Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    in that respect i agree...if it's just a broad conversation then that makes sense. so say like this thread, if you get upset with someone here and want me to close it down, i wouldn't agree with it if we hadn't come to a clear conclusion or if there's much more to be talked about or if others are still having discussion on it.
    I wouldn't see any reason to close this thread. Even after we've all come to terms with it. Someone else can come along and add their two cents. Closing it doesn't do any good.

Basically, let's get rid of users requesting threads be closed, unless special circumstances exist.

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    I know we love discussing hypotheticals but any future threads that request to be closed from now on will be looked at more carefully to find if there is enough justification to close it.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Im in the opinion if the thread is centered around a question, it should be up to the OP to close it or not. But if the thread is about news, or a problem, etc. it should be left open. Im sure Ive seen many old problem threads necrobumped cause some new guy had the same issue and wanted the fix/help.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    I know we love discussing hypotheticals but any future threads that request to be closed from now on will be looked at more carefully to find if there is enough justification to close it.
    Can you give us an idea of what justifications will warrant that request for a thread to be closed?

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Can you give us an idea of what justifications will warrant that request for a thread to be closed?
    well i think it would go back to my edit.
    edit: but then what if the person kept insisting that he/she wants it closed. it seems a little authoritative to me that we can't let them close threads (non-news) that they created. it could possibly discourage them from making more threads, which is also a bad thing for the forums.
    discouraging someone from making more threads would also be against the idea of having a forum.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    well i think it would go back to my edit.

discouraging someone from making more threads would also be against the idea of having a forum.
    I don't think it would discourage them. Having the option to continue a discussion that interests them, or to create a new thread is better than only having the option to start a new thread. Closing a thread, with nothing that actually warrants a thread to be closed, would actually discourage more thread creation because they wouldn't want their threads to be closed for apparent reason.

It goes both ways.

The concept of keeping threads open is more beneficial to the forums than closing threads.
    Last edited by F34R; 07-29-2013 at 05:15.

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    I haven't discussed this with the other admins (just getting back from a long weekend) but for the time being every request that we receive to close a thread will be discussed with the OP and if we can't find a good justification for closing it, we won't.
    I'm not writing a list of scenarios where we would close it right now lol however temp or perm locks will most likely be used in situations of constant flaming, Ill get back to you on that. But for now we are not gonna close a thread simply because the OP requested.

Forum Overseer
    I don't think it would discourage them. Having the option to continue a discussion that interests them, or to create a new thread is better than only having the option to start a new thread. Closing a thread, with nothing that actually warrants a thread to be closed, would actually discourage more thread creation because they wouldn't want their threads to be closed for apparent reason.

It goes both ways.
    i'm a little confused. why would someone be discouraged to have their threads closed when they'd have to request for it to be done first?

to reiterate. as an example, if we don't allow you to close this thread for whatever reason and you insist that you want it closed. next time you may not be willing to make another one because you do not agree with us having authority over it.

The concept of keeping threads open is more beneficial to the forums than closing threads.
    overall i agree with this sentiment but i think there are definitely exceptions.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    I haven't discussed this with the other admins (just getting back from a long weekend) but for the time being every request that we receive to close a thread will be discussed with the OP and if we can't find a good justification for closing it, we won't.
    I'm not writing a list of scenarios where we would close it right now lol however temp or perm locks will most likely be used in situations of constant flaming, Ill get back to you on that. But for now we are not gonna close a thread simply because the OP requested.
    I gotcha.
    i'm a little confused. why would someone be discouraged to have their threads closed when they'd have to request for it to be done first?

to reiterate. as an example, if we don't allow you to close this thread for whatever reason and you insist that you want it closed. next time you may not be willing to make another one because you do not agree with us having authority over it.

overall i agree with this sentiment but i think there are definitely exceptions.
    It's discouraging to see threads are closed. It's a visual presence in the forums to see thread titles you're interested in, yet, it's a closed thread. Some people will sort through it and understand why it was closed, others will only see it as closed and move on.

These are all hypothetical at this point, but the reality is that closed threads promote less than open threads.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I completely agree. I don't like how a user can request a thread be closed. It seems unnecessary. Not to mention the op is basically dictating the rules for the thread. I say leave it up to the staff to close. If the thread is out of hand it will get closed.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I completely agree. I don't like how a user can request a thread be closed. It seems unnecessary. Not to mention the op is basically dictating the rules for the thread. I say leave it up to the staff to close. If the thread is out of hand it will get closed.
    It also depends on the thread though, I agree with most threads not being able to be closed by OP but duplicate threads or competition/giveaway threads should be exempt from this rule.

Thank you itachi

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    It also depends on the thread though, I agree with most threads not being able to be closed by OP but duplicate threads or competition/giveaway threads should be exempt from this rule.
    Yeah those two situations I have no problem with. But that is honestly the only scenario that I can think of.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information