Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Bf4 vs cod:ghosts

I am planning to get 1 game at launch when I buy a ps4. I am playing Battlefield 3 all the time on my ps3 now, but only started to play it all the time since I knew it had Close Quarters.

I sometimes love the big open maps that battlefield is known for, but equally as much I like to play team deadmatch close quarters.

I know the differences between Battlefield 4 on ps4 and ps3, so I am pretty sure I'm going to get BF4 on PS4, but I would also like to know if it has any Close Quarters modes. If it does, than I will probably not buy cod ghosts.

Another option would be to get call of duty ghosts for ps4 and Battlefield 4 for ps3, but I don't know if there are any (but graphical) differences between the ps4 and ps3 versions of call off duty. Do any of you guys know this?

I hope you guys can help me out and help me choose what game to get for ps4 and what game (if any) for ps3.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Simple: BF 4 for PS4 and CoD: Ghost for PS3 (if at all).

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I agree with wrath.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Wrath is right. BF4 looks far superior to Ghosts on a next gen console. It's cod, if you're going to get it then get it for the current gen. Get something that you'll be amazed at for next gen, which the logical choice for that is BF4

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Master Guru
    Call of Duty: Ghosts will be the pinnacle of first person shooters.

Still looking forward to Battlefield 4 though.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post

Still looking forward to Battlefield 4 though.
    LOL yeah it will be the pinnacle with their super advanced AI that makes fishes go away when you swim close to them.

And let's not forget about the ''impressive graphic improvement''.

If you want both, then I back what Wrath said. There's no confirmation if there will be a close quarters like map on BF4 but could be in the future.

7. Likes davin_g likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Do people actually believe this?

9. Likes ps3isawesome , MacP likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I think this might be the turning point for Activision. There is a lot of hype surrounding BF4 right now. I would be willing to say more than cod. Eventually people were going to get tired eating stale bread. Who knows though. Might very well breaksales records again but I have a hunch this won't be the case. I think BF4 might actually outsell this time. Then EA will start doing the same thing lol. Never ending cycle I fear.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

11. Likes darky89 likes this post

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    I'll get both but I'm a lot more excited for BF4.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I think this might be the turning point for Activision. There is a lot of hype surrounding BF4 right now. I would be willing to say more than cod. Eventually people were going to get tired eating stale bread. Who knows though. Might very well breaksales records again but I have a hunch this won't be the case. I think BF4 might actually outsell this time. Then EA will start doing the same thing lol. Never ending cycle I fear.

but But BUT COD: Ghosts has the bestest feature ever. A doggie. Who doesn't like doggies?...
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

14. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    They already started copying CODs structure with BF3, they have their Premium which matches COD's Elite. They stopped giving free map packs with BF3 and started pumping out $$$ DLC packs. They seem to be trying to add modes more akin to COD, which I have nothing against, it's just that they are doing all the other bad things that COD does.

The only thing they'll have going for them soon is that they actually really work on their graphics engine and take it to new levels. The large battles of 32 vs 32 on huge maps is very cool, but not necessarily better than CODs smaller, tighter, faster battle system. They are just different beasts. BF will always have the insane destructibility going for it also. COD will always have that pick up and play, jump right in, arcade feel to it. COD's main issues are not adding enough to the mechanics, graphics engine, and not dishing out for dedicated servers.

It's sad that BF is going down the road of COD with how they're trying to eat away at people's pockets now. $$ DLC is mentioned long before the game even releases now. I feel bad for DICE, because they really are a top notch dev team, it's all EA and their evil corporate greed. I wish DICE could get away from them and self publish games or something. I don't wanna dish out for BF4 knowing that 5 $$$ DLC packs will be out within the first few months that'll seperate the population a bit, unless I buy them all.

This is yet another reason to allow mods, so we can create our own maps and such, and people that don't wanna be nickel and dimed from day one, can stick with the best of the user created maps to keep the game fresh.

Super Elite
    Too be honest I don't see next gen graphics on either game. I do like the fact you can blow up buildings in battlefield but I am so tired of cod. they spam this game every year I mean give it a breakkkkkk!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    They already started copying CODs structure with BF3, they have their Premium which matches COD's Elite. They stopped giving free map packs with BF3 and started pumping out $$$ DLC packs. They seem to be trying to add modes more akin to COD, which I have nothing against, it's just that they are doing all the other bad things that COD does.

The only thing they'll have going for them soon is that they actually really work on their graphics engine and take it to new levels. The large battles of 32 vs 32 on huge maps is very cool, but not necessarily better than CODs smaller, tighter, faster battle system. They are just different beasts. BF will always have the insane destructibility going for it also. COD will always have that pick up and play, jump right in, arcade feel to it. COD's main issues are not adding enough to the mechanics, graphics engine, and not dishing out for dedicated servers.

It's sad that BF is going down the road of COD with how they're trying to eat away at people's pockets now. $$ DLC is mentioned long before the game even releases now. I feel bad for DICE, because they really are a top notch dev team, it's all EA and their evil corporate greed. I wish DICE could get away from them and self publish games or something. I don't wanna dish out for BF4 knowing that 5 $$$ DLC packs will be out within the first few months that'll seperate the population a bit, unless I buy them all.

This is yet another reason to allow mods, so we can create our own maps and such, and people that don't wanna be nickel and dimed from day one, can stick with the best of the user created maps to keep the game fresh.
    Yep. EA is going the smart route. I'm not the biggest fan of BF. They are better games for the most part but the playstyle is what separates the two. That fast play is what people love. BF you have to be more methodical. Cod has a lot is spray and pray. I commend Activision for what they have done. Don't agree with it but you have to respect that they have created a brand that sells regardless of how negative the feedback is. I kind of hope they do get stiff competition from bf will they will maybe go back to the drawing board.

I Like cod but it doesn't feel fresh every time it comes out. BLOPS 2 felt slightly fresher than previous versions but when you get down too the meat it's still the same. Unfortunately this is kind of happening in fps in general. Select few feel like something new that we haven't seen before. I think a lot of this is because of the success of cod. Many try too emulate that experience so it will sell.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I'm torn between the two. While CoD probably won't really be anything new, it's a reliable experience, and I know I'll have fun with it. On the other hand BF4 looks great, but I really hated BF3 and BF4 seems to pretty much be BF3-2. BF:BC2 is one of my favorite shooters, and 3 felt worse in pretty much every single way, I just have never had an enjoyable experience with it. Of course there's also killzone, but I'm expecting that to be disappointing like every other KZ.

I mean, I'll probably get both eventually, but at launch there's only time/money for one. Just going to have to wait for more reviews/more in-depth impressions.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Dinosaurs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dogs

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    LOL yeah it will be the pinnacle with their super advanced AI that makes fishes go away when you swim close to them.

And let's not forget about the ''impressive graphic improvement''.

If you want both, then I back what Wrath said. There's no confirmation if there will be a close quarters like map on BF4 but could be in the future.
    I had a bad day but this made me laugh so hard I got to give you rep. So sad this is COD at its finest lol.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post

You forgot about gameplay. You know? Only the most important element to a good game. Call of Duty is the best of the best in that regard. Buttery smooth gameplay so flawless it's almost an exclusive feature.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    but But BUT COD: Ghosts has the bestest feature ever. A doggie. Who doesn't like doggies?...
    And dynamic fish.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    You forgot about gameplay. You know? Only the most important element to a good game. Call of Duty is the best of the best in that regard. Buttery smooth gameplay so flawless it's almost an exclusive feature.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RijB8wnJCN0

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Come on guys, enough of the COD bashing. COD is an amazing fun game and most of gamers think that. Battlefield is an amazing game too but COD is just more fun. Enjoy both games or buy your game of choice. It is pointless to bash either as you wont achieve anything in doing so. You see it every year, COD is milking it, it comes out every year. Well I got news for you ROGER, it has a 2 year cycle witch is ample developing time, IW one year and Treyarch the next. Also if you dont want to play it yearly, here is another bit of news, DON'T BUY IT THEN.

Enjoy gaming.
    Last edited by berts08; 07-26-2013 at 10:46.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    BF4, what else is there to say?

I'm also getting bf4.

But instead of cod, I'm actually more concerned about whether or not to get KILLZONE as well!?

...Both look amazing and I don't know if I can manage to do without one of them. But as I don't have too much playing time at all, I wonder if I really need two different fps...!?
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    1 thing that'll kill COD is if they don't go fully dedicated servers this time around. No one is gonna wanna be on next-gen with everything being perfect and immediate, then popping in COD and dealing with host migrations and laggy matches and disconnects left and right.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    No Jurassic Warfare DLC - No BF4

But to be serious - I see no reasons to love COD. Really.

Thread Information