Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: The PS4 XMB?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Super Elite
    nextgen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,111
    Rep Power
    80

    The PS4 XMB?

    I was thinking as the PS4 XMB wont be the same as the PS3 but will it be customizable? considering this is the PS4 Menu below that we might be getting im not to sure im liking it but might need to get use to. I think its bit boxy windows 8 like, looks like there will be a profile where you click an its bringing tones of things up all at once rather than just the small profile we get on PS3! are they done with Avatars!! will we get to change backround!! will we have a theme's!!

    PS4 Interface!



    Tablet PS Interface!


    Sony Mobile PS user Interface! App showcased.



    Still hoping Sony show it in full at Gamescom because this is not that explainable how you navigate around the Interface! I just hope it will be as good as it looks.

  2. #2
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,876
    Rep Power
    133
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    The time seems to be missing form the PS4 layout.

  3. #3
    Super Elite
    nextgen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,111
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    The time seems to be missing form the PS4 layout.
    I think it will pop up when u press the PS button along with the Controller battery amount!

  4. #4
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Posts
    15,041
    Rep Power
    122
    Items User name style
    meh i like it, its something new, and like the ps3's xmb it will evolve! this time around, it looks even more customization

    Sigh...customizable! I hate my note2 sometimes
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 07-25-2013 at 04:22.

  5. #5
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,491
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    meh i like it, its something new, and like the ps3's xmb it will evolve! this time around, it looks even more customization
    I agree. I think it WILL evolve just like the ps3's did. But honestly, themes? With all the things Sony has done right we're debating about THEMES????? lol. That being said, I would imagine they will add some sort of customizable features to the ps4's xmb right from the get go. IMO anyways.



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  6. #6
    Super Elite
    nextgen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,111
    Rep Power
    80
    From what im seeing it looks like a FB/twitter picture & real name with a PSName an Avater on there. I hope some how using your real name on there is safe!!

  7. #7
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,305
    Rep Power
    171
    Looks good to me. And as already mentioned it will evolve over the course of the generation.

  8. #8
    Apprentice
    XtraTrstrL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Posts
    324
    Rep Power
    22
    Depending on how flexibly customizable it is, the themes could end up being very very cool and unique from each other.

  9. #9
    PSU Editor-in-chief
    KyleOnTheRun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Posts
    3,608
    Rep Power
    37
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    I think it really depends on what the front menu is--the very first thing you see when you turn on the console. Everything they've been showing so far seems at least one or two menu options deep.

    Wouldn't be surprised if they kept the startup noise/screen and the very first menu a surprise until launch day, actually. I kinda prefer that mystery and elation when I see it for the first time.

  10. #10
    Superior Member
    mini E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Age
    22
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    I think it really depends on what the front menu is--the very first thing you see when you turn on the console. Everything they've been showing so far seems at least one or two menu options deep.

    Wouldn't be surprised if they kept the startup noise/screen and the very first menu a surprise until launch day, actually. I kinda prefer that mystery and elation when I see it for the first time.
    The default screen is the "what's new" screen with all of the feeds

    PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

    If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

  11. #11
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,753
    Rep Power
    81
    First of all, this won't be XMB since the design isn't that of a cross media bar. But I think tile customization will be available so no worries.


  12. #12
    Wibbly Wobbly
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,440
    Rep Power
    139
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I don't think it looks much like Windows 8. To me it looks more like G+.

    I do hope it's fairly customiseable.
    Be Together - Not the same.



  13. #13
    Newbie
    DaGrandMastah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    PSN ID
    DaGrandMastah
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    0
    Can't wait to fully see this in motion. I hated that video they put out a while back. Looking forward to Gamescom....hopefully we'll see more there.

  14. #14
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,491
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGrandMastah View Post
    Can't wait to fully see this in motion. I hated that video they put out a while back. Looking forward to Gamescom....hopefully we'll see more there.
    you referring to the vid with the 2 guys, girl, and killzone SF?



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  15. #15
    Wibbly Wobbly
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,440
    Rep Power
    139
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    you referring to the vid with the 2 guys, girl, and killzone SF?
    how could anyone not like the girl...

    errr i mean knakc/kz shadowfall.
    Be Together - Not the same.



  16. #16
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,491
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    how could anyone not like the girl...

    errr i mean knakc/kz shadowfall.
    lol. I thought it was kinda cute when she declined the clan and said $#@! join mine



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  17. #17
    Newbie
    barbrady88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cymru
    PSN ID
    barbrady88
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    i really hope its fully customizable with how the main page will look, i quite like the PS3's subtle XMB everything was easy to find

  18. #18
    Forum Elder
    Nakatomi Uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Uk
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,996
    Rep Power
    64
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I'd rather wait till I get on own console I like it when I first power it up and see the power up screen like PS1 and PS2 and the original PS3


    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
    Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1 F8
    INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz (Stock)
    Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB 1866mhz DDR3 (1600mhz@1.60v)
    OS Storage: Crucial 128GB M4 SSD
    Spare Storage: SanDisk 128GB SSD, WD 1TB Blue 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up)
    HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card
    OCZ Fatality 750w Modular PSU

  19. #19
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I don't think it looks much like Windows 8. To me it looks more like G+.

    I do hope it's fairly customiseable.
    G+? Is that Google+?

    I think it looks great. They are advertising more games and movies and such, in your face so that you can see the content available to us gamers. I love that. It is about 100 times better looking "visually" than the XMB. Now we will see on our own how it is when actually using it, but I think it will rock.

  20. #20
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,491
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    G+? Is that Google+?

    I think it looks great. They are advertising more games and movies and such, in your face so that you can see the content available to us gamers. I love that. It is about 100 times better looking "visually" than the XMB. Now we will see on our own how it is when actually using it, but I think it will rock.
    Yea I agree I like the content being right there that I like. But the flip side of that is I'm going to be broke a lot lol. Damn you Sony



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  21. #21
    Superior Member
    Libra-75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Posts
    670
    Rep Power
    18
    Personally I would prefer if they didn't use the UI as advertisement space at all. I want it as clean and straight forward as possible, as few steps as possible to get where you want to go, IMO. Keep the advertisement in PSS, that's how I prefer it.

  22. #22
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    Personally I would prefer if they didn't use the UI as advertisement space at all. I want it as clean and straight forward as possible, as few steps as possible to get where you want to go, IMO. Keep the advertisement in PSS, that's how I prefer it.
    How about optional? Clean for you and in your face for those who want that?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

  23. #23
    Superior Member
    Libra-75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Posts
    670
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    How about optional? Clean for you and in your face for those who want that?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, that would be the best solution.

  24. #24
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,027
    Rep Power
    200
    Why do I get the feeling like ya'll motherfuckers are gonna be all up on my Facebook? :P Not that I mind.

    The surest sign that you are on the right side of a debate is when you find yourself against those who are stuck in the past because they have no future.

  25. #25
    Dedicated Member
    Gantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Posts
    1,167
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    From what im seeing it looks like a FB/twitter picture & real name with a PSName an Avater on there. I hope some how using your real name on there is safe!!
    They said you don't have to have your real name visible if you don't want it to be

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

    Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.