Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    If there's one thing I would change about law enforcement... it would be to have more cops evenly distributed throughout the town. Because when your house is being broken into... and cops can't get there for 10-15 minutes... you could possibly die. If they could get there in a minute or two... it could mean the difference between life and death.
    Yeah... I mean, more cops = more money costing the cities. I'm all for it. Look, I started in a small city... 2,000 people roughly. I was the only one on duty during day shift. Two on at night. I usually had six, seven, calls backed up. When I get done here, I go there, etc.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah... I mean, more cops = more money costing the cities. I'm all for it. Look, I started in a small city... 2,000 people roughly. I was the only one on duty during day shift. Two on at night. I usually had six, seven, calls backed up. When I get done here, I go there, etc.
    I know money is a big issue... I was stating hypothetically. It would be ideal for the response times to be quicker, but I know currently you just gotta do the best you can with where you are and what you're currently dealing with. This would probably be more feasible in larger cities.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I know money is a big issue... I was stating hypothetically. It would be ideal for the response times to be quicker, but I know currently you just gotta do the best you can with where you are and what you're currently dealing with. This would probably be more feasible in larger cities.
    It's even worse in larger cities. My partner from night shift moved onto a large county agency, and they had seven zones, three per zone. They were backed up more than I ever was. No matter how many people were on duty, the amount of calls always outweighs the coverage there is. That's when it's busy. There are times where I had maybe one or two real calls to go to in a 12hr period. Where I worked for the past 12 years, there were nights where there wasn't a single call. So my shift guys didn't have anything to respond to and we'd just hit the neighborhoods, business checks, stop the random speeder coming through, etc.

Administrator
    It's even worse in larger cities. My partner from night shift moved onto a large county agency, and they had seven zones, three per zone. They were backed up more than I ever was. No matter how many people were on duty, the amount of calls always outweighs the coverage there is. That's when it's busy. There are times where I had maybe one or two real calls to go to in a 12hr period. Where I worked for the past 12 years, there were nights where there wasn't a single call. So my shift guys didn't have anything to respond to and we'd just hit the neighborhoods, business checks, stop the random speeder coming through, etc.
    Good lord, lol. Then maybe there should be a separate squadron JUST for life and death scenarios or something... know what I mean? That sounds like a stressful job, though. lol.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    It's very stressful, but rewarding for the things you do for others. I can go all year at nearly heart attack status with the stress lvl, and then save one life, and it all makes it worth it.

A couple years ago we pulled a kid from the lake that was so messed up, he nearly died. He was skiing and went to far wide and hit the rock bank, and tumbled through the large boulders. His head was so messed up, left eye hanging out of his head, jaw turned nearly sideways, bleeding like a faucet. Me and my partner got him up, held onto him for life, and when the ambulance arrived, it was about a quarter mile they would have to run with the stretcher. Well, these two EMT peeps were way more overweight than I was. So, my partner took my pressure spots, and I ran back for the stretcher and pushed the EMT's on it, and ran as fast as I could while pushing them on the stretcher lol. Life saved. I passed out. Great day that was worth my life.

Administrator
    That's awesome (you know, the saving... not him almost crashing to his imminent doom). Yeah, I can imagine that would make it all worth it.

Forum Sage

That makes no sense. I don't have the right to ask you the first question? lol. What is this, an interrogation? Its like I was asking which console you prefer. Maybe if you asked me what color underwear I like the most, I'll have to pull the constitutionality of that question without probable cause? wtf?

"Any laws that require.... "

Can you explain which laws those might be? What law allows cops to illegally enter your domicile without due process? What law is that? You're being extremely broad without any clarification.
    Are you serious? Have you not been paying attention for the last 12 years? Patriot Act, NDAA, CISPA, all these gun control laws. All these little amendments and clauses piggy-backed into various legislation that give cops and government more and more power over us citizens. The problem is broad. Take your pick.

And no offense. I don't trust you or anyone to ever take what I say in confidence. You wanna know which laws I follow? It'd be easier to list which laws I don't and I can't think of any I actually don't follow... yet. The first law I fully intend to break is the paying of income tax. This is the last peaceful recourse I have left against this government. Protesting doesn't work because the MSM just likes to paint people as hippies and ignore us. Voting doesn't work because the congressmen and women will always vote based on their donor and lobby lists. Sending letters and petitions to my congressmen doesn't work because they'll vote based on their donor and lobby lists. The last thing I have is withholding my money from them and since income taxation is unconstitutional anyway, I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    You have the right to remain silent.

Please Use it.
    You have the right to put me on ignore and permanently exit this thread. Feel free to do both if you don't like my responses.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 07-25-2013 at 23:41.

8. Likes F34R likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    well i hate to break it to you there einstein but not every white person thinks that way so clearly he doesn't have to be white to think that.
    Didn't say every white person thinks that. I did imply he was probably white because he thought that. Big difference.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Are you serious? Have you not been paying attention for the last 12 years? Patriot Act, NDAA, CISPA, all these gun control laws. All these little amendments and clauses piggy-backed into various legislation that give cops and government more and more power over us citizens. The problem is broad. Take your pick.

And no offense. I don't trust you or anyone to ever take what I say in confidence. You wanna know which laws I follow? It'd be easier to list which laws I don't and I can't think of any I actually don't follow... yet. The first law I fully intend to break is the paying of income tax. This is the last peaceful recourse I have left against this government. Protesting doesn't work because the MSM just likes to paint people as hippies and ignore us. Voting doesn't work because the congressmen and women will always vote based on their donor and lobby lists. Sending letters and petitions to my congressmen doesn't work because they'll vote based on their donor and lobby lists. The last thing I have is withholding my money from them and since income taxation is unconstitutional anyway, I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

You have the right to put me on ignore and permanently exit this thread. Feel free to do both if you don't like my responses.
    No offense taken. It's a good reply. Puts a perspective on your stance. Nothing wrong with that for sure.

11. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Forum Sage

No offense taken. It's a good reply. Puts a perspective on your stance. Nothing wrong with that for sure.
    It's not that I'm against law enforcement per se. I just don't see very many acts of kindness or respect from law enforcement. My own brother was subject to a bit of abuse when he was arrested for a noise violation, not read his Miranda rights and held overnight... for a noise violation. (He was in a band and was practicing his drums in the early evening hours. City ordinance hadn't gone into effect.)

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Didn't say every white person thinks that. I did imply he was probably white because he thought that. Big difference.
    you said MUST. must and probably are two different words meaning two different things.
    but ok I can see what u meant and I was just checking

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    It's not that I'm against law enforcement per se. I just don't see very many acts of kindness or respect from law enforcement. My own brother was subject to a bit of abuse when he was arrested for a noise violation, not read his Miranda rights and held overnight... for a noise violation. (He was in a band and was practicing his drums in the early evening hours. City ordinance hadn't gone into effect.)
    Well, Miranda isn't something that HAS to be read to someone when they've been arrested. I used to get that all the time. I arrest someone, take them to jail, and they bring that up in court lol. Usually on the way to the jail they are screaming that I didn't read them their Miranda rights, they'll sue me, etc. Honestly, it's pretty funny.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    I found this video while surfing YouTube and thought it necessary to post. I often-times talk about resisting tyranny and doing it with force if necessary. Far too often, I hear that it's never okay to shoot an officer of the law. That they're just doing their jobs. That if you have nothing to hide, you have no reason to resist. That because these certain laws are laws, that means they're just and rightfully enforceable.

Guess what, you have every right, to resist by force, ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AGAINST YOU OR YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS, that violates any of yours' or their's inalienable rights. That's what an inalienable right means.

With this said, here is the video. Please, DO NOT, close this thread.
    I hate hearing people say that. Same with being spied on. 'If you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about'.

Poppy$#@!.

16. Likes Ixion , Ezekiel likes this post
    Forum Sage

Well, Miranda isn't something that HAS to be read to someone when they've been arrested. I used to get that all the time. I arrest someone, take them to jail, and they bring that up in court lol. Usually on the way to the jail they are screaming that I didn't read them their Miranda rights, they'll sue me, etc. Honestly, it's pretty funny.
    I understand but I do think that it's something that should be read upon arrest. Especially for a serious offense.

Honestly, teaching the constitution should be number one priority for everyone and should be a litmus test to being a citizen.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 07-26-2013 at 03:11.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I understand but I do think that it's something that should be read upon arrest. Especially for a serious offense.

Honestly, teaching the constitution should be number one priority for everyone and should be a litmus test to being a citizen.
    I don't understand why something should be read upon arrest, that doesn't have anything to do with an arrest. It is required to be read for its purpose, and that's all that should be done.

Forum Sage

I don't understand why something should be read upon arrest, that doesn't have anything to do with an arrest. It is required to be read for its purpose, and that's all that should be done.
    Because people are stupid that way. We wouldn't even need Miranda rights if people would educate themselves of their rights.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Because people are stupid that way. We wouldn't even need Miranda rights if people would educate themselves of their rights.
    That's what they should be doing.

Banned

My problem with cops is when they lobby as a group for more and more gun control. Telling me THEY can be armed, but I can't have conceal and carry.

I also hate when they OVERCHARGE you with tons of things and the district attorneys run with it in order to stack the deck against you for conviction on SOMETHING.

What I do like is when a cop uses discretion. Like when a cop sees you smoking a joint and just doesn't bother citing you for it cuz there are bigger crimes to be looking out for.

The ONLY possible way I would consider ever being a cop is if drugs were made legal. Cuz as a cop, I would NEVER arrest someone on drugs. Since my police chief would come down on me for NEVER arresting or citing anybody on drugs, I wouldn't last long in the profession.

Now if you were to STEAL in order to obtain DRUGS.... then I'm gonna arrest you for theft..... but NOT the drugs.

I'm conservative.... but I'm also a libertarian too. So while I believe in laws, I think there should be as little as possible.

I think laws like HATE CRIME LAWS are pointless. A hate crime law doesn't prevent hate crimes. If somebody is willing to KILL somebody because of their RACE, do you really think telling them we are gonna add a 5 or 10 year ENHANCER to a crime that has you facing life in prison or even DEATH.... is gonna DETER that guy from killing someone? NOPE.

In a HATE CRIME, they have to show evidence that you have racism in your past.... (i.e. statements you've made in the past (or at the crime scene), hate groups you may have been a part of, hate websites in your browser history, etc etc). If they can't find it, then the charge can't be made.... or at least proven.

So what message does that law tell people? It doesn't say you can't be racist, it just gives people the message that they should not let those racist views be known outside your own mind if you want to get away with a hate crime. That way you can kill people based on race and say it was for other reasons... and they have no evidence to convict you of a hate crime cuz you VERY SMARTLY kept those views to yourself.

Among other words...HATE CRIME LAWS ARE POINTLESS! They don't deter people doing crime based on hate, it just makes you keep your hate to yourself so you won't be convicted of hate.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    well I can tell u one thing, if my house is robbed and the guys in there when I get home, or I know who did it, the police are not going to be called. if that makes someone a vigilante then I guess so moving on tapatalk
    Oh yeah definitely. All bets are off. I'll call the cops afterwards so they can have the coroner come get the body or bodies. Break into somebody's house here in Texas and you'll be leaving feet first.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    My problem with cops is when they lobby as a group for more and more gun control. Telling me THEY can be armed, but I can't have conceal and carry.

I also hate when they OVERCHARGE you with tons of things and the district attorneys run with it in order to stack the deck against you for conviction on SOMETHING.

What I do like is when a cop uses discretion. Like when a cop sees you smoking a joint and just doesn't bother citing you for it cuz there are bigger crimes to be looking out for.

The ONLY possible way I would consider ever being a cop is if drugs were made legal. Cuz as a cop, I would NEVER arrest someone on drugs. Since my police chief would come down on me for NEVER arresting or citing anybody on drugs, I wouldn't last long in the profession.

Now if you were to STEAL in order to obtain DRUGS.... then I'm gonna arrest you for theft..... but NOT the drugs.

I'm conservative.... but I'm also a libertarian too. So while I believe in laws, I think there should be as little as possible.

I think laws like HATE CRIME LAWS are pointless. A hate crime law doesn't prevent hate crimes. If somebody is willing to KILL somebody because of their RACE, do you really think telling them we are gonna add a 5 or 10 year ENHANCER to a crime that has you facing life in prison or even DEATH.... is gonna DETER that guy from killing someone? NOPE.

In a HATE CRIME, they have to show evidence that you have racism in your past.... (i.e. statements you've made in the past (or at the crime scene), hate groups you may have been a part of, hate websites in your browser history, etc etc). If they can't find it, then the charge can't be made.... or at least proven.

So what message does that law tell people? It doesn't say you can't be racist, it just gives people the message that they should not let those racist views be known outside your own mind if you want to get away with a hate crime. That way you can kill people based on race and say it was for other reasons... and they have no evidence to convict you of a hate crime cuz you VERY SMARTLY kept those views to yourself.

Among other words...HATE CRIME LAWS ARE POINTLESS! They don't deter people doing crime based on hate, it just makes you keep your hate to yourself so you won't be convicted of hate.
    I doubt there is any law that prevents or deters people from committing those crimes. If someone wants to commit a crime, they do it. It's not like people sort through the law books to ponder whether they should do it or not based on the laws lol.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRGgTm7npVI

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Side note. Is it Legal in the States to defend your house and family, using force, on an intruder if they break into your house?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    Side note. Is it Legal in the States to defend your house and family, using force, on an intruder if they break into your house?
    Yes.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Yes.
    Wow, in New Zealand it's usually the home owner who gets in trouble first.

Administrator
    You can kill someone if they break into your home and you feel they are a threat to you or your family... which is why it's really stupid for people to break into homes here... but since people are apparently that stupid because it happens all the time... it's even dumber not to own a gun.

Thread Information