Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the stuff looks gorgeous that Capcom and QD showed running in real time, but they are tech demos. There is no actual gameplay nor does it have anything to do with a game in development.
    Gives you the low level graphical expectations for their next PS4 game though.
    Lets have a quick look through history

Tech Demo-

Game-

Tech Demo-

Game-

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    ^^ lol exactly my point...for some reason i think he knows that already

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    lol now we want to get technical

fyi (just saying), QD always surpasses there tech demos soooooo....
    They didn't with Heavy Rain.

Edit: I should clarify, they didn't match it when you are actually controlling the character in game. Cutscenes, intro's, they matched it.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 08-30-2013 at 13:40.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    They didn't with Heavy Rain.
    Learn the difference between a lie, opinion and fact.

You are just lying. Period. It's not a matter of opinion on the subject of heavy rain surpassing the tech demo. Your "opinion" is meaningless when going against a fact. Learn it, soldier.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Learn the difference between a lie, opinion and fact.

You are just lying. Period. It's not a matter of opinion on the subject of heavy rain surpassing the tech demo. Your "opinion" is meaningless when going against a fact. Learn it, soldier.
    I am stating this as a FACT Two4DaMoney. Learn to understand what is FACT and what is NOT fact, what is opinion, and what is NOT opinion.

FACT, none of my characters (I own the $#@!ing game) looked like that girl crying when I was controlling the characters walking them around. Graphic quality was NOT the same, animation was NOT the same, FACT FACT FACT. And fact, deal with it Two.

Cutscenes, yes. Intro movie yes.

Master Sage
    I am stating this as a FACT Two4DaMoney. Learn to understand what is FACT and what is NOT fact, what is opinion, and what is NOT opinion.

FACT, none of my characters (I own the $#@!ing game) looked like that girl crying when I was controlling the characters walking them around. Graphic quality was NOT the same, animation was NOT the same, FACT FACT FACT. And fact, deal with it Two.

Cutscenes, yes. Intro movie yes.
    Are you mad?

Heavy rain passed the tech demo. Buy a new tv and get your eyes checked.

Soldier 95B
    Are you mad?

Heavy rain passed the tech demo. End of your worthless runaround crap. Buy a new tv and get your eyes checked.
    Not mad, just laughing if you think the actual game play controlling the characters look like the tech demo graphics and animation, We wish we had your copy.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Nice way to sell a game and more sound awesome, when all it is

Just a wee bit better looking
    Last edited by claud3; 08-30-2013 at 16:04.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Sage
    Not mad, just laughing if you think the actual game play controlling the characters look like the tech demo graphics and animation, We wish we had your copy.
    You're not laughing. You're hurt inside that MS has the weaker console next gen and your attempt of downplaying it isn't working. You don't post evidence. You provide meaningless opinions and lies against facts.

As for the topic of heavy rain, you have yet again not provided any proof to show that it doesn't look better than the tech demo.

10. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    You're not laughing.
    I am!

You're hurt inside that MS has the weaker console next gen
    They had the weaker console this gen too, and I still love both consoles, lol.

and your attempt of downplaying it isn't working.
    It's a fact. Play the game. No downplaying here, lol. Halo Reach didn't look anything like it's tech demo and "game engine" intro and cutscenes during gameplay when controlling the characters either. I guess I am downplaying them too? LOL

You don't post evidence. You provide meaningless opinions and lies against facts.
    I post fact. Should I post evidence that the sky is blue too? I guess, if you insist, I will take a picture of Heavy Rain while controlling the characters tonight for $#@!s and giggles for you

As for the topic of heavy rain, you have yet again not provided any proof to show that it doesn't look better than the tech demo.
    Correct, I have not provided any proof on this forum in this section that the tech demo graphics and animations do match that of actual game play while controlling the characters in the actual game.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post

So basically, Shadow Fall can push better looking character models while using fewer polys.

It seems the story to take away here is that GG is more efficient.
    I don't see the point of posting bullshots of Killzone for comparisons.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Seen both games in action and i can safely say, That each game creators have a different Artist approach to how their games should look

But this will go on and on and on over the course of this next gen and we will hear that this game has more polycons than this game and this game frame-rate is better than this game

Just realise that, one game will always be better than another. Because the creators have found a unique art style that others have not

So lets face it, one game will always have better graphics and better Frame-rate than another and this comparing rubbish will always continue despite of that fact
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    You're not laughing. You're hurt inside that MS has the weaker console next gen and your attempt of downplaying it isn't working. You don't post evidence. You provide meaningless opinions and lies against facts.

There's something distinctly off about someone asking for evidence, while asserting something that has none.
    Just sayin.

P.S. I don't really care about the Heavy Rain argument, but if your going to supposition someone, you need make sure you don't undermine your own argument.
    Last edited by mynd; 08-30-2013 at 15:30.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    lol now we want to get technical

fyi (just saying), QD always surpasses there tech demos soooooo....
    No, he did that when he posted the bullshots...lol Big difference between that and actual gameplay. It's not my fault that cutscenes and tech demos are confused with actual gameplay.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    That is how QD's games play though, that's why they look so good. Those "cutscenes" are sometimes even on when you can control your character. Heavy Rain looks better than The Casting.

Substance, why are you praising the facial animations in Ryse if that isn't actual gameplay?

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Seeing as this argument wont end anytime soon...

Two..thats a bullshot you posted of Two Souls, not sure if you knew it or not, but it is.

Still a gorgeous game, but no where near that shot in game. In fact I'd go so far as to say, its nothing distinctly special in comparison to other titles out there.
    Last edited by mynd; 08-30-2013 at 15:41.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    The Casting.
    Hmm..is that a game? I googled, but I am not sure I am getting the right hits?

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    The casting was the tech demo QD used to show off the tech that eventually spawned Heavy Rain. It was just a video of a woman talking to the camera, and eventually pulling a gun. It was cool, and HR DID look better than it.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    The casting was the tech demo QD used to show off the tech that eventually spawned Heavy Rain. It was just a video of a woman talking to the camera, and eventually pulling a gun. It was cool, and HR DID look better than it.
    Ah, ok..so that was the name of the tech demo for HD, cool. Yeah, the cutscenes look awesome in that game (Heavy Rain is in my top 3 games this gen). But that tech didn't roll into the actual character controls when playing the game. But we see that with every game. Just like Two Souls.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Ah, ok..so that was the name of the tech demo for HD, cool. Yeah, the cutscenes look awesome in that game (Heavy Rain is in my top 3 games this gen). But that tech didn't roll into the actual character controls when playing the game. But we see that with every game. Just like Two Souls.

yeah it was definitely different once you actually CONTROLLED the character, still looks awesome though.

I don't see why people get so $#@!ing defensive when people separate cutscenes from actual gameplay

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Still sad that we are arguing over this and not understanding that each game created is different and frame-rate and poly counts are different..

Money is the massive factor, that makes games look the way they do and it always comes down to

HOW MUCH MONEY ARE THEY WILLING TO SPEND and WHAT RETURN WILL THEY GET FROM THEIR INVESTMENT

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol I see a lot of salty faces in here.

Fact: the dark sorcerer model > ryse model!

It's not like that ryse model will be what you will control ingame.

Whoever made this thread to $#@! on killzone, well it didn't work out how you thought it would

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Soldier 95B
    It's not like that ryse model will be what you will control ingame.
    Looks like we are on the same page for once. I don't understand why people don't get that.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Seeing as this argument wont end anytime soon...

Two..thats a bullshot you posted of Two Souls, not sure if you knew it or not, but it is.

Still a gorgeous game, but no where near that shot in game. In fact I'd go so far as to say, its nothing distinctly special in comparison to other titles out there.
    Ok, wasn't aware of that.
    Well here are some screens from E3 which aren't too shabby either.

And check out the vid from Gamescom, it looks almost real at the 52sec screen

Soldier 95B
    QD is amazing, which is why I will be getting that game on day one.

Thread Information