Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 244
  1. #51
    PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,110
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    36,483 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol.... What counts is what the devs can do with it. Its all about the games. So far from what ive seen, I would say both have impressive looking games. I'm not a tech guru but i know that graph doesn't tell the whole story about overall performance.
    Maybe this will explain it better.

    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  2. Likes Lefein likes this post
  3. #52
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,803
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,555 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    and that's the PC environment right? that's pretty cool if it has real world performance like that.
    That's why you really gotta tune out what the doubters are saying lately. They've been waiting for months now for something "bad" to happen to the PS4 so they can go on a full-swing rampage. The truth of the matter is that they are not just a little bit off-logic, they are WAY out there on this. If the XBox One got an extra 4GBs of memory, magically, it would only serve to even the tables in all honesty.. But, there's no overcoming the amount of CUs the PS4 has in it's GPU, anyways.

    IF the PS4 truly was using 7GBs for games, that would be the effective equivalent of 14GBs of XBone memory. Word up.
    Last edited by Lefein; 07-27-2013 at 18:59.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

  4. #53
    Superior Member
    TrUe GaMeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    598
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    2,726 (0 Banked)
    Sony will come out and confirm the number good or bad when MS does so, not a moment before. They can't do anything first.

  5. #54
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,923
    Rep Power
    137
    Points
    63,037 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    Sony will come out and confirm the number good or bad when MS does so, not a moment before. They can't do anything first.
    Lol! Who revealed first?!




    Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

  6. #55
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,548
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,711 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    That's why you really gotta tune out what the doubters are saying lately. They've been waiting for months now for something "bad" to happen to the PS4 so they can go on a full-swing rampage. The truth of the matter is that they are not just a little bit off-logic, they are WAY out there on this.
    Sony reserving more RAM for the OS isn't a bad thing. It's just people are taking it that way. It's smart that they did that. It's better to be safe than sorry. If developers are ok with it then gamers should be. Like I said before, it doesn't matter except for maybe bragging rights.

  7. #56
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,803
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,555 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    Sony will come out and confirm the number good or bad when MS does so, not a moment before. They can't do anything first.
    And I think you may just be right. Sony doesn't want to start chipping away at Data if it means they will be shuffled out of the cards on something big.

    It wouldn't surprise me at all if Leadbetter was beating the war drum to smoke Sony out of its hole on something unrelated to gaming that neither MS nor Sony have been talking about.

    Let's call a spade a spade here for a moment. Have YOU seen the XBox One doing anything that makes you think "jeez, I bet that uses a ton of memory"? Something is up, and Leadbetter has been MSes lapdog for a minute. He wanted to drum this up and the timing is just right.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

  8. #57
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,992
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    9,826 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Sony reserving more RAM for the OS isn't a bad thing. It's just people are taking it that way. It's smart that they did that. It's better to be safe than sorry. If developers are ok with it then gamers should be. Like I said before, it doesn't matter except for maybe bragging rights.
    And that **** clearly gets under a lot of folks skin. It's going to be fun times coming up.




  9. #58
    Administrator
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,039
    Rep Power
    84
    Points
    229,357 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Sony reserving more RAM for the OS isn't a bad thing. It's just people are taking it that way. It's smart that they did that. It's better to be safe than sorry. If developers are ok with it then gamers should be. Like I said before, it doesn't matter except for maybe bragging rights.
    indeed, i would hazard both Sony and MS are reserving RAM cautiously in the event they need to add something post launch.

    its simple to give away reserved RAM, it's nigh on impossible to take it back.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  10. #59
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,803
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,555 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    indeed, i would hazard both Sony and MS are reserving RAM cautiously in the event they need to add something post launch.

    its simple to give away reserved RAM, it's nigh on impossible to take it back.
    And MS has everything to gain by having a ****-storm come out on the PS4's RAM usage right before launch so that way they can show off the full feature set of the XBox One while the PS4 is painted into a corner.

    Sony has every right not to flinch on the subject for now. Game developers are not running into any issues with the RAM.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

  11. #60
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,928
    Rep Power
    180
    Points
    74,021 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    And MS has everything to gain by having a ****-storm come out on the PS4's RAM usage right before launch so that way they can show off the full feature set of the XBox One while the PS4 is painted into a corner.

    Sony has every right not to flinch on the subject for now. Game developers are not running into any issues with the RAM.
    let's hope that is the reason and it's not because the OS is bloated.

  12. #61
    Newbie

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    813 (0 Banked)
    Even though i was disappointed by the rumour might be being true, it still is the stronger, cheaper machine. Stronger gpu and faster ram.
    But i will be hugely disappointed if 2 cores and 3gb ram is really being used for the os. I mean xbox has a reason to use that amount. And Sony is meant to cater for the gamers, not os. seriously id rather take a simple os like ps3 and more space for games.
    seriously doubt it will use more than 2gb of ram. I mean a decent linux set up wont be more than 1.5

    id bet on 6gb minimum for games.
    And for now we dont need more than 4.5-5 really.

    but again seriously sony sort it out. Smaller os please.

  13. #62
    Apprentice
    XtraTrstrL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    4,813 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    And MS has everything to gain by having a ****-storm come out on the PS4's RAM usage right before launch so that way they can show off the full feature set of the XBox One while the PS4 is painted into a corner.

    Sony has every right not to flinch on the subject for now. Game developers are not running into any issues with the RAM.
    Yeah, remember how long Sony waited before saying anything on the DRM issue? They took their sweet time, just like with this. If it is true, they basically have the same amount of RAM for games as Xbone right now, and I feel will almost definitely give back more ram over time. I don't see them needing that much even in the long run. It's true though, no developers have complained about lack of ram yet, it's been quite the opposite, so, we'll just have to wait for word from Sony for it all to be completely sorted out.

  14. #63
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,548
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,711 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    And that **** clearly gets under a lot of folks skin. It's going to be fun times coming up.
    Not mine. I think it's funny though. It makes as much sense as jumping in a river to avoid getting wet from rainfall....lol As long I'm getting some great games it's fun times.

  15. #64
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,803
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,555 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Let's do some math, boys and girls.
    4.5
    x

    =



    Now, do you see why I've been Nyancatting my way through this "controversy"? The next time someone says they cancelled their PS4 preorder, just smile. They will be coming back.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

  16. #65
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    13,774
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    25,211 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol probably didn't preorder in the first place

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

  17. #66
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,548
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,711 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Let's do some math, boys and girls.
    4.5
    x

    =



    Now, do you see why I've been Nyancatting my way through this "controversy"? The next time someone says they cancelled their PS4 preorder, just smile. They will be coming back.
    I'm still cancelling my pre-order. This is a deal breaker for me. Sony has lost focus dedicating this much RAM to the OS.

  18. Likes Lefein likes this post
  19. #67
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,923
    Rep Power
    137
    Points
    63,037 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol probably didn't preorder in the first place

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    This.




    Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

  20. #68
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,787
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    155,805 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Maybe this will explain it better.
    +rep

  21. #69
    Veteran
    Kauldron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,091
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    5,838 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Subjective. I would say both consoles are closer than ever now.All those advantages PS4 had have pretty much vanished now. Unless MS has less RAM available for devs which I doubt.
    No.

    RAM was never the deciding factor in the power balance between the two. People were all giddy about the 8 Gb GDDR5 because that amount of video RAM had never even been heard of in PC's. I think the NVidia Titan, their latest, boasts 5 or 6 Gb GDDR5.

    Xbone was never even in the ballpark with DDR3. Now the RAM is about the same amount except it is still DDR3 vs. GDDR5. Advantage PS4.
    So, lets also not forget RAM layout. Xbone is non-unified. PS4 is unified. Advantage PS4.

    Now, lets deal with what really matters in producing graphics. The GPU. PS4 has a significantly stronger GPU. Advantage PS4.

    CPU's are pretty much a wash execpt PS4 has the advantage of unified memory. Advantage PS4. (I'm even overlooking the fetch ability of its very own little bus. )


    Chin up though. This is still bad news for the PS4, so not all is lost. People really wanted to see what could be done with 7 whole giggs of GDDR5.
    Last edited by Kauldron; 07-27-2013 at 20:12.
    _______________________________________________

    _______________________________________________

  22. #70
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,548
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,711 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    No.

    RAM was never the deciding factor in the power balance between the two. People were all giddy about the 8 Gb GDDR5 because that amount of video RAM had never even been heard of in PC's. I think the NVidia Titan, their latest, boasts 5 or 6 Gb GDDR5.

    Xbone was never even in the ballpark with DDR3. Now the RAM is about the same amount except it is still DDR3 vs. GDDR5. Advantage PS4.
    So, lets also not forget RAM layout. Xbone is non-unified. PS4 is unified. Advantage PS4.

    Now, lets deal with what really matters in producing graphics. The GPU. PS4 has a significantly stronger GPU. Advantage PS4.

    CPU's are pretty much a wash execpt PS4 has the advantage of unified memory. Advantage PS4. (I'm even overlooking the fetch ability of its very own little bus. )


    Chin up though. This is still bad news for the PS4, so not all is lost. People really wanted to see what could be done with 7 whole giggs of GDDR5.
    You just proved my point about bragging rights perfectly. Now go look at the games and point out the advantages there.

  23. #71
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,803
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,555 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    You just proved my point about bragging rights perfectly. Now go look at the games and point out the advantages there.
    Tall order considering no next-gen games have gone gold, yet.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

  24. #72
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,787
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    155,805 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol probably didn't preorder in the first place Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

  25. #73
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,992
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    9,826 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    You just proved my point about bragging rights perfectly. Now go look at the games and point out the advantages there.
    And you fall under Phase 4. You say weaker specs don't matter but constantly try and downplay the advantages of the stronger console.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 07-27-2013 at 20:41.




  26. Likes Kauldron likes this post
  27. #74
    Veteran
    Kauldron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,091
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    5,838 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    You just proved my point about bragging rights perfectly. Now go look at the games and point out the advantages there.
    I'm sorry. I didn't know facts were bragging rights. I was just responding to your statement about advantages. Oh I didn't see anything in your statement about games. In fact, it said nothing about games at all.

    Ok, let's backpeddle your statement to about games.

    Yea buddy, the games look great. Thumbs up.


    EDIT: For those that care, GAF insiders are confirming that it is 6 Gb used for games. I would have liked to have seen 7 but 6 is not bad.
    Last edited by Kauldron; 07-27-2013 at 20:49.
    _______________________________________________

    _______________________________________________

  28. #75
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,548
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,711 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Originally Posted by YoungMullah88
    Lol probably didn't preorder in the first place
    hell no I didn't pre-order. I'm waiting till next year for my PS4.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    I'm sorry. I didn't know facts were bragging rights. I was just responding to your statement about advantages. Oh I didn't see anything in your statement about games. In fact, it said nothing about games at all.

    Ok, let's backpeddle your statement to about games.

    Yea buddy, the games look great. Thumbs up.


    EDIT: For those that care, GAF insiders are confirming that it is 6 Gb used for games. I would have liked to have seen 7 but 6 is not bad.
    Insiders are confirming now?....By the end of the day it will be 7 again...lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    And you fall under Phase 4. You say weaker specs don't matter but constantly try and downplay the advantages of the stronger console.
    i don't downplay anything concerning specs because I don't know enough about the stuff. We all know specs matter but what comes out of the specs matters more. Its all about the games.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-27-2013 at 21:02.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.