Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    i hope the kid takes it court and wins
    As somebody who's been on the wrong side of the law a few times I'll tell you most likely he won't.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    As somebody who's been on the wrong side of the law a few times I'll tell you most likely he won't.
    well its in usa guess your right

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Yeah, the soldier was being aggressive thinking "I can push this guy around, I can have this guy", turns out he he couldn't. Got what he deserved for trying to be a bully.
    The guy who DIDN'T put him down was as wide as me at the shoulders, they are making some big cops out in them parts!!!

Elite Member
    Obviously the young cadet/soldier didn't have any discipline or manners, so an old Marine had to teach him some.

Look on the bright side, at least the "Soldier" didn't pick a fight with George Zimmerman or his ass would of...

5. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ugh, "reason" should not, in any way or form, be in your user name.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    The guy who DIDN'T put him down was as wide as me at the shoulders, they are making some big cops out in them parts!!!
    They make big cops in all parts... well most.. that i've seen.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    They make big cops in all parts... well most.. that i've seen.
    not necessarily. he was ex marine and while I definitely do not consider them everything they're hyped to be, a good percentage of them ARE big, or extremely cut

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    not necessarily. he was ex marine and while I definitely do not consider them everything they're hyped to be, a good percentage of them ARE big, or extremely cut

moving on tapatalk
    Well where I live , almost all of the cops I've seen are at least 6 foot 2, 230 + LBS

I am actually neighbors with at least 6ish cops and they're all huge

Forum Overseer
    yea i think you pretty much have to be able to defend yourself from any physical threat so you have to be big. i don't know how some people do it...not everyone's built to be a cop, physically or mentally.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Well where I live , almost all of the cops I've seen are at least 6 foot 2, 230 + LBS

I am actually neighbors with at least 6ish cops and they're all huge
    $#@! dude nowhere near like that where I'm from. where u live? u can pm if u don't want it on here

moving on tapatalk

Veteran
    $#@! dude nowhere near like that where I'm from. where u live? u can pm if u don't want it on here

moving on tapatalk
    I live right on the very edge of Philadelphia. I moved in here without knowing all of the cops around.. then I started noticing them wearing their uniforms and stuff outside. Can't complain though, makes me feel pretty safe lol

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    he didn't.
    Are you seriously going to sit here and say that he wasn't yelling "$#@!" at the cop, calling the cops names, and generally acting like a $#@!? Because if you are trying to say that then either you didn't watch the video, you have a poor grasp of reality, or you're a liar.

do not think that's allowed in the U.S. maybe third world countries.
    Oh it's quite allowed in the US. If you ever doubt that get right up in a cops face and start yelling and cussing at him. For a real treat, try it with a Texas DPS officer. That will be a real joy for you.

when would you say that he should be identified as a potential threat? when he said that they were late?
    The moment he raised his voice and started cussing he became a potential threat.

Just as you would consider me a threat if I walked up to you and began shouting and cussing at you.

should they have done the same to a woman?
    If a woman did the same then, yes, of course. Don't tell me you're also a sexist who believes men and women should have different rules.

this was nothing but a sick cop taking out appeasing his personal ego.
    No, it was a cop showing up to respond to a call about a violent attack who is suddenly confronted with a man who is yelling and cussing at him for no apparent reason. Could this man be the attacker rather than the victim? Could this man be planning on attacking the cop? How is the cop supposed to know?

there was no indication at any point that he was a threat.
    Other than the yelling, cussing, bragging about being a soldier, and admitting he was already in a fight?

also they did not give him a warning either.
    They don't have to.

yes, he did step up to the cop once the cop stepped up to him. that much i agree.
    Good, then you agree that he attempted to intimidate the cop. Surely a deliberate act of physical intimidation is a threat, right? At least in the end you're honest enough to admit that he did threaten the cop.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    He did not look like a threat.
    How about this little girl? Does she look like a threat?

Also, the cop stepped up to him first.
    Which the cop has every right to do. The cop does not know the story, the cop does not know this man, all the cop knows is that he was called to a place due to a fight. He has no idea who was fighting, who started it, or if weapons are involved. He gets out of the car and within seconds he has some man cussing and yelling at him.

Yes, the cop stepped forward first. The cop was going to take charge of the situation and work towards getting it resolved which requires questioning ALL parties involved. Because he doesn't know the whole story he is also forced to assume that anyone, including this man, may be the attacker and suspect he is looking for. Therefor when the man starts displaying anger and possible violence, yes, the cop stepped forward to prepare to deal with a potentially violent situation.

And the man responded by stepping right up into the cops face and yelling even louder. That is threatening.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 07-24-2013 at 22:42.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Are you seriously going to sit here and say that he wasn't yelling "$#@!" at the cop, calling the cops names, and generally acting like a $#@!? Because if you are trying to say that then either you didn't watch the video, you have a poor grasp of reality, or you're a liar.

Oh it's quite allowed in the US. If you ever doubt that get right up in a cops face and start yelling and cussing at him. For a real treat, try it with a Texas DPS officer. That will be a real joy for you.

The moment he raised his voice and started cussing he became a potential threat.

Just as you would consider me a threat if I walked up to you and began shouting and cussing at you.

If a woman did the same then, yes, of course. Don't tell me you're also a sexist who believes men and women should have different rules.

No, it was a cop showing up to respond to a call about a violent attack who is suddenly confronted with a man who is yelling and cussing at him for no apparent reason. Could this man be the attacker rather than the victim? Could this man be planning on attacking the cop? How is the cop supposed to know?

Other than the yelling, cussing, bragging about being a soldier, and admitting he was already in a fight?

They don't have to.

Good, then you agree that he attempted to intimidate the cop. Surely a deliberate act of physical intimidation is a threat, right? At least in the end you're honest enough to admit that he did threaten the cop.
    Yelling and cussing isn't against the law.. unless of course, there is a state law against it. Generally speaking though, it isn't against the law. Nothing that guy did against the cop, short of stepping to him, would be considered a threat.

Freedom of speech, and "fighting" words aren't against the law when they are directed towards law enforcement. That is generally speaking. Some states may have laws that say people can't swear or yell at a cop, but I've never seen such a law.
    Last edited by F34R; 07-24-2013 at 23:55. Reason: spelling "thread" ... change it to "threat"

16. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

Police Officer slaps U.S. Soldier in the face

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yelling and cussing isn't against the law.. unless of course, there is a state law against it. Generally speaking though, it isn't against the law. Nothing that guy did against the cop, short of stepping to him, would be considered a thread.

Freedom of speech, and "fighting" words aren't against the law when they are directed towards law enforcement. That is generally speaking. Some states may have laws that say people can't swear or yell at a cop, but I've never seen such a law.
    fear let me ask u something because I've wondered this and even my damn law professor doesn't know the answer. if I give a police officer the middle finger, that is not illegal. but if I verbalized, "$#@! you" he can arrest me for slandering an officer. right or wrong?
    as a general rule that is I know different states have different statutes

moving on tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    fear let me ask u something because I've wondered this and even my damn law professor doesn't know the answer. if I give a police officer the middle finger, that is not illegal. but if I verbalized, "$#@! you" he can arrest me for slandering an officer. right or wrong?
    as a general rule that is I know different states have different statutes

moving on tapatalk
    Generally, no, nothing wrong with either one from a legal standpoint. Disrespectful, yes; illegal, no. "$#@! You" is in no way slandering anyone.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Generally, no, nothing wrong with either one from a legal standpoint. Disrespectful, yes; illegal, no. "$#@! You" is in no way slandering anyone.
    oh ok so nothing wrong with either one then. ok. I was thinking making the phrase directed AT the officer was considered slandering. well I got one right lol

moving on tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    oh ok so nothing wrong with either one then. ok. I was thinking making the phrase directed AT the officer was considered slandering. well I got one right lol

moving on tapatalk
    Slander is about defamation of someone. Like saying an untruth statement about someone that can harm the reputation of that person.

If it were illegal to say "$#@! you" to a cop, then half the population, or more, would be arrested lol.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Slander is about defamation of someone. Like saying an untruth statement about someone that can harm the reputation of that person.

If it were illegal to say "$#@! you" to a cop, then half the population, or more, would be arrested lol.
    well nevermind I had it completely wrong then. thanks man. check ya damn friend requests too lol

moving on tapatalk

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by f34r View Post
    if it were illegal to say "$#@! you" to a cop, then half the population, or more, would be arrested lol.
    more
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Overseer
    1) he wasn't yelling, he slightly raised his voice after the cop said, "I'm not on your time watch." So far he is not a threat by any means. The cop then starts walking towards him with an angered tone. This is precisely when the soldier steps up to the cop and starts saying that he's a US soldier and that the cop should know who he's talking to.

Ok, fine, he's a $#@!y kid, so what? The cop's approach was wrong. He should not be agitating the subject. A policeman's job is to calm the situation down, use defensive measures, not escalate. Why did the cop do this? Well, for one, he has backup, second, he has a gun. He holds the power. Clear abuse of power.

Out of context, he did not walk right up to the cop's face and start yelling and cursing at him. He never yelled anyway and he just said "$#@!" and that's it. Also he didn't walk up to the cop first anyway...it's still wrong for him to do that but he was not the aggressor, do understand that. It began with the cop. Complaining about them is not against the law and does not deserve aggression.

Again, they are not much different than firefighters or construction workers. They're hired by the local government to help the community, not take over.

The moment he raised his voice and started cussing he became a potential threat. Just as you would consider me a threat if I walked up to you and began shouting and cussing at you.
    What did he say other than that one random "$#@!" word? Now like F34R was saying, if he started to flail his hands around or walk about aggressively, that I can understand. He didn't do any of it.

lol no. I'm saying this because sometimes people get their judgement mixed up due to the sex of the person...sometimes it needs perspective.

No, it was a cop showing up to respond to a call about a violent attack who is suddenly confronted with a man who is yelling and cussing at him for no apparent reason.
    But he wasn't. He didn't even say the f word until the cop made that agitated comment.
    Could this man be the attacker rather than the victim? Could this man be planning on attacking the cop? How is the cop supposed to know?
    sure but even if he was the attacker, he didn't deserve to get beat down to the ground for doing what he did. that's not how the law works.
    yes he did try to intimidate the cop but in no way did the cop HAVE to use those measures. The cop could've easily backed down (or never have approached him in that manner to begin with) and deescalated the situation. Like F34R (a cop) said, is exactly what I think should've happened. You have rules of engagement. You are taught to handle the situation in the most defensive way possible with severe precaution.
    How about this little girl? Does she look like a threat?

I'm not sure what that girl has to do with this case.

Which the cop has every right to do.
    cop stepping up to someone, it should be done for a better reason...he was just looking for a fight. That's not what cops are supposed to do. If he was a potential threat, they can easily tell him to put his hands behind his back, they have a gun. the cop wanted to beat him, he took the situation personal.
    The cop does not know the story, the cop does not know this man, all the cop knows is that he was called to a place due to a fight. He has no idea who was fighting, who started it, or if weapons are involved. He gets out of the car and within seconds he has some man cussing and yelling at him.
    again, no he did not do that right away or ever.
    Yes, the cop stepped forward first. The cop was going to take charge of the situation and work towards getting it resolved which requires questioning ALL parties involved.
    That's not how you resolve issues lol. I don't know what sort of cops you've seen or known but cops take a lot of precautions and never stand that close to the subject unless they were secure.

Because he doesn't know the whole story he is also forced to assume that anyone, including this man, may be the attacker and suspect he is looking for. Therefor when the man starts displaying anger and possible violence, yes, the cop stepped forward to prepare to deal with a potentially violent situation.
    the most i can see them doing is taking someone down, not punching them when he clearly does not need that.
    And the man responded by stepping right up into the cops face and yelling even louder. That is threatening.
    what he did at the end, yes, that was wrong by the soldier but whatever happened up until then was not correctly handled.

Thread Information