Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Xbox One to have unlimited cloud storage

Microsoft's gaming console, the Xbox One, has now had yet another new feature revealed: unlimited cloud storage.
    It's no secret that Microsoft has one of the most powerful cloud services with Azure, SkyDrive and other products and services, and the cloud is being used extensively with the Xbox One to power some of the computing and rendering processes, but that's not all. Another lesser-known use of the cloud for the device is that it can be utilized as an extension of the hard drive, storing and retrieving game data.
    While this feature is not an entirely new one as it existed previously on the Xbox 360 with the caveat that it could only store game data and achievements due to being limited to 512 MB of storage, it does come with some drastic changes on the One. A few of them include the storage limit being upped to infinity, and the file types being stored becoming more diversified. The release by Microsoft reads as follows;
    Xbox Live offers Xbox One unlimited storage space in the cloud for all Xbox Live members to store numerous types of Xbox Live content, including your profile, games, Achievements and entertainment. This content is stored and saved in the cloud so you can automatically access it anywhere, anytime, no matter where you are
    Previous generation Xbox users had to subscribe to an Xbox Live Gold account to be able to make use of this feature, Microsoft has now stated that this service will now be available for all users whether Gold or Silver.
    Along with the hint that some of the family sharing features might return as well as opening up the store to indie developers, the Xbox One may launch as a viable product and indeed sell as muchas analysts predict.
    http://www.neowin.net/news/xbox-one-...-cloud-storage
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-30-2013 at 23:36.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    You don't say? The music, games, and movies that you buy off of xbl will be saved in the "unlimited cloud"? Oh and gamesaves too? Lol, so basically like it works now but unlimited to all live users

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    box Live offers Xbox One unlimited storage space in the cloud for all Xbox Live members to store numerous types of Xbox Live content, including your profile, games, Achievements and entertainment. This content is stored and saved in the cloud so you can automatically access it anywhere, anytime, no matter where you are
    nice that it is now unlimited. another great use for the cloud.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    You don't say? The music, games, and movies that you buy off of xbl will be saved in the "unlimited cloud"? Oh and gamesaves too? Lol, so basically like it works now but unlimited to all live users Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Yep, pretty much.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-28-2013 at 16:44.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Game saves and profile are all that actually get "STORED" up there... this "cloud" storage is such a PR word lol.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Game saves and profile are all that actually get "STORED" up there... this "cloud" storage is such a PR word lol.
    Not according to this:

Xbox Live offers Xbox One unlimited storage space in the cloud for all Xbox Live members to store numerous types of Xbox Live content, including your profile, games, Achievements and entertainment.

Soldier 95B
    Didn't take but a single post to bring in the negativity hammer. Rock on and keep up the good work!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Didn't take but a single post to bring in the negativity hammer. Rock on and keep up the good work!
    Yea, it's pretty clear they didn't read it anyway.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Not according to this:
    Read what you quoted! Items PURCHASED off of live lol. It's not like I can IMPORT all my media to the hdd and then store them in the "CLOUD", it has to be content PURCHASED from the live store. So how is this any different? Except for them making it accessible to all live users (not just gold members) and allowing for INFINITE storage? If the content is already in the "CLOUD", shouldnt it be a no brainer that you can access your content from other devices?

Koaster style! Lol...anyways, the only new content you're storing up there will be your game saves

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 07-30-2013 at 02:03.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Not according to this:
    YoungMullah explained it pretty well. All the content is already there, just like it is now. It's PR statement to say that all your entertainment will be in the cloud lol. What they are actually saving from your console, so that you can access it anywhere, is what is going in the cloud. Everything else is already there regardless whether you purchase it or not.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    lies, plain and simple
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Wouldn't call it a lie, Just pr spin nothing more.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Wouldn't call it a lie, Just pr spin nothing more.

Yep, that's all it is. Promoting what is already available lol. Well, they did include "unlimited" storage... as if there was a cap before.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    So self promotion to an ability we have
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    It's not lies, it just simply is what it says. What you purchase on XBL will be accessible via the cloud storage. Game saves and your profiles, etc. will be as well. I'm pretty sure that's what the 360 does now, like PSN+ except that they're adding the games and video/audio that you may purchase via XBL as well. That's pretty cool.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Forum Sage
    Read what you quoted! Items PURCHASED off of live lol. It's not like I can IMPORT all my media to the hdd and then store them in the "CLOUD", it has to be content PURCHASED from the live store. So how is this any different? Except for them making it accessible to all live users (not just gold members) and allowing for INFINITE storage? If the content is already in the "CLOUD", shouldnt it be a no brainer that you can access your content from other devices?

Koaster style! Lol...anyways, the only new content you're storing up there will be your game saves

I never said it wasn't items not purchased off Live. . I quoted that part because Fear said that :
    Originally Posted by F34R
    Game saves and profile are all that actually get "STORED" up there.
    So I just pointed out that it's more diversified than before:

it does come with some drastic changes on the One. A few of them include the storage limit being upped to infinity, and the file types being stored becoming more diversified.

Xbox Live offers Xbox One unlimited storage space in the cloud for all Xbox Live members to store numerous types of Xbox Live content, including your profile, games, Achievements and entertainment.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I never said it wasn't items not purchased off Live. . I quoted that part because Fear said that :

So I just pointed out that it's more diversified than before:
    no different from today.

Forum Sage
    no different from today.
    You can't store games on it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    LOL. Whatever. PR and nothing more. If I buy a digital game on this console. Go to a friends house, log into my account, I can download the game there, and play it. It isn't STORED on the cloud per se, as that term is being spun as PR, plain and simple.

Actual use of the cloud is for items that aren't originally there; i.e. game saves, profiles, etc. Games and media are always in the "cloud", right now.

Forum Sage
    LOL. Whatever. PR and nothing more. If I buy a digital game on this console. Go to a friends house, log into my account, I can download the game there, and play it. It isn't STORED on the cloud per se, as that term is being spun as PR, plain and simple.

Actual use of the cloud is for items that aren't originally there; i.e. game saves, profiles, etc. Games and media are always in the "cloud", right now.
    Not on xbox360. You can only do game saves. When you download a demo or game it doesn't even give you the cloud as an option.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Not on xbox360. You can only do game saves. When you download a demo or game it doesn't even give you the cloud as an option.
    facepalm.

Dude. you're sucked into this term of cloud...

It doesn't need to give me the option. The freakin' data is on their servers, aka cloud.

On the Xbox One, when I download a game, and do some cloud option, it isn't uploading my game to the cloud. The game is already there, just like it is today.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    yeah you can... every 360 game i ever bought is stored on XBL servers ("the cloud"!)... if i wanna play it i just dl it back to my HDD... its exactly the same... Its just spun so it seems like the cloud is a personal storage... its not. i cant upload all my music and movies from my PC. if you wanna play a game... it still has to be off your HDD (so you have to DL from the cloud... unless you can store all your games on the cloud and run them without them being on your HDD...)
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Forum Sage
    facepalm.

Dude. you're sucked into this term of cloud...

It doesn't need to give me the option. The freakin' data is on their servers, aka cloud.

On the Xbox One, when I download a game, and do some cloud option, it isn't uploading my game to the cloud. The game is already there, just like it is today.
    I know that all info is stored in the cloud. Now, you have the option as a user to save a game on your hard drive or use the cloud. We don't have that right now with xbox360. The cloud doesn't store your personal game. It only stores user information related to the game....meaning it knows if you have downloaded and played it before.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Lol...I guess the pr department did a great job with this one

Forum Sage
    Lol...I guess the pr department did a great job with this one

No, it's just some of you just can't seem to get it. It's not exactly the same as xbox-360.

Thread Information