Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. #1
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,269
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    4,895 (0 Banked)

    When Should You Shoot A Cop

    I found this video while surfing YouTube and thought it necessary to post. I often-times talk about resisting tyranny and doing it with force if necessary. Far too often, I hear that it's never okay to shoot an officer of the law. That they're just doing their jobs. That if you have nothing to hide, you have no reason to resist. That because these certain laws are laws, that means they're just and rightfully enforceable.

    Guess what, you have every right, to resist by force, ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AGAINST YOU OR YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS, that violates any of yours' or their's inalienable rights. That's what an inalienable right means.

    With this said, here is the video. Please, DO NOT, close this thread.


  2. #2
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,461
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    18,308 (0 Banked)
    I have this theory. People who hate cops the most and see a local police officer as some sort of federal soldier in on some grand conspiracy are typically druggies and criminals looking to justify their own crimes by saying the police are the corrupt ones.

  3. Likes K2D , Lebowski , Admartian wishes they had posted this first.
    Dislikes Morganator is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
  4. #3
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,295
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    30,555 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I have this theory. People who hate cops the most and see a local police officer as some sort of federal soldier in on some grand conspiracy are typically druggies and criminals looking to justify their own crimes by saying the police are the corrupt ones.
    Agree.

    Here (while not so much in the case of what you've described) my experience with those who are anti-cops/authority are usually douchebags who are up top dodgy stuff, and/or lowlives that do 150+ on streets and excessively drink/drive.

  5. #4
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,797
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    21,776 (615,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I have this theory. People who hate cops the most and see a local police officer as some sort of federal soldier in on some grand conspiracy are typically druggies and criminals looking to justify their own crimes by saying the police are the corrupt ones.

    To be fair there are plenty of corrupt cops. Not saying all of them are but they're definitely some bad cops.

    I know plenty of people who don't like cops and they aren't druggies or criminals. I'm not sure about where you live but cops get busted for doing illegal things somewhat often.

  6. #5
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,295
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    30,555 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    To be fair there are plenty of corrupt cops. Not saying all of them are but they're definitely some bad cops.

    I know plenty of people who don't like cops and they aren't druggies or criminals. I'm not sure about where you live but cops get busted for doing illegal things somewhat often.
    Not discounting that, of course. But generally, those who tend to do so (for no good reason) are usually morally/legally corrupt to a degree.

  7. #6
    Forum Guru
    faaeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    .....pss..behind you
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,895
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    10,140 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I have this theory. People who hate cops the most and see a local police officer as some sort of federal soldier in on some grand conspiracy are typically druggies and criminals looking to justify their own crimes by saying the police are the corrupt ones.

    No offence, but you must be white if you think only criminals and druggies have reason to dislike or have distrust for the police...
    Last edited by faaeng; 07-25-2013 at 00:13.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------


  8. #7
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The guy talking in that video is a damn near idiot. He has the concept of not having anyone enforce laws because they are made by a tyrannical government, but earlier says that a perfect world would be cops protecting people from those committing crimes. Well, dumbass, who made those laws? wtf, he's damn ridiculously stupid. Period. First comparing our tyranny to Hitler, and all those others... smh




  9. #8
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,158
    Rep Power
    138
    Points
    436,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'd shot a cop as soon as I would shoot another person. If I felt threatened without initial cause, like me attacking or something.

    Unjustifiably threatened will be my answer.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  10. Likes Morganator, faaeng wishes they had posted this first.
  11. #9
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    I'd shot a cop as soon as I would shoot another person. If I felt threatened without initial cause, like me attacking or something.

    Unjustifiably threatened will be my answer.
    Exactly.




  12. #10
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    29,630 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    No offence, but you must be white if you think only criminals and druggies have reason to dislike or have distrust for the police...
    well i hate to break it to you there einstein but not every white person thinks that way so clearly he doesn't have to be white to think that.



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  13. #11
    Newbie
    Slaystation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    6
    Points
    1,011 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Guess what, you have every right, to resist by force, ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AGAINST YOU OR YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS, that violates any of yours' or their's inalienable rights. That's what an inalienable right means.
    If you see your rights violated, you have every right to claim them on court.
    Not to kill anyone.
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

  14. #12
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    13,753
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    24,995 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That's if you survive to see your court date...meh **** THE PIGS!
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 07-25-2013 at 06:43.

  15. #13
    Forum Elder
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    2,880
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    24,382 (5,000 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I'll Zimm a cop if necessary!


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  16. Likes Morganator wishes they had posted this first.
  17. #14
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,269
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    4,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaystation View Post
    If you see your rights violated, you have every right to claim them on court.
    Not to kill anyone.
    Actually, I have EVERY right to defend my rights by any means necessary if they're being violated. The court system, in large part, won't allow me to claim them. The justice system is heavily skewed towards cops. These are people I do not recognize as having any legitimate authority over me. My inalienable rights mean more to me than the life of any tyrants and any cop that threatens those rights is a tyrant. Tyrants can and should be dealt with by any means necessary.

  18. #15
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    16,648
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    34,267 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Actually, I have EVERY right to defend my rights by any means necessary if they're being violated. The court system, in large part, won't allow me to claim them. The justice system is heavily skewed towards cops. These are people I do not recognize as having any legitimate authority over me. My inalienable rights mean more to me than the life of any tyrants and any cop that threatens those rights is a tyrant. Tyrants can and should be dealt with by any means necessary.
    Are you some sort of vigilante?
    So if your house gets robbed you do not call the cops?
    Will you become The Morganator and don your mask and cape and end all do gooder lives?

    Zimm Zimmer who got the keys to me bimmer.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

  19. Likes -Shafty- wishes they had posted this first.
    Dislikes Morganator is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
  20. #16
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    29,630 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Are you some sort of vigilante?
    So if your house gets robbed you do not call the cops?
    Will you become The Morganator and don your mask and cape and end all do gooder lives?

    Zimm Zimmer who got the keys to me bimmer.
    well I can tell u one thing, if my house is robbed and the guys in there when I get home, or I know who did it, the police are not going to be called. if that makes someone a vigilante then I guess so


    moving on tapatalk



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  21. Likes Morganator wishes they had posted this first.
  22. #17
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Actually, I have EVERY right to defend my rights by any means necessary if they're being violated. The court system, in large part, won't allow me to claim them. The justice system is heavily skewed towards cops. These are people I do not recognize as having any legitimate authority over me. My inalienable rights mean more to me than the life of any tyrants and any cop that threatens those rights is a tyrant. Tyrants can and should be dealt with by any means necessary.
    What laws do you follow? Which laws do you feel violate your inalienable rights?




  23. #18
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,269
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    4,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    What laws do you follow? Which laws do you feel violate your inalienable rights?
    You've no right to ask me the first question unless you're going to arrest and detain me for a legitimate and probable cause. As for the second question. Any laws that require me to pay fees and register for a license to peaceably protest, own a firearm, allow cops to illegally enter my domicile without due process, confiscate my property, etc etc...

  24. #19
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    29,630 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    You've no right to ask me the first question unless you're going to arrest and detain me for a legitimate and probable cause. As for the second question. Any laws that require me to pay fees and register for a license to peaceably protest, own a firearm, allow cops to illegally enter my domicile without due process, confiscate my property, etc etc...
    oh c'mon man fear was just asking which ones you followed. no need to get technical because if you get technical he does have a right to ask and you have a right not to answer unless he's going to arrest and detain you for a legitimate and probable cause(as you stated).



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  25. #20
    Peaceful Warrior
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,949
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    108,991 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Bad cops make good cops look bad. Not all cops are bad and they put their lives on the line every day to protect the general public. We might not always agree with some of their actions, but to throw them all together like that is unfair. And calling them "pigs" or whatever else people do these days to sound "cool" really is just that... to sound cool. It's a popular trend to hate on cops, but that doesn't mean it's based on some statistical truth that most cops are bad. Cops get a lot of unnecessary crap. I don't think Hollywood is helping with their image either.

    This video is pushed in such a biased direction I can't take it seriously. Reminds me of the Zeitgeist video.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

  26. #21
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    You've no right to ask me the first question unless you're going to arrest and detain me for a legitimate and probable cause. As for the second question. Any laws that require me to pay fees and register for a license to peaceably protest, own a firearm, allow cops to illegally enter my domicile without due process, confiscate my property, etc etc...
    That makes no sense. I don't have the right to ask you the first question? lol. What is this, an interrogation? Its like I was asking which console you prefer. Maybe if you asked me what color underwear I like the most, I'll have to pull the constitutionality of that question without probable cause? wtf?

    "Any laws that require.... "

    Can you explain which laws those might be? What law allows cops to illegally enter your domicile without due process? What law is that? You're being extremely broad without any clarification.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Bad cops make good cops look bad. Not all cops are bad and they put their lives on the line every day to protect the general public. We might not always agree with some of their actions, but to throw them all together like that is unfair. And calling them "pigs" or whatever else people do these days to sound "cool" really is just that... to sound cool. It's a popular trend to hate on cops, but that doesn't mean it's based on some statistical truth that most cops are bad. Cops get a lot of unnecessary crap. I don't think Hollywood is helping with their image either.

    This video is pushed in such a biased direction I can't take it seriously. Reminds me of the Zeitgeist video.
    Yes, that's the same premise behind every profession in the world. There are always bad apples. Most people that hate on cops, generally of course, call the cops when they want help. lol




  27. #22
    Peaceful Warrior
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,949
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    108,991 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yes, that's the same premise behind every profession in the world. There are always bad apples. Most people that hate on cops, generally of course, call the cops when they want help. lol
    Yes, exactly.

    It would also be interesting to know how many deaths there would be if there was zero law enforcement... or help of any kind, for that matter. If you spent 5 minutes in a 911 emergency call center, I think you'd realize just how important these guys are. There are over 150 million 911 calls every year. Something to think about.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

  28. #23
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Yes, exactly.

    It would also be interesting to know how many deaths there would be if there was zero law enforcement... or help of any kind, for that matter. If you spent 5 minutes in a 911 emergency call center, I think you'd realize just how important these guys are. There are over 150 million 911 calls every year. Something to think about.
    I've experience that concept so many times over the past 13 years. I've had to defend myself against someone, and then a week later, they call for help when someone is breaking into their moms house. I could go on and on and on about it.




  29. #24
    Peaceful Warrior
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,949
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    108,991 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If there's one thing I would change about law enforcement... it would be to have more cops evenly distributed throughout the town. Because when your house is being broken into... and cops can't get there for 10-15 minutes... you could possibly die. If they could get there in a minute or two... it could mean the difference between life and death.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

  30. #25
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    16,648
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    34,267 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    You've no right to ask me the first question unless you're going to arrest and detain me for a legitimate and probable cause. As for the second question. Any laws that require me to pay fees and register for a license to peaceably protest, own a firearm, allow cops to illegally enter my domicile without due process, confiscate my property, etc etc...
    You have the right to remain silent.

    Please Use it.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.