Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

Bf4 vs cod:ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by berts08 View Post
    Come on guys, enough of the COD bashing. COD is an amazing fun game and most of gamers think that. Battlefield is an amazing game too but COD is just more fun. Enjoy both games or buy your game of choice. It is pointless to bash either as you wont achieve anything in doing so. You see it every year, COD is milking it, it comes out every year. Well I got news for you ROGER, it has a 2 year cycle witch is ample developing time, IW one year and Treyarch the next. Also if you dont want to play it yearly, here is another bit of news, DON'T BUY IT THEN.

Enjoy gaming.
    number 1. u just made yourself look stupid. u said cod had a 2 year cycle. pretty sure you just said infinity ward one year, treyarch te next, which would make a cod game every year.
    number 2. the majority of ppl aren't bashing cod. we're just tired of playing it and want to see a break or something drastically new in the franchise.
    number 3. if you're going to sit there and say all of us are cod bashing then I'll sit here and say stop $#@!ing bashing bf. if YOU don't wanna play it don't buy it. (sound familiar?)
    and btw, that god like idea of yours that I just stated, most of us thought of that about 3-4 years ago. so try again

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    number 1. u just made yourself look stupid. u said cod had a 2 year cycle. pretty sure you just said infinity ward one year, treyarch te next, which would make a cod game every year.
    I think the point there is, each COD game has a 2 year development cycle. Though, that doesn't really make them look that good, because for a 2 year dev cycle I'd expect a little more of an upgrade to the overall system. I do believe that part of the reason they are afraid to mess with the actual game engine is that the guys that made the engine and designed the original mechanics are no longer with Infinity Ward. So, those left at IW and Treyarch are too scared to take any chance of ruining the COD feel, so they just do minor upgrades, and each year the engine is more and more obviously outdated compared to similar shooters on the market.

Dedicated Member
    BF4 all the way for me, I just love the immersiveness of it and prefer the big open maps with lots of vehicles etc. Really looking forward to 64 players on the PS4, hence thats the version I will be purchasing, I hope the PSN can handle it!

COD, for me, just hasn't got that appeal.

Each to their own tho.
    Last edited by mudshark; 07-26-2013 at 15:33.
    PSN = prison_inmate

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

Bf4 vs cod:ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    I think the point there is, each COD game has a 2 year development cycle. Though, that doesn't really make them look that good, because for a 2 year dev cycle I'd expect a little more of an upgrade to the overall system. I do believe that part of the reason they are afraid to mess with the actual game engine is that the guys that made the engine and designed the original mechanics are no longer with Infinity Ward. So, those left at IW and Treyarch are too scared to take any chance of ruining the COD feel, so they just do minor upgrades, and each year the engine is more and more obviously outdated compared to similar shooters on the market.
    I know they're development cycle, but the game with CALL OF DUTY written on the box comes out every year. that is the majority of the people's point is that it's out EVERY year.

moving on tapatalk

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    You forgot about gameplay. You know? Only the most important element to a good game. Call of Duty is the best of the best in that regard. Buttery smooth gameplay so flawless it's almost an exclusive feature.
    COD gameplay is boring that's what it is, running around like crazy shooting, cause that what war is like, running around in circles shooting people.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    COD gameplay is boring that's what it is, running around like crazy shooting, cause that what war is like, running around in circles shooting people.
    we'd have a $#@!load of casualties if that was the case lol. I had a friend who came back from Iraq and he played with me and the first thing he said was, " this $#@!s $#@!ing retarded"

moving on tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    I have no problem with CoD or CoD fans, and I might even pick it up a few months after release, but I don't see the appeal that makes CoD more appealing over BF4.

I mean, CoD is more of a fast paced shooter, and can have it's fun spouts. But two things Nag me about CoD every time:

It offers no realistic value.
    There's no "Team" in "Team Deathmatch". It's just you running around going trigger happy. This certainly would not cut it in BF4

There's no change between games
    I honestly don't see much of a Difference Between MW2, BO1, MW3, BO2 or Ghosts. But Maybe that's just me.

But yeah BF4 > CoD: Ghosts

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Do you want chips with your Cod?
    BF4 will put Cod in its Plaice.
    Cod Wars

In all seriousness I had to laugh about the dog thing, it looked lame as heck.
    The next gen engine didnt look very next gen to me, still the same old flat landscapes with crappy models strewn about the place.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-26-2013 at 21:21.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    number 2. the majority of ppl aren't bashing cod. we're just tired of playing it and want to see a break or something drastically new in the franchise.
    number 3. if you're going to sit there and say all of us are cod bashing then I'll sit here and say stop $#@!ing bashing bf. if YOU don't wanna play it don't buy it. (sound familiar?)
    and btw, that god like idea of yours that I just stated, most of us thought of that about 3-4 years ago. so try again

moving on tapatalk

WOW, you mad bro?

I love battlefield games but find COD to be more fun.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    WOW, you mad bro?

Same here but I have more respect for BF for its approach.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    WOW, you mad bro?

oh yea I can tell you're a cod player now lol

moving on tapatalk

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    oh yea I can tell you're a cod player now lol

moving on tapatalk
    Why you mad? lol

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    1 thing that'll kill COD is if they don't go fully dedicated servers this time around. No one is gonna wanna be on next-gen with everything being perfect and immediate, then popping in COD and dealing with host migrations and laggy matches and disconnects left and right.
    As usual, I must pick both up as I do like them both.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Why you mad? lol
    hahahaha nah bro. although it did kinda sound like it when I re-read my post.
    honestly tho, where the hell did that phrase come from? it's like I woke up one day joined a tdm match and everybody was saying it

moving on tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    We still need to see the multiplayer for COD: Ghosts, but the only thing we know that's new is the dynamic aspects of the maps, where players can make changes to the maps that affect everyone else. But Battlefield 4 has that too.

Personally, I've grown tired of COD. I've had great times with the series, especially since COD 2 was my first online game, but the experience has been exactly the same since COD4.

With that said, I don't blame Activision for not wanting to fundamentally change their formula to include vehicles and larger maps. That's what SOCOM III did and the experience was completely different. It's less immediate and more methodical.

COD either needs to take what Battlefield does and somehow do it better, or they need to keep their approach on immediate action and somehow innovate in that space. I'm very interested to see what they do.

All in all, I probably won't be purchasing COD: Ghosts. I'm trying to decide between Battlefield 4 and Killzone: Shadow Fall. I'm waiting on Killzone's multiplayer to decide.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    We still need to see the multiplayer for COD: Ghosts, but the only thing we know that's new is the dynamic aspects of the maps, where players can make changes to the maps that affect everyone else. But Battlefield 4 has that too.

Personally, I've grown tired of COD. I've had great times with the series, especially since COD 2 was my first online game, but the experience has been exactly the same since COD4.

With that said, I don't blame Activision for not wanting to fundamentally change their formula to include vehicles and larger maps. That's what SOCOM III did and the experience was completely different. It's less immediate and more methodical.

COD either needs to take what Battlefield does and somehow do it better, or they need to keep their approach on immediate action and somehow innovate in that space. I'm very interested to see what they do.

All in all, I probably won't be purchasing COD: Ghosts. I'm trying to decide between Battlefield 4 and Killzone: Shadow Fall. I'm waiting on Killzone's multiplayer to decide.

COD Ghosts gameplay will be revealed August 14th, to be honest I don't expect it to be any different than what they have right now, maybe a few more weapons, modes and maps. And although I prefer BF4 over Killzone, I have to say you probably won't be disappointed with KZ's multiplayer, some didn't like it on KZ3 but imo KZ2 and KZ3's multiplayer were both awesome and lots of fun, I can also say more dynamic than COD given each class has some really cool features, I loved the Sniper that goes invisible for a few seconds.

Forum Sage
    Battlefield 4.

Its safe to say that Black Ops 1 will be my last COD purchase until the franchise becomes interesting again.
    tfw you want to use signatures you made that are saved in DA but this place still have a signature size limitations after all these years
    lol

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    As far as I know, cod release day hasnt been disclosed. Right?

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by bat0nas View Post
    As far as I know, cod release day hasnt been disclosed. Right?
    I guess it will be simlar to all previous Cod games.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I guess it will be simlar to all previous Cod games.
    yea it'll be released in November for currents and I guess whenever next gen comes out. curious to see how they do release for next gen

moving on tapatalk

Elite Member
    Only way to make COD great again is to revolve it, same old recycled crap will get them nowhere! no wonder all the hardcore gamers have moved on from COD Series they want something 'NEW' an worse yet with the older fans getting annoyed the crap out by kids is just as worse than having them not wanting to buy it. the only reason COD is still making that kinda money is users still feed in to the same old rubbish we seen b4.

some like the style of the game an how it feels (like myself) but having something that's not innovative is not going to make me buy COD over an over every year isit!! plus the Dog is an ok nice feature but really do I need a dog that bad. COD has thrown dogs at us in MW an now they having us throw dogs at enemies great thinking IW!! (NOT) even that moving fish tech was a load of bollox who cares about moving fish! come on IW really.

Doing the same is 1 thing but being innovative is another an to be innovative you got to have goals an take the risk so here's what I would do I would feed in to this rather than Ghosts!! if it happened! but would COD take that risk?

Forum Sage
    I like the idea of Police Warfare.

If its gonna be like Irrational Game's SWAT4, im sold.
    tfw you want to use signatures you made that are saved in DA but this place still have a signature size limitations after all these years
    lol

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Only way to make COD great again is to revolve it, same old recycled crap will get them nowhere! no wonder all the hardcore gamers have moved on from COD Series they want something 'NEW' an worse yet with the older fans getting annoyed the crap out by kids is just as worse than having them not wanting to buy it. the only reason COD is still making that kinda money is users still feed in to the same old rubbish we seen b4.

some like the style of the game an how it feels (like myself) but having something that's not innovative is not going to make me buy COD over an over every year isit!! plus the Dog is an ok nice feature but really do I need a dog that bad. COD has thrown dogs at us in MW an now they having us throw dogs at enemies great thinking IW!! (NOT) even that moving fish tech was a load of bollox who cares about moving fish! come on IW really.

Doing the same is 1 thing but being innovative is another an to be innovative you got to have goals an take the risk so here's what I would do I would feed in to this rather than Ghosts!! if it happened! but would COD take that risk?

as a veteran cod player myself, couldn't have said it better. +rep

moving on tapatalk

Dedicated Member
    As a rule of thumb, avoid anything which has the words call of duty in it.

Ultimate Veteran
    i have ghosts pre-ordered for PS4

Thread Information