I wanted to post this thread to inspire anyone on PSU or anyone who reads it. Feel free to comment on it or even post inspirations from your life's journey as well.

The Miracle

My brother in law married to my sister was diagnosed with lung cancer about 8 years ago. His prognosis was not good. He received chemo and took many pills for his blackouts and seizures, somehow caused by the cancer migrating to his brain (I don't know all the details, but that's the gist of it). For years, he battled cancer.

Now, it's been 3 years since he has been declared cancer free. He's grateful to be alive and that it's gone. He still has to take some medicines, but he'd rather take a few pills a day than be receiving chemo and not knowing if he's going to live.

It is a miracle he is alive.

I hope this story doesn't offend anyone else with cancer or anyone who knows someone with cancer in any way. I'm not looking down on other people battling cancer, I hope this story encourages them to keep fighting. My brother in law wasn't just fighting for himself, he was fighting for my two nieces and his wife, his family. I hope this will encourage them to never give in or give up.

Inspirational Story

My freshman year of high school, I was diagnosed with a mental illness. As a result of the illness, I fought a lot in school and my grades crashed. I was suspended two to three times per year for fighting. My high school GPA went from me being a valedictorian candidate to me failing my first class in my life and my resulting GPA being a 2.88. I was not allowed back into my high school.

Many things happened to me over the years, many tears were shed. I went through a lot to get stabilized. My parents cried, my family and friends cried, and sometimes I cry. I hurt because of the things I said when I was not in my right mind. I now know to let it go, I wasn't myself.

I am happy to announce it's been 5 years since I've put my hands on someone and been in a fight. I've been stabilized on my meds for 5 years.

My mental illness will never go away, it is incurable. I will ALWAYS need my meds and therapy. However, I will NEVER let my sickness defeat me. NEVER. I will keep fighting as long as I can. If my meds were to stop working, then I'd even try clinic trials. I'd do what's necessary to keep going.

Now, I'm in college and on the verge of getting a degree, a bachelor's degree. I am halfway there, just 2-3 more years. I also boost a 3.55 college GPA.

People have been there for me, encouraging me, but only I have to want to make it to succeed. People support me, but it's my life and I have to do the work. I understand that more than ever now.

When I graduate, I plan on going to dental school. Even now I have the grades to be competitive when applying to dental school. When I graduate and get accepted, I plan on posting a thread on PSU that I am a miracle, because then I would truly be a miracle.

So I hope this thread inspires people with sicknesses of any type, physical or mental, to keep going and don't give up on your dreams.

Thank you for reading!