Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Killzone looks like it has far more post process and effects and looks atmospheric.
    Oh yeah

http://www.brunopia.com/#!portfolio-item/johnny-cash-3

Doom3
    Last edited by keefy; 08-29-2013 at 00:22.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Lets all play the cut scene screen shot game.

Did you enjoy the taste of your own foot?

You have clearly had your mind blown by these killzone pics. Ingame models(they're looking exactly like that while you're playing;as proven in the 6min 1gig file) that you think are cutscene. And it's running 1080p/60fps.

Edit:Based on your response, along with your state of denial, I've hit the nail right on the head. Just keep in mind that I know exactly why you guys do what you do and say what you say.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 08-29-2013 at 01:49.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Did you enjoy the taste of your own foot?

You have clearly had your mind blown by these killzone pics. Ingame models(they're looking exactly like that while you're playing;as proven in the 6min 1gig file) that you think are cutscene. And it's running 1080p/60fps.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    KZ SF = 40K Polys per character.
    Ryse = 150K tris = 75K Polys

Remember one polygon is made up of two tris.

Still more, but not as more as you think...also different developers have different methods so this isn't necessarily anything to do with the hardware itself and any limitations it might have.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

5. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post

Still more, but not as more as you think...also different developers have different methods so this isn't necessarily anything to do with the hardware itself and any limitations it might have.
    Polygon=triangle, sorry.

Elite Member

well polygons are triangles rectangles and pentagons so this all may just be some fluff to give some good pr to Ms. But in this case if Kz:Sf has 80k triangles on its characters I can only imagine the rest are in the environments and weapons. This entire thread is meaningless and Ryse doesn't hold a candle to KZ:SF which most of us already know but a select few still want to argue that Ryse looks better and it clearly doesn't. When naughty dog brings out its next gen game lets see where those people are.

Actually to make this thread even more worthless what size are these polygons because they obviously have taken polys from an area for example the environment and used them on characters large polygons in the backgrounds allow for more polygons in the foreground correct so polygons don't mean $#@! its just how they are managed and placed. In CQC they obviously enlarge the polygons in the background and enhance them where needed.
    Last edited by hood; 08-29-2013 at 02:37.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Not sure what the humour is, as he's just referring to a file showcasing what it looks like?

Or am I missing something? You'll have to forgive me, a gif, while sometimes funny; does not clarify where or reason a certain position or argument.

That's true.

I still remember Kojima studios talking about the polys (in Snake) in MGS3 after MGS2, and fail to remember how the polys themselves affected gameplay.

But it's nice to look at, and I can see the merits in both. I just think laughing and dismissing people for thinking one thing is "nicer to look at" than another is weird.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Not sure what the humour is, as he's just referring to a file showcasing what it looks like?

Or am I missing something? You'll have to forgive me, a gif, while sometimes funny; does not clarify where or reason a certain position or argument.
    I think it's funny because i've seen gameplay videos of Killzone already and I can distinguish between what's actual gameplay and cut scene. But the one thing I find even more hilarious is the double standard people have here.

As for the gif, it fits perfectly IMO. Don't act like he has never done it before....lol

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lo really mynd? Somebody please bring in the sorcerer in here since this train has gone off track

Lol the whole premise of this thread was to $#@! on killzone...funny how that's going

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 08-29-2013 at 03:34.

11. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Tough times for Xbox fans.

Quite impressive to see GG grow into the top tier developer they are today.
    Mercenary and Shadow Fall are looking to be the best games on each platform.

So good!

Last edited by mickice; 08-29-2013 at 03:57.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Uncharted 2 had 80K poly's per character (leads), by the way people are going at it, Uncharted much be a next gen game!

with the advent of tessellation, the amount of polygons means little as every triangle will be subdivided X amount of times as it gets closer to the screen, meaning more polygons....assuming the engine and game run tessellation of course

this is the same pic with tessy on/off. i dare you to count the triangles!
    [WARNING] these were taken off my PC so i apologise the resolution

comparing KZ:SF and Ryse is literally like comparing apples and oranges. Ryse has more poly simply because it needs it. the guy has two full legs, two full arms, a face to render, skirt, armor on the skirt, platemail, chainmail, sandals....etc

Killzones mercs are wearing full body suits designed (one would hope) to keep all his equipment as close to his body as possible. ergo, no dangly bits.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

14. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Tough times for Xbox fans.

Quite impressive to see GG grow into the top tier developer they are today.
    Mercenary and Shadow Fall are looking to be the best games on each platform.

So good!

Indeed. It's gonna be really tough finding the time for all those great launch games, but I'm looking forward to it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I think it's funny because i've seen gameplay videos of Killzone already and I can distinguish between what's actual gameplay and cut scene. But the one thing I find even more hilarious is the double standard people have here.

As for the gif, it fits perfectly IMO. Don't act like he has never done it before....lol
    I'm not acting anything - I was genuinely confused as it seemed he was just pointing out a video he was impressed by (whether you were or not). Please try not to pigeon hole next time.

And honestly, I don't get the hostile attitude that needs to come in with these threads, and masking it with lol does nothing to help that - not to mention accusing me of "acting" or whatever.

We'd all be better off without the smug attitudes.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

17. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Just a heads up, some members think "cutscene" models are being posted of KZ:SF but I just wanted to point out that there no such thing as 'cutscene model' and 'in game model' nowadays. Its all the same assets

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Just a heads up, some members think "cutscene" models are being posted of KZ:SF but I just wanted to point out that there no such thing as 'cutscene model' and 'in game model' nowadays. Its all the same assets
    That's a fairly gross generalization.
    And the same assets is not the same as the same rendering engine either.
    Naughty Dog are famous for using the same assets but an entirely different rendering system for their cut-scenes.
    Last edited by mynd; 08-29-2013 at 04:57.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Well Fiji! I count 3,476,865,990 triangles. So ha!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    That's a fairly gross generalization.
    And the same assets is not the same as the same rendering engine either.
    Naughty Dog are famous for using the same assets but an entirely different rendering system for their cut-scenes.
    Naughty Dog doesn't use same assets. Their in game models are 37k for drake, 45k for chloe as the highest, and their cutscene pre-rendered characters are around 80k territory. I'll try and find the source for you

EDIT: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.p...&postcount=839
    80k number is in the many press interviews like this:
    http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic...h-80k-polygons
    Last edited by Itachi; 08-29-2013 at 05:25.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Naughty Dog doesn't use same assets. Their in game models are 37k for drake, 45k for chloe as the highest, and their cutscene pre-rendered characters are around 80k territory. I'll try and find the source for you

EDIT: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.p...&postcount=839
    80k number is in the many press interviews like this:
    http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic...h-80k-polygons
    Either way , that's not helping your case.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I'm not acting anything - I was genuinely confused as it seemed he was just pointing out a video he was impressed by (whether you were or not). Please try not to pigeon hole next time.
    Come on man, you can't be serious with that. You're acting like this is the first time someone has used a gif in that way.

And honestly, I don't get the hostile attitude that needs to come in with these threads, and masking it with lol does nothing to help that - not to mention accusing me of "acting" or whatever.
    Can't speak for anyone else but I wasn't being hostile. I think the whole thing is humorous which is why i responded that way. Was I breaking any rules using a gif? Am I not allowed to respond?

We'd all be better off without the smug attitudes.
    All I see is the same things that happen on a normal basis, and this is the versus section. I thought we were allowed a bit more leeway here.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol was thinking the same

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    and quite honestly off the top of my head ND games are the ONLY ones I can think off that use different assets for cutscenes this gen. God of war uses same assets, infamous, killzone games, quantic dreams, AC, Batman, Borderlands, tombraider, Resident evil, bioshock, sleeping dogs gta, saints row etc you name it.
    Last edited by Itachi; 08-29-2013 at 06:51.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    yea, other developers out there could make a game look good (graphic wise) if there isn't that much going on besides the graphics. lolz

Soldier 95B
    Well, it's good to know that we can all post cutscene or cgi shots and call them actual game play shots. I wasn't sure where we were at with that rule.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Can't speak for anyone else but I wasn't being hostile. I think the whole thing is humorous which is why i responded that way. Was I breaking any rules using a gif? Am I not allowed to respond?
    You can say what you want but we all know that you responded that way due the the fact that I exposed to everyone that you admitted the killzone pics are more impressive than those from Ryse. If you didn't think those Killzone pics looked better than Ryse then you wouldn't have made this big fuss over them being "cutscene renders". They're in-game/exactly what you'll see when playing. I provided proof of that. You keep saying you've seen killzone videos. Let me point out that those single player videos were not using these assets from the images posted. The single player footage is not an updated build like the footage in the proof I provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Well, it's good to know that we can all post cutscene or cgi shots and call them actual game play shots. I wasn't sure where we were at with that rule.
    No need to be salty.

Those killzone images aren't from cutscenes nor are they cgi. It just goes to show that you guys think they are more impressive. It's not hard to read between the lines. Otherwise you guys wouldn't make a big fuss out of supposedly "cutscene renders" vs Ryse ingame renders
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 08-29-2013 at 14:23.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    No need to be salty.

30. Likes Admartian likes this post

Thread Information