Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63

Thread: New Proud Owner

  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,030
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    40,526 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    New Proud Owner

    I am now a new owner of a VITA!

    Bought it yesterday after work with a (expensive as $#@!!) 32gb memory card. Played around last night and download Ninja Gaiden+ and transferred the free PS+ games from my PS3. Kinda gutted I missed out on Rayman Origins though.

    Though I couldn't transfer the Thomas Was Alone I got on PS3 (unless there's a separate Vita version?).

    Now show me the games!

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  2. Likes TidalPhoenix , Shingo , Kauldron likes this post
  3. #2
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,109
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,246 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awesome! Congrats. You'll love it.




  4. #3
    Master Poster
    TheBreezyBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,475
    Rep Power
    84
    Points
    18,170 (0 Banked)
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy your new toy




  5. #4
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Congratulations! You got it just in time for Killzone Mercenaries.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  6. #5
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    110,787 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Get, Persona 4: Golden

    Get, Persona 4: Golden

    Get, Persona 4: Golden

    Get, Persona 4: Golden

    Get Persona 4: Golden dammit!!







  7. #6
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,030
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    40,526 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Get, Persona 4: Golden

    Get, Persona 4: Golden

    Get, Persona 4: Golden

    Get, Persona 4: Golden

    Get Persona 4: Golden dammit!!
    lol yeah funny you mention that.

    I've got some mates in the US/Canada for a trip, and I've told them to look out for it specifically (and any other cheaper PS3/Vita games; as they're quote the bargain in some places over there).

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  8. #7
    Newbie
    Slaystation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    1,213 (0 Banked)
    Hi there! I also just got a new vita, only some hours ago. ...for me it's my first console after about 13 years (ps1 back then...). B)

    I just signed up for PS Plus and am downloading Uncharted:GA right now, with Unit 13 in my waiting list.
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

  9. Likes John25 likes this post
  10. #8
    PSU Editor-in-chief
    KyleOnTheRun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Posts
    3,602
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    35,645 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Grats on your purchase, this really is the summer of Vita. SO many good indie/downloadable titles. Play Hotline Miami (AMAZING game), Guacamelee, Thomas was Alone, Velocity Ultra, and (in a week) Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD, just for starters.

    And yeah, Thomas Was Alone has a separate Vita version. You should be able to find it on the Store though, I'm pretty sure it's Cross-Buy.

    Otherwise, Persona 4 Golden is the single-best game on Vita and the best JRPG I've ever played. Only $19.99 on PSN right now! Put that 32 GB card to use!

    Persona 3 Portable (from PSP) is only $9.99 on sale.

    Other favorites:

    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    Lumines: Electronic Symphony
    Super Stardust Delta
    Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (better on PS3, of course)
    PS All-Stars

    So many more, the digital marketplace is brimming with cheaper titles and there will only be more in the coming months as Shahid Ahmad struts his stuff.

  11. #9
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,030
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    40,526 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaystation View Post
    Hi there! I also just got a new vita, only some hours ago. ...for me it's my first console after about 13 years (ps1 back then...). B)

    I just signed up for PS Plus and am downloading Uncharted:GA right now, with Unit 13 in my waiting list.
    Congrats fellow pruchaser.

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    Grats on your purchase, this really is the summer of Vita. SO many good indie/downloadable titles. Play Hotline Miami (AMAZING game), Guacamelee, Thomas was Alone, Velocity Ultra, and (in a week) Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD, just for starters.

    And yeah, Thomas Was Alone has a separate Vita version. You should be able to find it on the Store though, I'm pretty sure it's Cross-Buy.

    Otherwise, Persona 4 Golden is the single-best game on Vita and the best JRPG I've ever played. Only $19.99 on PSN right now! Put that 32 GB card to use!

    Persona 3 Portable (from PSP) is only $9.99 on sale.

    Other favorites:

    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    Lumines: Electronic Symphony
    Super Stardust Delta
    Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (better on PS3, of course)
    PS All-Stars

    So many more, the digital marketplace is brimming with cheaper titles and there will only be more in the coming months as Shahid Ahmad struts his stuff.
    Only $20 eh? I have a US account, if I download the US version (I suppose any out-of-version) of P4G on my PS3, would I be able to transfer that to my Vita?

    Mind you I have my NZ account on my Vita right now.


    EDIT:

    Ok so I've added a few things (from my US PSN account) to the cart - a couple of PSP games, Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Patapon 2, and some cross-buy games.

    I want to pull the trigger, but want to make sure that the games (those listed as have "Playable on: PSP" only) will work. Have heard that this should be fine so long as you dl it to your PS3 then transfer it to your Vita.
    Last edited by Admartian; 07-24-2013 at 23:06.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  12. #10
    Super Elite
    Forcedme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,399
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    6,691 (0 Banked)
    The real show-stopper is Gravity Daze and Little Big Planet Vita.

    GD starts small, and slow, but as the game unfolds it just continues to astound with its orginality and little touches. It's great either as a first introduction to Vita or last hurrah while waiting for new releases.

    LBP is just easily the best LBP game, period, and blows 1 and 2 out of the water. It's also the smallest, but there's more fun and speed crammed into that one game than the other two LBP games combined.

    Everything else is preference, of course. I really liked Soul Sacrifice, but it's best played with others, and I missed Stranger's Wrath on Xbox but downloaded the HD version for Vita--and it's awesome.

    And of course Killzone is right around the corner.

  13. #11
    PSU Editor-in-chief
    KyleOnTheRun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Posts
    3,602
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    35,645 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Mind you I have my NZ account on my Vita right now.


    EDIT:

    Ok so I've added a few things (from my US PSN account) to the cart - a couple of PSP games, Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Patapon 2, and some cross-buy games.

    I want to pull the trigger, but want to make sure that the games (those listed as have "Playable on: PSP" only) will work. Have heard that this should be fine so long as you dl it to your PS3 then transfer it to your Vita.
    Those games will NOT work on your Vita unless you reformat the Memory Card, which will erase everything on it. I'm pretty sure you can back up to your PS3 if there's anything on there you want to keep, but you'll have to be switching back and forth all the time, so hopefully you're OK with just using your US account. Or whichever has the games you want.

    Other solution? Get a second (much smaller memory card) for whatever account you'll be using less, if you get what I'm saying.

  14. Likes Admartian likes this post
  15. #12
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,030
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    40,526 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    Those games will NOT work on your Vita unless you reformat the Memory Card, which will erase everything on it. I'm pretty sure you can back up to your PS3 if there's anything on there you want to keep, but you'll have to be switching back and forth all the time, so hopefully you're OK with just using your US account. Or whichever has the games you want.

    Other solution? Get a second (much smaller memory card) for whatever account you'll be using less, if you get what I'm saying.
    Yikes. Dang. Games are cheaper on there too.
    Oh well.


    Thanks anyway.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  16. #13
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I am now a new owner of a VITA!

    Bought it yesterday after work with a (expensive as $#@!!) 32gb memory card. Played around last night and download Ninja Gaiden+ and transferred the free PS+ games from my PS3. Kinda gutted I missed out on Rayman Origins though.

    Though I couldn't transfer the Thomas Was Alone I got on PS3 (unless there's a separate Vita version?).

    Now show me the games!
    congrats on the purchase bro. Now I bet you're excited when you get that ps4. The match made in heaven



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  17. #14
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,030
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    40,526 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    NEW QUESTION:
    If I have transferred PS+ redeemed games from my NZ account, from my PS3 to my Vita, then I transfer those back to my PS3; switch to my US PSN account - will I be able to transfer them back?

    Cos if so, I might use my Vita as my US account machine.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  18. #15
    PSU Editor-in-chief
    KyleOnTheRun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Posts
    3,602
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    35,645 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    NEW QUESTION:
    If I have transferred PS+ redeemed games from my NZ account, from my PS3 to my Vita, then I transfer those back to my PS3; switch to my US PSN account - will I be able to transfer them back?

    Cos if so, I might use my Vita as my US account machine.
    Sorry The Vita's login info has to match whatever PS3 account you're trying to sync data with; in this case, your NZ account (it verifies this simply by making sure you're signed-in online when transferring).

    What games in particular are you looking at keeping? Depending on your finances, I think a 4 or 8 GB memory card for the account that you're going to use less (NZ?) would be worth it. Making the 32 GB your main one (US?).

  19. #16
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,030
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    40,526 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    Sorry The Vita's login info has to match whatever PS3 account you're trying to sync data with; in this case, your NZ account (it verifies this simply by making sure you're signed-in online when transferring).

    What games in particular are you looking at keeping? Depending on your finances, I think a 4 or 8 GB memory card for the account that you're going to use less (NZ?) would be worth it. Making the 32 GB your main one (US?).
    DAMN YOU PSN - WHY MUST YOU HATE ME!!!!


    I have Uncharted GA, Sine Mora, Unit 13, Gravity Rush and NG2+. I guess I can play em and get rid of em once I'm done? But then no more freebies from PS+. Though I do get the cheaper prices at the US PSN store.

    PLus got Soul Sacrifice free from EB Games. Though retail-bought games should be fine as they're region free anyway (I would hope) so I can just plug and play that whenever.

    Whoops, talking to myself again online.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  20. #17
    Super Elite
    Sir_Scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Posts
    2,072
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    10,718 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Yup I just finally picked up Persona 4. When I saw it for $20, no hesitation. Enjoy ad, it's a pretty awesome device.


  21. Likes KyleOnTheRun likes this post
  22. #18
    Super Elite
    FireSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Posts
    2,238
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    10,626 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    im also on board!!
    great device, but after i have bought Persona i was sad, because i bought box version, and it was empty, only the game and nothing more (((

  23. #19
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Grats, ad. :]
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  24. #20
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,785
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    68,344 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yep that's really the only downside to it, you can't account hop like on PS3, and I'm pretty sure they updated it so you can't just switch memory cards anymore wither, if you insert a different card with a different PSN account, you need to reset the Vita to factory settings AND format the card. You could just backup the card on your PS3 though then move it back I guess, saves you redownloading everything. You can't earn the trophies on your main account though.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  25. #21
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,348
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,198 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I'm jealous.

    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  26. #22
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,666
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    3,751 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yep that's really the only downside to it, you can't account hop like on PS3, and I'm pretty sure they updated it so you can't just switch memory cards anymore wither, if you insert a different card with a different PSN account, you need to reset the Vita to factory settings AND format the card. You could just backup the card on your PS3 though then move it back I guess, saves you redownloading everything. You can't earn the trophies on your main account though.

    This^

    They really need to drop the price of the Memory cards (over 2 quid per GB is way too much) & make a 64gb version at least

  27. #23
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,785
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    68,344 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hopefully at gamescom they announce a 64GB and drop the prices of all current ones. Hopefully it at least gets 10 minutes of showtime because E3 was appalling for Vita showings.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  28. Likes TheBreezyBB , The Black Wolf, Fon likes this post
  29. #24
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    110,787 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Hopefully at gamescom they announce a 64GB and drop the prices of all current ones. Hopefully it at least gets 10 minutes of showtime because E3 was appalling for Vita showings.
    They need a price drop. Like desperately need one!

    and games of course.







  30. #25
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,785
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    68,344 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    At this point I'd say they need more retail releases than anything. People aren't gonna buy the system for indie/PSN only titles, they're gonna walk into a store and decide based on whats on the shelves, and since there hasn't been any noteworthy additions for months its struggling.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.