Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    The BR player was necessary for the disc based games and provided extra storage. Kinect is an uneccessary peripheral add on.
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Can't wait until ms segregates the user base again when they sell a Kinect less xbjuan... Atleast one sticks to what they believe unlike the flip flopping ms has been doing

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    LOL, you cant be seriously pointing to Sony as a company that sticks to what they believe in?

The BR player was necessary for the disc based games and provided extra storage. Kinect is an unnecessary peripheral add on.
    You know that's bollocks. All it added for a gamer was slow load times and mandatory installs.

Kinect at least has game play features. I'm not a huge fan of Kinect, but it at least will make an impact on someone out there. My kids for one will certainly use it, if its as good as they say it is. They still use Kinect despite it frustrating flailing.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-25-2013 at 23:21.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    LOL, you cant be seriously pointing to Sony as a company that sticks to what they believe in? You know that's bollocks. All it added for a gamer was slow load times and mandatory installs. Kinect at least has gameplay features. I not a huge fan of Kinect, but it at leats will make an impact on someone out there.
    LMAO! Oh really? BR didnt provide storage? Is that why certain games were multi-disc on 360 and on a single disc on PS3? GTFO.

Soldier 95B
    LOL, you cant be seriously pointing to Sony as a company that sticks to what they believe in?

You know that's bollocks. All it added for a gamer was slow load times and mandatory installs.

Kinect at least has game play features. I'm not a huge fan of Kinect, but it at least will make an impact on someone out there. My kids for one will certainly use it, if its as good as they say it is. They still use Kinect despite it frustrating flailing.
    + rep nailed it.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Oh really? BR didnt provide storage? Is that why certain games were multi-disc on 360 and on a single disc on PS3? GTFO.
    You could still play them. What exactly did BR provide? The ability to not interrupt you for 30 seconds every 5 hours?

I would gladly have taken BR as an option had it been faster, but there a reasons you will never see a PS3 without some form of storage. Because the BR was incapable at the time of doing the job by itself.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You could still play them. What exactly did BR provide? The ability to not interrupt you for 30 seconds every 5 hours? I would gladly have taken BR as an option had it been faster, but there a reasons you will never see a PS3 without some form of storage. Because the BR was incapable at the time of doing the job by itself.
    So now you admit that it did provide storage. Glad we cleared that up. And I'd rather have a partial install then be immersed in a game only to be interrupted by please insert disc two and have to swap discs around. lol

Soldier 95B
    You could still play them. What exactly did BR provide? The ability to not interrupt you for 30 seconds every 5 hours?

I would gladly have taken BR as an option had it been faster, but there a reasons you will never see a PS3 without some form of storage. Because the BR was incapable at the time of doing the job by itself.
    Good call. I would take a $200 savings to have a couple multi disk games that require a single disk swap. Waiting forever for mandatory game installs on the PS3 and filling up the HDD space was pretty sad.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    So now you admit that it did provide storage. Glad we cleared that up. And I'd rather have a partial install then be immersed in a game only to be interrupted by please insert disc two and have to swap discs around. lol
    So would have I, but not at the price tag, and not at the expense of having to manage my hard drive space. (I'm referring to launch, obviously).
    Its storage could be emulated it other-ways, and it certainly was not worth the $200 and HDD management headache it bought with it.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Forcing a $200 unwanted bluray worked for Sony. Each company is taking gambles.

Yet there was a certain gaming related benefit for gamers with blu-ray. "Nobody" wants kinect

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    So would have I, but not at the price tag, and not at the expense of having to manage my hard drive space. (I'm referring to launch, obviously). Its storage could be emulated it other-ways, and it certainly was not worth the $200 and HDD management headache it bought with it.
    Which brings me back to my point about price. Sony overpricing their console to include BR is not ok but MS overpricing XBone to include mandatory Kinect is? Gotcha.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Which brings me back to my point about price. Sony overpricing their console to include BR is not ok but MS overpricing XBone to include mandatory Kinect is? Gotcha.
    Who said it was a bad thing, all we said was that you are charged for these things, if you see value you will buy it (I didn't see value in the BR at all).
    I can say, that Kinect would at least be used extensively in our house (not by me).

Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Yet there was a certain gaming related benefit for gamers with blu-ray. "Nobody" wants kinect
    I think we have proven that there was a lot of negatives outside of the price of Blu-ray. It had an impact on games and they weren't all positive.

I'm failing to see how having Kinect impact on load times, mandatory installs etc etc.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-25-2013 at 23:46.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Who said it was a bad thing, all we said was that you are charged for these things, if you see value you will buy it (I didn't see value in the BR at all). I can say, that Kinect would at least be used extensively in our house (not by me). I think we have proven that there was a lot of negatives outside of the price of Blu-ray. It had an impact on games and they weren't all positive.
    And they werent all negative either like you implied in your first post when you said "ALL it provided for a gamer was......"
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-25-2013 at 23:51.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    And they werent all negative either like you implied in your first post when you said "ALL it provided for a gamer was......"
    True, it provided the banishment of "please insert disc 2" for about 5% of games published.

Of the other 97%. It provided nothing.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    True, it provided the banishment of "please insert disc 2" for about 5% of games published. Of the other 97%. It provided nothing.
    Yep well not all PS3 games required installs either. But my point was which one I would rather deal with.

Administrator
    True, it provided the banishment of "please insert disc 2" for about 5% of games published.

Of the other 97%. It provided nothing.
    I would say that's largely in part to multi-plat games needing to fit onto 360 discs. 1st party devs could do as they pleased.

16. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    First party larger games on the 360 end up going with a mandatory second disk install so there was no disk swap. But that filled up hard drives like the PS3 does. Forza 4 and Halo 4 as examples.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I would say that's largely in part to multi-plat games needing to fit onto 360 discs. 1st party devs could do as they pleased.
    Not all true, most games get no where near the limit of the discs on the 360.
    There was no extra cost to going to a second disc if they wanted to and most did if they needed.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yep well not all PS3 games required installs either. But my point was which one I would rather deal with.
    They have been less and less lately from what I have seen. Most games have a file no larger than 100 mb. Definitely want the case a few years ago.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Sage
    Forcing a $200 unwanted bluray worked for Sony. Each company is taking gambles.

...maybe unwanted for you. I definitely wanted it.

21. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    And that's the crux of the issue, its all about perceived value.

If people perceive value, they will accept a price point/offering.

Just because you don't see value in it, a company isnt going to change its policy, as long as others perceive value in a product, it will sell.

If no one perceives value in it, except F34R, we call that the Wii U.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-26-2013 at 00:20.

23. Likes Yungstar 2006, Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    stupid dble post

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Exactly. Not everyone wanted it, needed it or should have had to pay for it....just like with Kinect 2.0.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    They have been less and less lately from what I have seen. Most games have a file no larger than 100 mb. Definitely want the case a few years ago.
    Yeah I've been noticing that too.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Good call. I would take a $200 savings to have a couple multi disk games that require a single disk swap. Waiting forever for mandatory game installs on the PS3 and filling up the HDD space was pretty sad. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Lol

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    And that's the crux of the issue, its all about perceived value.

If people perceive value, they will accept a price point/offering.

Just because you don't see value in it, a company isnt going to change its policy, as long as others perceive value in a product, it will sell.

If no one perceives value in it, except F34R, we call that the Wii U.
    Perceived value, that's the thing though.
    On one hand, you've got a HD Blu-ray player, which early adopters at the time really wanted. If you in addition were a HiFi fanatic, the PS3 was a coup those first years.

And on the other hand, you have kinect, which I fear early adopters were finished with with the 360.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

29. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Thread Information