see any reason why being closer to him helps get the job done any faster in this one. When the citizen stepped forward, he closed the gap too much. That alone would have made me put my hand up, and tell him to step back a few. If he stopped, we're done. We can continue with the issue he called about. However, if that citizen stepped forward closing that gap with clenched fists, he would have been dealt with accordingly.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    The line the cop was using (Lets start over) was really arrogant and scant of an incredible ego. No, there is no "starting over" once you assault another person. I will admit the clip was slightly funny but its serious this is going on. "Can we start over or do I need to further introduce myself?"

Both were in the wrong but that cop was crossing the line completely and acted like a total $#@!. A suspension for sure should have been applied and a review of his standing as a police officer. Strange that he is the one recording this and then reports his own power trip. He should have just gave a warning out first if he felt insulted or disrespected. A growing number of Police in America are doing this power trip business as the MIC is getting all the branches to hire all the ex-military and wackos as uniformed men. Its getting scary, AJ warned of this for many years.

Ultimate Veteran
    They are both wrong seems fake

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post

What do you guys make of this?
    well number one all this is happening when there were people trying to steal stuff out of his house or did i not hear that correctly.
    and secondly, you can say he got owned but im sure if he knew that that was going to happen, it would have been a bit more of a tussle than that "big bad boy marine" throwing him on the ground.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Yeah, he has the right to remain silent. If he gives up his right to remain silent anything he says can and will be used against him in a court of law. He has the right to an attorney. If he cannot afford an attorney then one will be provided to him by the courts.

Beyond that he does NOT have the right to get in a police officers face and yell and curse at him. As much as people may think this is something they can get away with, it is technically illegal and a police officer has every right to do exactly what these officers did. He represented a potential threat and the police were obligated to deal with the potential threat. The officer doesn't know this guy, he has no idea if the man is stupid enough to take a swing at him, but because of the dangers of police work he's forced to assume the guy is a threat and act accordingly.
    He did not look like a threat. Also, the cop stepped up to him first.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    There's not enough footage for me to decide who is wrong, or right, in this one.

I'd love to see the other officers footage. We can see a little better that way.

Let's start with the time complaint. When we are called to things, we have to get there when we can get there. That's all I can really say about that. I would have diffused that a lot better by ignoring that comment the citizen made altogether. So, "ya'll took 45 mins to get here", my reply, "What can I help you with sir?", and go from there. No need to argue with him and do a $#@! measuring contest in regards to time.

When the officer stepped forward, there was still a gap in between them. I still wouldn't have closed that gap like that. I don't see any reason why being closer to him helps get the job done any faster in this one. When the citizen stepped forward, he closed the gap too much. That alone would have made me put my hand up, and tell him to step back a few. If he stopped, we're done. We can continue with the issue he called about. However, if that citizen stepped forward closing that gap with clenched fists, he would have been dealt with accordingly.
    well lets remember here dude, you're probably a BIT more educated than that officer
    I agree with how you would handle it, I would try to do it the same way but if I was in the situation first hand, who knows.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    $#@! head "solider" stepped up to a marine and got owned. Nothing to see here.
    This.^ And he sure changed his tune after getting a little attitude adjustment handed to him. lol

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    This.^ And he sure changed his tune after getting a little attitude adjustment handed to him. lol
    oh damn crow are you of the opinion that marines are just the baddest thing on the planet?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    oh damn crow are you of the opinion that marines are just the baddest thing on the planet?
    Did I say that? Are you of the opinion that marines are a bunch of wimps? See I can do that too. Anyway that being said the cop did come across as kind of a $#@! as well.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-24-2013 at 16:59.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Did I say that? Are you of the opinion that marines are a bunch of wimps? See I can do that too. Anyway that being said the cop did come across as kind of a $#@! as well.
    just trying to mess with ya crow damn. no i dont think marines are whimps but they aren't the toughest mofo's out there. Yea i agree, thats a situation when two $#@!heads meet each other.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    just trying to mess with ya crow damn. no i dont think marines are whimps but they aren't the toughest mofo's out there. Yea i agree, thats a situation when two $#@!heads meet each other.
    Yep exactly.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Yep exactly.
    well $#@! i thought i had found something that you and i actually disagreed on, but i was wrong. The skull carrying brothers are too unified

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Oh snap!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Oh snap!
    ahahahha nice spinning back kick to the nuts by the bear.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

i think it was fairly clear. watch it carefully. you can see the camera moving towards the soldier before he even moves an inch.

totally agree. would've loved seeing this on the show Cops where cops are just so so nice. as hoverbike said, it's pretty weird that he records himself being a douchebag and completely wrong.
    When the officer stepped forward, there was still a gap in between them. I still wouldn't have closed that gap like that.
    i agree but if you notice, the cop became a threat first. now a normal civilian may not have done what the soldier did (even though some civilians are crazy) but still he didn't get up to him first. he never touches the cop first or moves his body/extremities in a way that makes him a potential threat.

I don't see any reason why being closer to him helps get the job done any faster in this one. When the citizen stepped forward, he closed the gap too much. That alone would have made me put my hand up, and tell him to step back a few.
    and that's exactly what the cop should've done. i totally agree with you.

If he stopped, we're done. We can continue with the issue he called about. However, if that citizen stepped forward closing that gap with clenched fists, he would have been dealt with accordingly.
    well, that i will say that we couldn't see from the video so a better video would've shown that better.

but the cop took none of those precautions. and i can understand your reasons. if he was just standing up to him, that's different, if he does more than that e.g. clenching of fist like you said, then it's more of a grey area and i could understand force being used.

maybe not as he did but more like, you'd just arrest him by putting his hands behind him or maybe even putting your hand on your gun and sternly asking the guy to put his hands behind his back.

either way you slice it, the cop was a douche-bag and we should not have people like that in the force.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i think it was fairly clear. watch it carefully. you can see the camera moving towards the soldier before he even moves an inch.

Taking a step isn't necessarily a bad thing here. It can be, sure.

totally agree. would've loved seeing this on the show Cops where cops are just so so nice. as hoverbike said, it's pretty weird that he records himself being a douchebag and completely wrong.
    i agree but if you notice, the cop became a threat first. now a normal civilian may not have done what the soldier did (even though some civilians are crazy) but still he didn't get up to him first. he never touches the cop first or moves his body/extremities in a way that makes him a potential threat.

I don't think he was a threat solely for taking a step forward. I think we'd need to see some better angles, something. There was obviously a gap still between them, and both were at a stand still position at that point.

and that's exactly what the cop should've done. i totally agree with you.

well, that i will say that we couldn't see from the video so a better video would've shown that better.

but the cop took none of those precautions. and i can understand your reasons. if he was just standing up to him, that's different, if he does more than that e.g. clenching of fist like you said, then it's more of a grey area and i could understand force being used.

maybe not as he did but more like, you'd just arrest him by putting his hands behind him or maybe even putting your hand on your gun and sternly asking the guy to put his hands behind his back.

If that were me in that position, I wouldn't have hit that guy. If he had clenched fists, and stepped towards me I would have stepped back and raised my right hand while telling him to stop right there. As I'm talking, I'll take my left and and grab my tazer. If he continued to walk towards me with the clenched fists, and I'm still having to step back, then he gets the volts. That's my take on it. Yeah, at that point he'd be arrested for attempted assault and battery of a public official.

either way you slice it, the cop was a douche-bag and we should not have people like that in the force.
    I agree with that for sure.
    In da bold.

Forum Overseer
    i agree with everything you've said. that's really how i thought cops engaged. sadly i can't rep or like the post

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Two basic concepts...

1. If someone is coming at you, you make space.
    2. If you're going at someone, you reduce space.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    well in canada cop is in the wrong doing what he did the kid

Forum Overseer
    that's pretty much what F34R said.

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I agree with most people in here really! The soldier was a $#@! and should still show respect to other people, and the police officer shouldn't of used that amount of force against him, personally I think it would've been better if he said something along the lines of:

"im going to have to ask you to calm down or I will use force against you"

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    the cops should loses there jobs does not matter if the kid was a being a asshole and there number of reason why they should be fire
    number 1 the kid reported he was getting rob and attack and the cops took over 40mins to arrived
    number 2 cops are trained to keep people calm those cops failed to even talk calm to the kid
    number 3 the cops went up to kid acting like a big shoot
    number 4 the cops used unnecessary force to control the victim they should put the victim in hand cups until he calm down.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    A cop will always try to take control of the situation, it's what they do and probably why he stepped forward towards the kid.
    Too bad the kid didn't take that big hint that the cop was going to be cowed by his bravado and foolishly stepped forward too. Once he did that with his attitude he's got a good chance of being a threat, and then got taken down for it.

Could he have handled it nicer? Sure...he could have.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    A cop will always try to take control of the situation, it's what they do and probably why he stepped forward towards the kid.
    Too bad the kid didn't take that big hint that the cop was going to be cowed by his bravado and foolishly stepped forward too. Once he did that with his attitude he's got a good chance of being a threat, and then got taken down for it.

Could he have handled it nicer? Sure...he could have.
    i hope the kid takes it court and wins

Thread Information