Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation

Sony: Gamescom will be ps4 focused

Linky Link

With the buzz around PlayStation 4 building, 2013 continues to be one of the most exciting years ever for video games fans. A host of next generation titles were unveiled at the PlayStation Meeting 2013 and E3 2013. At gamescom in August 2013 the focus will be on PS4 and its games line-up once again.
    Very nice! I hope they show some new IPs! otherwise i would be pissed if they showed the same games again!

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    I hope so.

I don't want them wasting any time on the Vita. I hate that thing. Its a lost cause.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    I hope so.

I don't want them wasting any time on the Vita. I hate that thing. Its a lost cause.
    You should play Gravity Rush before saying such things. The Vita is a fantastic system, and it will be THE peripheral of choice for PS4 in time. Having said that, I'm glad Sony didn't follow Nintendo's lead by pouring so many resources into the 3DS that they have had next to nothing to really push the WiiU. THAT was a mistake that is costing them a lot.

4. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I hope so. I don't want them wasting any time on the Vita. I hate that thing. Its a lost cause.
    I agree. Thats why I sold my Vita quite awhile back. Sony needs to focus on showing us what they have coming up on PS4.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    gamescom has been better in almost every way than E3 for the past few years, so yeah I expect a good few announcements.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Gamescon, here I come!!

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    You should play Gravity Rush before saying such things. The Vita is a fantastic system, and it will be THE peripheral of choice for PS4 in time. Having said that, I'm glad Sony didn't follow Nintendo's lead by pouring so many resources into the 3DS that they have had next to nothing to really push the WiiU. THAT was a mistake that is costing them a lot.
    I don't like hand-helds at all. They're a waste of time for me, as when I'm on the go I have no need to be playing games and when I'm home I refuse to spend that time playing games on a tiny screen.

The Vita has good games. None of them that makes me wish to have it. Things like Soul Sacrifice and Gravity Rush are both games that I long wished were just PS3 only PSN downloadable titles as opposed to hand-held games.

Sony needs to just cede the hand-held market to Nintendo and make their home console library as big as they can with every one of their studios focusing on it, as opposed to being split.

About the only thing that I would play games on while I'm on the go is my tablet, and that's mostly because they're stupid little distraction games like Angry Birds, not serious commitments like God of War or Pokemon.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 07-29-2013 at 17:51.

9. Likes Dave-The-Rave , KungMartin90 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    It should be ps4 focused for sure, because ps4 will gain hearts and hurt enemies at most. But vita is my best travel friend so you all slow down
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    I don't like hand-helds at all. They're a waste of time for me, as when I'm on the go I have no need to be playing games and when I'm home I refuse to spend that time playing games on a tiny screen.

The Vita has good games. None of them that makes me wish to have it. Things like Soul Sacrifice and Gravity Rush are both games that I long wished were just PS3 only PSN downloadable titles as opposed to hand-held games.

Sony needs to just cede the hand-held market to Nintendo and make their home console library as big as they can with every one of their studios focusing on it, as opposed to being split.

About the only thing that I would play games on while I'm on the go is my tablet, and that's mostly because they're stupid little distraction games like Angry Birds, not serious commitments like God of War or Pokemon.

"Oh, I don't like handheld gaming so Sony should not even bother in handheld gaming, because everyone thinks the way I think, right?"

Seriously, I love my Vita and the games on it and I want Sony to keep developing games for it. For some people, it is nice to be able to game on the go.

12. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post

Thats good news. Hope to see some new ip and some japanese rpgs. Or they might leave that for tgs.

the vita is not a lost cause. Im gonna pick one up with reward points on ps4 launch. Im sure there will be some good games and the ability of playing ps4 games in the future sounds good for a handheld. Hope they show games tor the vita another time

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Some people will just get it to play their PS4 games on the go. Which was a Sony planned feature from the launch of the Vita, with it being designed side by side with the PS4.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    I'm personally okay with that. I love the vita, but it's not living up to it's potential anyway.

Ultimate Veteran
    Think of it this way, if you're going to be on-board with PS+ next-gen to play online games with your PS4, then all those free games you can get on Vita are going to waste. Eventually, the Vita will be in the $100 range or so. It will pay for itself in all the games you will end up having in your instant game collection by that point. Just food for thought.

Its install base will grow as more games come out, anyway. There will reach a point where you are just flat out mad for not having one. When that day comes, you can cry or buy. Again, though, I think Sony is absolutely right for focusing on PS4. The Vita will be a slow burn, but it is a fantastic system and there's no reason why Sony would need a next-gen handheld from it for a very long time. Maybe even all the way up to the end of the PS4 generation, in fact.

Dedicated Member
    Sony Video Director Ray Gutierrez......

"We blew it out of the park this year with E3 with PlayStation 4, but PlayStation Vita’s got so much more to go. We’ve got so much more love to show at the showcase. I can safely say Gamescom is going to be a PS Vita show."
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Sony NEEDED to get into the handheld market though, no matter how you look at it, that's where the Japanese gamers are now, just look at the Wii U. Hell did the PS3 even outsell the PSP for even a month straight up until Vita was released? They have some of SCEJ focusing on it and are getting a crapton of Japanese developer support on the Vita. It might be failing in the west, but in Japan it's making Sony plenty, all that 3rd party support would go to Nintendo otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post
    Sony Video Director Ray Gutierrez......

"We blew it out of the park this year with E3 with PlayStation 4, but PlayStation Vita’s got so much more to go. We’ve got so much more love to show at the showcase. I can safely say Gamescom is going to be a PS Vita show."
    Lies.

19. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Sony NEEDED to get into the handheld market though, no matter how you look at it, that's where the Japanese gamers are now, just look at the Wii U. Hell did the PS3 even outsell the PSP for even a month straight up until Vita was released? They have some of SCEJ focusing on it and are getting a crapton of Japanese developer support on the Vita. It might be failing in the west, but in Japan it's making Sony plenty, all that 3rd party support would go to Nintendo otherwise.

Lies.
    Hope you mean he's a liar not me??

It was said by him in an interview with HHG
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Think of it this way, if you're going to be on-board with PS+ next-gen to play online games with your PS4, then all those free games you can get on Vita are going to waste. Eventually, the Vita will be in the $100 range or so. It will pay for itself in all the games you will end up having in your instant game collection by that point. Just food for thought. Its install base will grow as more games come out, anyway. There will reach a point where you are just flat out mad for not having one. When that day comes, you can cry or buy. Again, though, I think Sony is absolutely right for focusing on PS4. The Vita will be a slow burn, but it is a fantastic system and there's no reason why Sony would need a next-gen handheld from it for a very long time. Maybe even all the way up to the end of the PS4 generation, in fact.
    Vita is an amazing bit of tech but Sony really needs to drop the price of those proprietary memory sticks. Maybe by the time Vita is $100 the memory sticks will be more reasonable. I would love to play Killzone Mercenaries.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Hope you mean he's a liar not me?? It was said by him in an interview with HHG
    Not that HHG again! (I'm joking ).

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Hope you mean he's a liar not me??

It was said by him in an interview with HHG
    Yeah was referring to him lol

It was obviously just PR, I think at this point Sony have given up on the Vita in terms of big 1st party developments after KZ and Tearaway it'll be indies all the way. No biggie though, PSP was pretty much the same, 3rd party Japanese devs will save it.

Veteran
    Good stuff as i get bored out my nut when they start going on about PS Vita
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    They don't need to focus solely on PS4. The vita still has plenty of life left in it and the fact that you can stream PS4 games to it is a strong selling point. More of a reason to get people excited about it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

I'm sure they will be focusing on all the ps4 of course and new titles for vita

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    "Oh, I don't like handheld gaming so Sony should not even bother in handheld gaming, because everyone thinks the way I think, right?"

Seriously, I love my Vita and the games on it and I want Sony to keep developing games for it. For some people, it is nice to be able to game on the go.
    He's not necessarily saying that hand-held gaming is a waste of time. He's just saying that Sony should hand it over to Nintendo, and focus only on home console gaming. If I interpreted it right?

He does have a point though, because Sony is nowhere near where it needs to be in the hand-held market, compared to Nintendo. But maybe just maybe Sony will turn the tables.

And I myself am like him (just on on a site note), I'm not into hand-held gaming, for the same reasons as him.

Anyway, I'm so excited for Gamescom! Can't wait to see some new gameplay of Infamous, Drive Club, Killzone SF and maybe even The Order 1886?
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 07-29-2013 at 19:51.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    He's not necessarily saying that hand-held gaming is a waste of time. He's just saying that Sony should hand it over to Nintendo, and focus only on home console gaming. If I interpreted it right? He does have a point though, because Sony is nowhere near where it needs to be in the hand-held market, compared to Nintendo. But maybe just maybe Sony will turn the tables. And I myself am like him (just on on a site note), I'm not into hand-held gaming, for the same reasons as him. Anyway, I'm so excited for Gamescom! Can't wait to see some new gameplay of Infamous, Drive Club, Killzone SF and maybe even The Order 1886?
    There supposed to be a new demo of Drive Club.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    Nice! I hope they'll announce a release date, and give more info on Kingdom Hearts 3.

Follow me on Twitter: @DaanvMonsjou

Thread Information