Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    (About Avatars) Is it safe to say...?

    Is it safe to say we will be able to do something similar to what you can do on steam, and post relatively any picture you want as your profile picture/avatar?

    Attachment 5142

    Considering i believe i heard you can link your facebook profile (or something like that) to your ps4 and therefore put that picture there, is it safe to say we can create a profile, put any picture we want, and then transfer that to our ps4 so that we can put any picture we want, or am i missing something here?

  2. #2
    Elite Member
    D3seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Severn, Maryland
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Power
    60
    Items PS3 Slim
    I would hope so. There certainly shouldn't be any hardware constraints user side, so if anything yes.

  3. #3
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,291
    Rep Power
    82
    I'd assume so as long as it's not deemed offensive. I'm sure there will be a report abuse items on there, so no pictures of you giving your girlfriend a Dirty Sanchez or anything.



  4. #4
    Forum Overseer
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    39,545
    Rep Power
    250
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I hope so. I'll be happy to have some custom designed av's available.




  5. #5
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    22
    Posts
    13,083
    Rep Power
    107
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Man I would love custom avys.

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  6. #6
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,833
    Rep Power
    76
    I'd be surprised if you couldn't. Then again, I was thinking the same thing about the PS3 so who knows..

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    XtraTrstrL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Posts
    324
    Rep Power
    22
    In their demos and stuff, whenever it showed a friend's avatar pop up, they were usually using their actual pics. So, I'd say they are allowing custom avatars. I hope I can finally use my Piccolo avatar.

  8. #8
    Superior Member
    Libra-75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Posts
    666
    Rep Power
    18
    I just hope they don't force you to use Facebook or such to be able to add your own pictures as avatars. It should be as simple as adding the picture directly from your PS4 HDD, IMO.

  9. #9
    Apprentice
    XtraTrstrL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Posts
    324
    Rep Power
    22
    Or from your media server, how you can stream or upload stuff from your PC to your PS3 now.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,753
    Rep Power
    81
    They would be dropping out the Avatars out of the PSN Store, so I'm not so confident they'll do it but I hope they do let us put up our own pictures.


  11. #11
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,491
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchis View Post
    Is it safe to say we will be able to do something similar to what you can do on steam, and post relatively any picture you want as your profile picture/avatar?

    Attachment 5142

    Considering i believe i heard you can link your facebook profile (or something like that) to your ps4 and therefore put that picture there, is it safe to say we can create a profile, put any picture we want, and then transfer that to our ps4 so that we can put any picture we want, or am i missing something here?
    Well i'd imagine they would add that. I mean, if we can link a fb profile why couldn't we put the damn picture the way we want it without linking one ya know? That being said, like taz mentioned Im sure they'll let us do what we want, but there will be some censorship against dirty pics names etc.



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  12. #12
    Forum Elder
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    78
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Might be like how names and PSN-ID's work on PS4. You get a library to choose from that goes together with you're PSN-ID and then you can choose whatever you to show towards IRL/face friends.





  13. #13
    Superior Member
    mini E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Age
    22
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    70
    I believe each psn id will actually have two avatars. The main being similar to how it is today, and the other is a personal pic. I have to remember where I got that info though...

    PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

    If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

  14. #14
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,491
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by mini E View Post
    I believe each psn id will actually have two avatars. The main being similar to how it is today, and the other is a personal pic. I have to remember where I got that info though...
    yea post that article I wanna see it. Haven't read that one must've missed it. That'd be cool for two avatars though if its true



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  15. #15
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    15,127
    Rep Power
    158
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Custom avatars would be great but it would likely get out of hand with the offensive material. Not to mention if you have custom avatars you are putting yourself at a disadvantage because you likely will not sell any avatars. Why would someone pay for something when they can make it themselves.


  16. #16
    Superior Member
    Libra-75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Posts
    666
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Custom avatars would be great but it would likely get out of hand with the offensive material. Not to mention if you have custom avatars you are putting yourself at a disadvantage because you likely will not sell any avatars. Why would someone pay for something when they can make it themselves.
    I haven't payed for avatars this gen, and I really don't think I will next gen either. I use the free ones or the ones I get when buying a game. Right now I have Joel (The Last of Us) as my avatar, which I got when I preordered the game.

  17. #17
    Master Guru
    Wrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,462
    Rep Power
    103
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Man I would love custom avys.
    The Design Corner would probably get flooded with user requests (me included)!



  18. #18
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    15,127
    Rep Power
    158
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    I haven't payed for avatars this gen, and I really don't think I will next gen either. I use the free ones or the ones I get when buying a game. Right now I have Joel (The Last of Us) as my avatar, which I got when I preordered the game.
    I know not many people do. I brought one. But it does take away some revenue regardless of how small it is. I would love to see them but Sony would only lose by doing this. They would have to police the images for obscene material and they are taking a small hit by doing it. Just wouldn't make any sense from a business standpoint since they already charge for some avatars.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.