Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli

News: Racism a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?

Teen flash mob robs store

http://news.msn.com/videos/?ap=True&...9-62a786fe447b

I was watching this news piece on MSNBC.com when I noticed that every single one of the kids was black. It's terrible that we have racism against African Americans here in White America, but this kind of thing definitely doesn't help the image of the black community.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lack of education and two parent homes... that's the problem with those people.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Teen flash mob robs store

http://news.msn.com/videos/?ap=True&...9-62a786fe447b

I was watching this news piece on MSNBC.com when I noticed that every single one of the kids was black. It's terrible that we have racism against African Americans here in White America, but this kind of thing definitely doesn't help the image of the black community.
    I am struck speechless by the sheer stupidity of this statement.

4. Likes Lebowski , mistercrow likes this post
    ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

News: Racism a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?

Referring to them all as the "black community" is really not helping the situation. When white people commit crimes, we don't say "oh man, that really gives a bad image to the "white community"... because that sounds ridiculous. Even if some large percentage of some race does something, it is still immensely ridiculous to group all of them together. That's a form of racism itself, in my eyes. If we stop looking at people as a race or as a color... and start looking at everyone as equal human beings, we can start moving forward. But even when people aren't intentionally trying to sound racist, they don't realize how racist they sound with some of the comments I hear. I don't see people as anything but people.

Also "White America" is a term that desperately needs to die.
    "Courage is the key to life.”

6. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Referring to them all as the "black community" is really not helping the situation. When white people commit crimes, we don't say "oh man, that really gives a bad image to the "white community"... because that sounds ridiculous. Even if some large percentage of some race does something, it is still immensely ridiculous to group all of them together. That's a form of racism itself, in my eyes. If we stop looking at people as a race or as a color... and start looking at everyone as equal human beings, we can start moving forward. But even when people aren't intentionally trying to sound racist, they don't realize how racist they sound with some of the comments I hear. I don't see people as anything but people. Also "White America" is a term that desperately needs to die.
    +rep

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I am struck speechless by the sheer stupidity of this statement.
    It seems to be a reoccurring trend that you always throw around such meaningless insults, and that is why your opinion gets denoted every time.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Referring to them all as the "black community" is really not helping the situation. When white people commit crimes, we don't say "oh man, that really gives a bad image to the "white community"... because that sounds ridiculous. Even if some large percentage of some race does something, it is still immensely ridiculous to group all of them together. .
    If a large percentage of a particular race "does something" and you do not address it as a racial issue, then you'll NEVER correct the problem. Quite the opposite, you're helping to perpetuate it.

Racism in America is a complicated issue, but at the most basic level it comes down to the differences between races. In order to eliminate racism you have to eliminate the differences that cause conflict. You'll NEVER be able to do that if your attitude is to stick your head in the sand and pretend the problem doesn't exist.

Now, here is a FACT. 4 of them in fact....

•Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
    •Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
    •Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
    •Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Tell me, how are you going to change those statistics without addressing the Black Community separately from whites?

Flash mobs of black kids causing crime is a problem specifically within the black community. And it is the BLACK COMMUNITY because these are dozens to hundreds of kids, which have dozens to hundreds of parents who should have taught them better, and dozens to hundreds of community leaders who are supposed to be providing them with education, morals, and direction in life. The black community let these kids down, and the whole community is suffering from it.

And I will absolutely stand behind the problem laying squarely with the black community unless you can convince me that the black community is open to the idea of whites, hispanics, and asians coming in to their community and schools and tell them what they are doing wrong.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 07-28-2013 at 05:29.

10. Likes hoverbike, Lebowski likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    This particular crime isn't racist its people saying certain things about it that is.

Years ago A local corner shop outside my school gates always got flash mobbed at lunch time, things got stolen I guarantee it.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-28-2013 at 05:20.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    It seems to be a reoccurring trend that you always throw around such meaningless insults, and that is why your opinion gets denoted every time.
    Let me ask you, did you put any meaningful thought when making such a ridiculous statement? Let me re-quote it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli
    It's terrible that we have racism against African Americans here in White America
    Why? How? How did our country today suddenly become "WHITE" America? Did we go back in time or something? Stop living in the past dammit. What really annoys the hell out of me is seeing people like you LABEL whites as some kind of an oppression group of people. America is made up of a variety of races from all over the world. Either they're white, African American, Asian, Hispanic, Arabs, you name it. Why is it now considered "White" America? What silly agenda are you working with man? Want to know who the biggest racists are against African Americans? It's African Americans. Don't believe me? Start making observations and stop bending over to what the media feeds you.

13. Likes MartyRules, mistercrow likes this post
    Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Oh $#@!, I can see the direction this thread is going to end up in.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 970 GTX | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Is there a way to lock this thread? It feels like I made a mistake posting this on this forum.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Is there a way to lock this thread? It feels like I made a mistake posting this on this forum.
    You gotta wait for one of the staff to do it. Why don't you pm one of them?
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 970 GTX | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

17. Likes Foraeli likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Thanks! Will do!

Edit: I reported my own post. That's weird lol
    Last edited by Nerevar; 07-28-2013 at 06:58.

Finally You Are Free
    Closed per OP's request. PM a staffer if you want it back open.

Thread Information