Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

9 free PS4 games to play

http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...ree-ps4-games/ Theres some pretty nice games on that list.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialPlaystationMagazineUK
    Warframe
    Warframe is a quick, frantic co-op shooter with an impressive list of some 11 mission types for you and your friends to complete – everything from assassinations to horde style modes. It’s third person with characters slinking around the environment with impressive manoeuvring abilities and you’ve got superpowers. It’s gorgeous looking, with more lens flare than you could chuck a JJ Abrams model Enterprise at. The game’s features are all included for free and you can buy stuff, but micro transactions let you avoid the grind by buying supplies, weapons and the eponymous warframes - armor with a range of abilities an customisation options. There’s no release date yet, but we’re expecting it on PS4 some time in 2014.

Planetside 2 This is a massively multiplayer game. Planetside 2 features huge battles between hundreds – sometimes even thousands – of players on foot, on land and in the air. It’s faster paced than the original, released a decade ago now, and features a whole suite of player customisation options, with weapon and skill improvements pushing you to seriously invest in your characters. It’s completely free on the PS4 with most of the stuff you can buy convinced based – enhanced XP, extra supplies etc, rather than just better weapons. It’s coming to the system late 2013/early 2014.

DC Universe Online
    DC Universe Online is like a comic book fan’s dream that’s coming to PS4 in 2014, for free. It’s an MMORPG where you can play as the hero or the villain, customizing your avatar into whatever symbol you want – whether it be good or bad. You’re then free to explore Gotham and Metropolis, fighting off evil – or good – and completing quests and random events, along with the guidance of your chosen iconic mentor. The payment model sees you access a large chunk of the game for free, with more, higher level stuff available as you invest if you want. The game received a mostly positive reception on PS3, so here’s hoping for even greater things on next-gen.

War Thunder
    Combat flight simulators aren’t all that common anymore, but War Thunder is coming to PS4 as a free to play massively multiplayer game. It features a huge list of authentic planes, and battlefields that are close replicas of era-specific conflicts. It also adds in a neat mechanic that has you choosing entire nations for battle rather than a single plane, and as you increase your roster of planes for that nation, you’ll end up with more lives in each different plane. As with all good flight sims, it’s deadly tough when you get into the meat of it, and it’s due on PS4 later in 2013.

Blacklight: Retribution
    Blacklight Retributrion is a free-to-play multiplayer first person shooter. It’s pretty familiar on the surface – it has a silly name, it’s set in a science fiction setting and has an array of standard game modes, but unique touches like the HRV – High Reality Visor – gives you momentary abilities like spotting mines and seeing weaknesses in walls. There’s also a really deep weapon customisation mode for hours of gun tinkering. The various gun bits and pieces can be bought by grinding through the in-game money (takes ages) or bought for a couple of quid instantly. It looks great, and it comes completely free on PS4 in late 2013/early 2014.

Drive Club
    Driveclub is one of the biggest and most promising looking games for Sony on the PS4. The fact they’re giving it away on PS Plus is an astonishing bargain. Evolution has come out saying free beta edition will be exactly the same in terms of features as the full, paid-for retail edition, but will omit a few particular cars and tracks. Everything else – online and asynchronous multiplayer, and all the single player stuff – will feature, and it’ll be a day one download.

Don't Starve
    Don’t Starve is an awesome little game from Klei Entertainment. It’s all about survival against all odds in an alien world. You defend against starvation, bad guys and even your own insanity, which constantly threatens to creep into your mind. You use your tools and gear to better your chances of survival – gathering resources, building fires and so on. The longer you survive the more experience points you when you eventually, inevitably die and move on to another character. It’s another game on the list of free PS Plus offerings for PS4, and it’ll be out at a yet-unspecified date.

Outlast
    Outlast looks bloody spooky. The first person horror game looks a lot like PC psychological torture fest Amnesia on PC – one of the scariest games of all time. Set in an asylum, you play as a journalist snooping around the dank corridors and uninviting looking rooms, sneaking around unseen to avoid combat. Something bad has happened and you have to find out. Running from enemies is definitely the go-to tactic here, and it gives Outlast a really great edge as a terrifying horror game. It’s free on PS Plus, due in 2014 and looks set to soil the pants of Plus subscribers everywhere.

Secret Ponchos
    Secret Ponchos was announced recently at Sony’s E3 2013 conference. It’s a twin-stick top-down Wild West shooter where you play as an outlaw and a fugitive, on the run for reasons unspecified. It’s focused on PvP. As you get better at killing more opponents, you get a larger bounty on your head, which then increases the reward for other players who manage to kill you, setting up those who do well for an increasingly more difficult challenge. It looks somewhat limited at the moment, with only 5 maps on offer, but as a free-to-play for PS Plus subscribers we wouldn’t be surprised if the game receives free updates and expansions as it goes on.
    That's a good number of free games right off the bat! Warframe, Planetside 2, Outlast and Drive Club are a must for me.

3. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Can not wait thought FF14 will prob take up most of my time.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    That's a good number of free games right off the bat! Warframe, Planetside 2, Outlast and Drive Club are a must for me.
    Those are my first choice as well.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    I want all of them!!!!!

Soldier 95B
    I want me some Driveclub and Blacklight, please and thank you! But I will buy Driveclub anyway. Still, great $#@!ing news!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Are we going to have squards or clans for all these games? I am not joining any of you on psn for now. but if we have any plans about gaming groups when ps4 comes out, I will gladly join a for few of those games.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I hope we can start a PSU Drive Club team.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I hope we can start a PSU Drive Club team.
    We need this definitely And next week ps+ give nfs for free, if it has a clan system, it maybe our practice ground :P
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Im looking forward to planetside 2 the most but warhammer and blacklight look pretty neat as well. Now if they'd hurry up and give us our damn consoles we could play em

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Apprentice
    Driveclub, Outlast and Don't Starve look awesome. Some others sounds interesting too. I'm gonna have more games then time right from launch day.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Veteran
    Free Driveclub?

Count me in.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Free Driveclub?

Count me in.
    gonna have limited amount of stuff to do compared to retail game tho
    good to see if u actually want to buy the retail one tho I agree

Veteran
    I hope Outlast is out on the 2nd month after the release of PS4, they've already revealed the release date for Steam on PC which is September but no word on PS4, so it definitely should be ready on launch but since they're giving Driveclub away for free on the 1st month, I hope Outlast is on the next one.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    oh they are doing driveclub first. typical, baiting people to buy the retail version. when's planetside 2 coming? 2nd? 3rd? 200th?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    oh they are doing driveclub first. typical, baiting people to buy the retail version. when's planetside 2 coming? 2nd? 3rd? 200th?
    If you have the PS+ Drive Club you can just purchase the missing cars and track as DLC. You dont have to go out and buy the retail version outright.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    If you have the PS+ Drive Club you can just purchase the missing cars and track as DLC. You dont have to go out and buy the retail version outright.
    oh is that right? nice. wonder how much the dlc will be, $50?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    oh is that right? nice. wonder how much the dlc will be, $50?
    I doubt it. lol I heard its only a handful of cars and a couple of tracks.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    really? so how much will the psn game be?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    really? so how much will the psn game be?
    Without PS+ it will be the same as the retail game in both content and price. PS+ version is a separate version.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    oooooook so ps+ version is discounted i imagine?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    oooooook so ps+ version is discounted i imagine?
    PS+ version is free.

Veteran
    gonna have limited amount of stuff to do compared to retail game tho
    good to see if u actually want to buy the retail one tho I agree
    That's fine with me. I'll just grab the dlc like crow said.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    That's fine with me. I'll just grab the dlc like crow said.
    Yep exactly. Way cheaper than buying it outright for $60.

Veteran
    Driveclub which is a retail game that can be purchased like any other bluray disc game will be available as soon as the PS4 has launched for free through PS Plus. Planetside 2 is a free to play game, which means it will be available for download from day one through the PSN Store or maybe it will come preinstalled, it's pretty much like Dust 514 which you can download and play for free without a PS Plus account. This article is a bit misleading because it lists free to play games but they're not actually all free to play. F2P games are the ones like Dust 514, Planetside 2, DCUO, Warframe, etc., however games like Driveclub, Outlast, Secret Ponchos and some others are not free to play, you'll get them for free at some time through your PS Plus but they are not free to play because you need to either pay for them individually or pay for a PS Plus sub.

So basically this article is all wrong.

Thread Information