Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Happy for you. Unfortunately your choices don't help mine. I'm ok with launch games having some kinect functionality. That could have been done without it being required to be purchased, and connected, etc.

Will the Xbox One have any actual KINECT games, not games that can use Kinect. I mean, KINECT games. Will it? I haven't heard much in that way.
    I'm sure it will next year. People should be happy now. First, it was MS focusing too much on Kinect and now it's not enough. Then it was they focus on Halo and gears too much. Now we are getting no kinect games and no Halo or gears launch titles and people still will complain....

2. Likes UkHardcore likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    First, it was MS focusing too much on Kinect and now it's not enough.
    The $#@! is so hard for you to understand where people are coming from? Kinect wasn't forced on them before but now it is. People want games to justify why it's forced on them. So there's a reason why people, who have no interest in kinect, are asking this question.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

4. Likes roy8846 likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I'm sure it will next year. People should be happy now. First, it was MS focusing too much on Kinect and now it's not enough. Then it was they focus on Halo and gears too much. Now we are getting no kinect games and no Halo or gears launch titles and people still will complain....
    If MS dropped the price $100 then they wouldn't get any complaints from me. They could make as many or as few kinect games as they wanted.

But who is this "they"? Why are you applying opinions others have voiced to F34R? Does it somehow help your argument to manufacture hypocrisy when it isn't there?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The $#@! is so hard for you to understand where people are coming from? Kinect wasn't forced on them before but now it is. People want games to justify why it's forced on them. So there's a reason why people, who have no interest in kinect, are asking this question.
    It's not forced. You still have a choice. If you want the console at launch you will be getting kinect with it. If it's something you don't want then don't buy the console right now. That's the offer. Take it or leave it. Simple. I'ts funny that some are concerned when deep down they know they weren't going to get it anyway, regardless of kinect or the price. Can't complain about DRM, self publishing, no variety in exclusives, or lack of game focus anymore so that leaves Kinect. Same old story, different day.

Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    If MS dropped the price $100 then they wouldn't get any complaints from me. They could make as many or as few kinect games as they wanted.
    Well you know what, as of right now they aren't gonna do that. Kinect is part of the xbox experience and there are launch games that support it. I wanted sony to drop it's ps3 launch price too but i gave in and bought it anyway. Which by the way didn't have a great launch lineup and was 100 more with less technology. It's all about value for the individual buyer. Some may not see it but others will.

But who is this "they"? Why are you applying opinions others have voiced to F34R? Does it somehow help your argument to manufacture hypocrisy when it isn't there?
    Meaning some gamers here. It only applies if the shoe fits. They know who they are. Kinect being included helps get those units out there that they need in order to get more developer support. They are putting it out there saying this is what we have to offer. If people don't like it they can choose what sony has to offer. If MS see's that it isn't selling as good as they need it to, they will most likely drop kinect, the price, or even both.

it's not like they are giving you this camera just to sit there and do nothing. It does support some launch games as well as other non gaming stuff. Plus the fact that each console can be used as a dev kit gives the kinect addition even more value. I think it gives xbox-one tremendous value and it's so much better than what the competition is offering.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-30-2013 at 22:09.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Focus on good games for a peripheral we have to buy in order to get the console for the games we already know are coming out.
    It's not forced. You still have a choice. If you want the console at launch you will be getting kinect with it. If it's something you don't want then don't buy the console right now. That's the offer. Take it or leave it. Simple. I'ts funny that some are concerned when deep down they know they weren't going to get it anyway, regardless of kinect or the price. Can't complain about DRM, self publishing, no variety in exclusives, or lack of game focus anymore so that leaves Kinect. Same old story, different day.

Well you know what, as of right now they aren't gonna do that. Kinect is part of the xbox experience and there are launch games that support it. I wanted sony to drop it's ps3 launch price too but i gave in and bought it anyway. Which by the way didn't have a great launch lineup and was 100 more with less technology. It's all about value for the individual buyer. Some may not see it but others will.

Meaning some gamers here. It only applies if the shoe fits. They know who they are. Kinect being included helps get those units out there that they need in order to get more developer support. They are putting it out there saying this is what we have to offer. If people don't like it they can choose what sony has to offer. If MS see's that it isn't selling as good as they need it to, they will most likely drop kinect, the price, or even both.

it's not like they are giving you this camera just to sit there and do nothing. It does support some launch games as well as other non gaming stuff. Plus the fact that each console can be used as a dev kit gives the kinect addition even more value. I think it gives xbox-one tremendous value and it's so much better than what the competition is offering.

It isn't right to require a peripheral that no games are coming for that added price tag. If they want more developer support, then they build a freakin' software library to use that peripheral. What is hard about that? I know, they know the damn thing isn't going to sell well because they don't have anything in the pipe for it worth a damn. So, force people to pay for something they won't even use, so that devs will actually create something worth it.

8. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Focus on good games for a peripheral we have to buy in order to get the console for the games we already know are coming out.

It isn't right to require a peripheral that no games are coming for that added price tag. If they want more developer support, then they build a freakin' software library to use that peripheral. What is hard about that? I know, they know the damn thing isn't going to sell well because they don't have anything in the pipe for it worth a damn. So, force people to pay for something they won't even use, so that devs will actually create something worth it.
    Your not being forced. They are telling you Kinect is a part of the package and adds value. You can't force devs to support it if they don't feel comfortable that enough units are out there to make it worthwhile. So for all people that have issues, I say go buy PS4. That's what i would do. After all sony, is for the gamer rights, correct? Show MS that you won't buy it with Kinect included. It worked for DRM.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-30-2013 at 22:34.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Your not being forced. They are telling you Kinect is a part of the package and adds value. You can't force devs to support it if they don't feel comfortable that enough units are out there to make it worthwhile. So for all people that have issues, I say go buy PS4. That's what i would do. After all sony, is for the gamer rights, correct? Show MS that you won't buy it with Kinect included. It worked for DRM.
    You can't force devs to support it regardless of the number of Kinect units out there. Once they start developing games, and they don't sell well, then regardless of how many units are out there, there isn't enough market support.

I am buying a PS4, but I am buying an Xbox One. That doesn't take away from my displeasure about being required to spend $100 more dollars, for a peripheral that I won't be using, in order for me to buy a console I want because of the IP's I like on it.

Forum Sage
    You can't force devs to support it regardless of the number of Kinect units out there. Once they start developing games, and they don't sell well, then regardless of how many units are out there, there isn't enough market support.
    If units are out there then the chances of selling are greater. They don't have to worry as much about consumers buying the camera because they know if xbox-one sold 2 million then there are 2 million kinects out there as well.

I am buying a PS4, but I am buying an Xbox One. That doesn't take away from my displeasure about being required to spend $100 more dollars, for a peripheral that I won't be using, in order for me to buy a console I want because of the IP's I like on it.
    Then don't buy it. Why add displeasure if you don't have too? Save your money and get it cheaper.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    If units are out there then the chances of selling are greater. They don't have to worry as much about consumers buying the camera because they know if xbox-one sold 2 million then there are 2 million kinects out there as well.

Then don't buy it. Why add displeasure if you don't have too? Save your money and get it cheaper.
    Yes, if the units are out there then there is a bigger audience. However, that doesn't have anything to do with the WANT for games. I know the concept of why they've added this peripheral as mandatory, but it doesn't change the way it will play out. Obviously the devs already know there will be every system with one, yet we haven't see or heard of any class A games coming for that peripheral.

Don't buy it? Get it cheaper? What, wait for a few years for a price drop? No thanks. I've already made up my mind to buy it, but that won't change due to the extra cost at this point. If I didn't buy anything based on things about the items that I don't like, then I wouldn't ever have anything. I doubt ANYONE is REALISTICALLY 100% behind anything they buy.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Uh....yeah. That leaves Kinect. It is a legit complaint whether you like it or not.

Obviously, I don't which pisses me off since I enjoy Xbox games. I reserve the right to $#@! about it, whether it does any good or not.

And BS on the less technology. lol

Meaning some gamers here. It only applies if the shoe fits. They know who they are.
    Yeah...some people want more Gears and Halo. Others don't want any. Lumping them all as one voice is just silly. There is no "they".

My current Kinect just sits there and does nothing which is why I'm not buying another one. Definitely will have to disagree on the "value" of a $100 bundled peripheral and how much "better" it is over the "competition".
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

14. Likes mistercrow, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Yes, if the units are out there then there is a bigger audience. However, that doesn't have anything to do with the WANT for games. I know the concept of why they've added this peripheral as mandatory, but it doesn't change the way it will play out. Obviously the devs already know there will be every system with one, yet we haven't see or heard of any class A games coming for that peripheral.

They had this game which was announced pre e-3 but was pushed back to 2014. Dead Rising and Killer Instinct also have some kinect functions too.

Don't buy it? Get it cheaper? What, wait for a few years for a price drop? No thanks. I've already made up my mind to buy it, but that won't change due to the extra cost at this point. If I didn't buy anything based on things about the items that I don't like, then I wouldn't ever have anything. I doubt ANYONE is REALISTICALLY 100% behind anything they buy.
    Then I don't really see what the complaining is all about. You have chosen to buy the console knowing kinect is included and there is no Kinect only titles coming. A lot of people will buy xbox-one knowing that and probably will never use it. Same with the TV function. I'm sure a lot of people don't like that feature too but they get it anyway. It's all about the value a person see's. Where you don't see value someone else may see it and go for it. The addition of kinect isn't such a bad thing IMO.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER

They had this game which was announced pre e-3 but was pushed back to 2014. Dead Rising and Killer Instinct also have some kinect functions too.

Then I don't really see what the complaining is all about. You have chosen to buy the console knowing kinect is included and there is no Kinect only titles coming. A lot of people will buy xbox-one knowing that and probably will never use it. Same with the TV function. I'm sure a lot of people don't like that feature too but they get it anyway. It's all about the value a person see's. Where you don't see value someone else may see it and go for it. The addition of kinect isn't such a bad thing IMO.
    Kinect functionality isn't a kinect game. What's wrong with voicing something you're not in agreement with? You don't thin it's a bad thing for you, and I've yet to bring one aspect of my disliking of the kinect inclusion to your doorstep. It's been about me, and only me.

17. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Veteran
    Kinect titles will follow after the initial launch of hardcore games as it would make no sense to launch Kinect titles when it's the hardcore crowd that will be snapping up the first 2 or 3 months worth of consoles.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Supreme Veteran
    problem solved then. At the end of the day it's still a choice.

MS doesn't give gamers choice anymore it's either spyware or buy a 360

Where is Ratboy Don Mattrick now?

Xboned 1, where our CEO will leave for more moneh after ruining our console gaming image and get us in bed with the NSA.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Kinect functionality isn't a kinect game. What's wrong with voicing something you're not in agreement with? You don't thin it's a bad thing for you, and I've yet to bring one aspect of my disliking of the kinect inclusion to your doorstep. It's been about me, and only me.
    Bingo!

Forum Sage
    Maybe that's the problem. You don't speak for the masses though. MS made a choice to include kinect. The hardcore gamers will still buy the console regardless and maybe that's what the strategy is. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion about something you don't agree with but it doesn't mean they should change change plans because of some disgruntled gamers. At least not now. If it doesn't sell as expected then they can always change it.

I'm sure MS knows they are taking chances including kinect with no games for it at launch. I'm not really concerned about other people. I know what i'm getting with kinect and it doesn't bother me at all. I know games will be coming and i'm more than happy to play other AAA games until they arrive. Either way I was buying it with or without games for it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Wouldn't it have been better to not require kinect to be bundled with the console?

23. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    MS doesn't give gamers choice anymore it's either spyware or buy a 360 Where is Ratboy Don Mattrick now? Xboned 1, where our CEO will leave for more moneh after ruining our console gaming image and get us in bed with the NSA.
    Yep, its not a choice when its mandatory and $100 more because of it. A choice would be MS offering an alternative X1 sku without Kinect for $399. But MS is saying if you want our console youre going to have to pay $100 extra because of Kinect whether you want Kinect or not so #deal with it.# Doesnt sound like theyre giving consumers a choice to me. Oh thats right I forgot, if you dont want Kinect then just dont buy an X1. Thats the choice theyre giving you. Ok then, I'll just buy a PS4 instead.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-31-2013 at 05:39.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Kinect is mandatory - so I don't see why it shouldn't. If they don't, then wtf? It's not like Kinect is completely new tech.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Wouldn't it have been better to not require kinect to be bundled with the console?
    Yeah, it is not like Kinect was a flop with the 360. It sold tons of consoles and games as an add-on. And having a bundled along with a stand-alone version certainly didn't have a negative impact. Don't get it.

Soldier 95B
    So Sony and Microsoft don't give consumers choices, but we buy their consoles anyway. Looks like we actually do #dealwithit by buying their products anyway, lol.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I'll just buy a PS4 instead.
    Imagine that.... LOL......

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    Imagine that.... LOL......

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

There will be many others (me included) not getting one until there is no mandatory Kinect.

I have had 3 360's (damn RROD) and my kids ONLY game on 360's. Next Gen they have to have PS4's due to the price due to Kinect.
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Thread Information