Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83

Do you wish the XBO was more powerful to make 3rd party games better?

So it seems like the PS4 will benefit greatly when it comes to 1st party games that take full advantage of the PS4's true potential.
    With its ease of use for developers and better specs that on paper put the PS4 on top, would it actually be better for us gamers if the Xbox One was upgraded to match the PS4 specs? So that all games, including 3rd party titles would then make use of all the PS4's power?
    It's not like any developer would make a better version of a game for PS4, there's no way.
    The best can only be as powerful as its weakest link.

On the other hand, it is fun to see competition between the two, but I would like it better if my copy of Assassins Creed 4 could look better on my PS4 if the XBO had been more powerful.

What do you think?
    Do you agree?
    Disagree?
    Do you think this is a stupid topic?
    Do you like peanut butter and jelly as a late night snack?
    Are you excited for knack?
    Nick knack patty wack give a Don an xbone?
    Sha-moane! (Tips hat) He-heeeeee! (Grabs crotch) Ohhhhhhhhh! (Drops mic).....
    Last edited by TEST SUBJECT 83; 07-24-2013 at 00:36.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    I think...

This is in the wrong section.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It wouldnt make any difference, the game is done on PC first then ported down separately to xbox1 and ps4, even if xbox1 was more powerful chances are the ps4 graphics wouldn't see much of an improvement.

Thank you itachi

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    i wish you made less pointless threads

-Be nice.
    Sincerely,
    Sufi
    Last edited by Omar; 07-24-2013 at 04:22.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    I have less than 5 third party titles on my games to get list for PS4 so im ok with it. Im mostly getting PS4 for the first party and indie titles.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    i wish you made less pointless threads
    *sigh*
    I come on here express what I'm thinking and to show my excitement for the upcoming console launch and you just like to piss people off and post things that are completely unnecessary and only said to cause conflict.
    This is not the first time you've posted negative comments to me that are pointless and negative.
    If you don't like something explain why you don't like it, show me some facts and start a debate or even an argument, but neither have to be aggressive or negative.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I really don't have a concern about the X1's power. Multiplats on both consoles will probably look the same. Exclusives are where consoles shine or don't.

My only problem with the X1 is the price and that is because of Kinect.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

8. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    *sigh*
    I come on here express what I'm thinking and to show my excitement for the upcoming console launch and you just like to piss people off and post things that are completely unnecessary and only said to cause conflict.
    This is not the first time you've posted negative comments to me that are pointless and negative.
    If you don't like something explain why you don't like it, show me some facts and start a debate or even an argument, but neither have to be aggressive or negative.
    While I don't know what other threads he said your thread was pointless, I kinda agree on this one.

You ask anybody if they wish a console was more powerful than it currently is......of course the answer is yes. If pretty much everybody is gonna say yes, it's kind of a pointless question. Kinda like asking "Is water wet?".

We can't higher the specs of the Xbox One or the PS4, so what's your point of asking?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    While I don't know what other threads he said your thread was pointless, I kinda agree on this one.

You ask anybody if they wish a console was more powerful than it currently is......of course the answer is yes. If pretty much everybody is gonna say yes, it's kind of a pointless question. Kinda like asking "Is water wet?".

We can't higher the specs of the Xbox One or the PS4, so what's your point of asking?

There's been a rumor that Microsoft might up the ram in the Xbox One to 12GB. (not confirmed...obviously)
    I was just curious on people's thoughts about the difference in power between the Xbox One and the PS4 and if the difference is big how that could effect 3rd party games for the PS4. Meaning that 3rd party games could run better if they were exclusive to the PS4. But if Microsoft does somehow up the ram to 12GB than 3rd party games would look better for everyone.
    So yeah, maybe this is kinda pointless, but so what? I'm just ridiculously excited about this console release. So I'm sharing my thoughts, however random they might be.
    So sorry for boring you, and thanks for telling why you didn't like what I had to say, instead of acting like an ass.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I wouldn't say so.

Plus, I wouldn't worry until we actually see evidence of this for 3rd party titles.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Ultimate Veteran
    third party games will look the same on both on soles

Forum Guru
    It's too early to have proper comparison/wish list thread.
    We have no proper documentation nor can we test consoles properly to find out what exactly are the weak points in practice.
    -------
    Couple of nice blog posts about OpenGL.
    The Truth on OpenGL Driver Quality
    Things that drive me nuts about OpenGL

Forum Elder
    So it seems like the PS4 will benefit greatly when it comes to 1st party games that take full advantage of the PS4's true potential.

What do you think?
    from the 1st party games i've seen so far, I'd be hard pressed to say PS4 has the higher spec. even the game by the PS4 system architect is not something that stands out.

also, thread should be in the V's section.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    from the 1st party games i've seen so far, I'd be hard pressed to say PS4 has the higher spec. even the game by the PS4 system architect is not something that stands out.

Launch games never look that good anyway because they are rushed or the developers don't know how to optimize properly yet, give it a few years

Thank you itachi

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Launch games never look that good anyway because they are rushed or the developers don't know how to optimize properly yet, give it a few years
    There's also the matter of asset creation tools and methods/algorithms improving over the years.
    The difference in tools is huge when you compare ps3 launch and today and so is the quality artists create with them.
    -------
    Couple of nice blog posts about OpenGL.
    The Truth on OpenGL Driver Quality
    Things that drive me nuts about OpenGL

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post

Indeed. It will be just like this generation.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Yes, I wish it was more powerful in all of its system specs. I also wish the PS4 was more powerful. Why? Because then they both could do more. Nothing bad about a better system. As it stands, however, I see no real issue with either consoles capabilities. Both will provide great games, and I will be surprised if all too many 3rd party games are held back by the Xbone (which seriously, I doubt will happen). If it does, well, there are lots of hypotheticals on why it probably wouldn't last long, but that's a topic for another day as I don't feel like writing a book on hypothetical situations
    No matter what, both consoles will provide a great experience.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Indeed. It will be just like this generation.

20. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    *sigh*
    I think the proper answer will be "Lets see if PC downports run equal or better on PS4, then i'll know if there's something to complain about. " I'll then know if MS is shoving money at people to try to get them to limit the output of their PS4 game.

Original Titles should run better on PS4 .

Anything using network resources I can't speak of until I know if SONY has an open compute cloud ready for games to use to handle background world data or if indie developers are going to have to deal with their own cloud compute issues.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Its amusing to sit here watching all the predictions in your sig becoming true. You really called it right. lol

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    third party games will look the same on both on soles
    That's my point, but they will only look as good as the weaker console. 3rd party developers aren't going to make two different version of a game, making one look better than the other.
    So, if Microsoft did up it's ram for the XBO to 12GB of ram, (just a rumor, probably wont happen, I know) then all 3rd party titles would inherently look better on both consoles. Allowing developers to utilize Sony's 7GB or ram since the Xbox One would now have 9GB for games 2 more than Sony, but again, dev's will only make games as powerful as the weaker console.
    This is all based on PS4's better specs actually making a difference, GDDR5 vs. DDR3 or PS4's less consuming operating system allowing developers 2 more Gb's of ram to use on the PS4.
    I was just entertaining this idea and may have worded my first post wrong and sounded confusing in the process.
    Last edited by TEST SUBJECT 83; 07-24-2013 at 19:52.

Dedicated Member
    Yeah, and MOST gamers with a PS3 know that they are getting some of their best games ever THIS YEAR, while alot of XBOX owners are moving on because MS is disposing of their system in November.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Its amusing to sit here watching all the predictions in your sig becoming true. You really called it right. lol
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Yeah, and MOST gamers with a PS3 know that they are getting some of their best games ever THIS YEAR, while alot of XBOX owners are moving on because MS is disposing of their system in November.
    MS has a stellar 7th year line up (last year). Sony has a stellar 7th year line up (this year). Seems neither are showing much for their 8th years respectively.

MS isn't disposing of their system in November. They are continuing to support it for at least 5 more years they said. They just released a new Xbox 360 console last month. Plenty of games and support to come. More than any console right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    on the money again, +rep.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    you may be clueless when it comes to talking console. but if nothing else, you have great taste in music.

Thread Information