Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3

Lost all my games again!

Oh my God! Today I wanted to an old PS2 soccer game Winning Eleven 6 and my PS3 started freezing and I turned it off. After powering it on again. All of the sudden it stopped reading discs and I called Sony talked to a lady and she helped me to solve the problem by resetting the settings. The great news was the system have asked me to reformat the HDD and again I lost all my games. I have to redownload around 500GB of stuff again. Tomorrow I will buy a super slim PS3 and get over with this headache. This is the 3 time this has happened to me and I hope no one will ever experience this.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Been there a few times. I feel your pain. <.<
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    500GB of games is a lot!! I've been there but, with movies collection!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Been there a few times. I feel your pain. <.<
    Ohh brother don't mention it. I don't feel well tonight because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    500GB of games is a lot!! I've been there but, with movies collection!
    My problem is my friend is that Iam a collector and kept buying, buying, and buying stuff from the PSN network. I never thought that my PS3 will die lol.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    This is why physical media > Digital. I had to re-download indie games and movies after reformatting my PS3 a few years back. Not the best experience.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post

My problem is my friend is that Iam a collector and kept buying, buying, and buying stuff from the PSN network. I never thought that my PS3 will die lol.
    You can't say you are a collector and have all of them digital!! Collectors see value in their collections, sadly there is no value in digital library.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Sorry to hear that, what a $#@!.
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    After it happened the first time I wouldve just gotten a slim/super slim (which I did), any repairs are temporary for the phats.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    That sucks! And that's exactly why I won't ever go download only.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Elite Guru
    One of the reasons I stopped purchasing Digital downloads was the ridiculous amount of time I'd have to spend redownloading games when my system yellow lighted. I dont even have close to 500 GBs of data and it still took me a week and a half because the download list is such a badly designed process. It should be reformatted to separate out demos, Music and DLC from games so you can find things easier. The current store model seemed like it might fix the problem at first but it's too slow and also stupidly designed in a way that discourages multiple downloads. I swear someone in their online service department really needs a punch in the anus.

They KNOW systems die, if you have to set up a department to handle repair and refurbishing you should know people are going to have to redownload content, why not make it less of a headache? I don't see why they're so dead set on screwing people over a hardware failure that isn't the user's fault.

Veteran
    Yep same here, that's why I don't like to go digital only.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    You can't say you are a collector and have all of them digital!! Collectors see value in their collections, sadly there is no value in digital library.
    True but I have them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAZZMAZZ View Post
    Sorry to hear that, what a $#@!.
    I know man Iam sick today because of this crap. I might buy a super slim PS3 and switch my slim to use it for everything and just play discs on my phat one.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    After it happened the first time I wouldve just gotten a slim/super slim (which I did), any repairs are temporary for the phats.
    You are right friend but I never thought about having the same problem 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Yep same here, that's why I don't like to go digital only.
    Efffffffffffff man Iam kind lost today lol.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Do you really need to download all of it though? I mean, surely, you can't play 500 GB of games at the same time?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Meanwhile my launch day sega saturn is still going strong

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Do you really need to download all of it though? I mean, surely, you can't play 500 GB of games at the same time?
    That's what I was thinking. Download what you wanna play first then downloading everything else while playing those.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    $#@! that sucks.

Keeping DD for the Vita only (where prices permit) but man that is a tough pill to swallow. Good luck from here on out.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Don't download everything at once. Get it as you need it.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Sometimes when I get bored or not in the mood. I go back to play an old games or my friends will ask to help them with few games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Meanwhile my launch day sega saturn is still going strong
    That is great to hear friend.
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    $#@! that sucks.

Keeping DD for the Vita only (where prices permit) but man that is a tough pill to swallow. Good luck from here on out.
    Thanks friend and I just bought a super slim PS3 and I will use it for recording and download my stuff on it. My slim PS3 is connected via HDMI and I play on it and its for personal use. My phat one I will keep it to remember the black PS3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    Don't download everything at once. Get it as you need it.
    I will do that and Just I will start downloading few starting from download number item 1588 to 1.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    That sucks man. Digital Download saw the last of me when my 80GB MGS bundle PS3 went YLOD on me. The Sony rep said they would do me a "One-time" favor of allowing me to download a movie I purchased years ago. Pause... you're giving me a freebie on something I paid for? lol, child please.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    That sucks man. Digital Download saw the last of me when my 80GB MGS bundle PS3 went YLOD on me. The Sony rep said they would do me a "One-time" favor of allowing me to download a movie I purchased years ago. Pause... you're giving me a freebie on something I paid for? lol, child please.
    And that is the big $#@! you! moment for me with DD. It's just the license you're paying for. While technically legally it's the same thing now. At least I got my disc to do what the $#@! I want with it! Lol
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    Oh my God! Today I wanted to an old PS2 soccer game Winning Eleven 6 and my PS3 started freezing and I turned it off. After powering it on again. All of the sudden it stopped reading discs and I called Sony talked to a lady and she helped me to solve the problem by resetting the settings. The great news was the system have asked me to reformat the HDD and again I lost all my games. I have to redownload around 500GB of stuff again. Tomorrow I will buy a super slim PS3 and get over with this headache. This is the 3 time this has happened to me and I hope no one will ever experience this.
    I am so sorry to hear that, god how frustrating >< I don't blame you for wanting to just get rid of that thing all together. I have a slim myself, a 500GB, and have had no problems with it whatsoever

I think a digital collection has value? Just because It can't be traded doesn't mean that its not impressive or has value to the owner. Just the same as a collection of family photos has huge value

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Would take me around 19 hours assuming the disc is exactly 500GB and doesn't reserve any for the OS or loosing any due to 1000MB = 1GB ripoff.

I would let the cloud hold most of the games that I do not play, no point wasting the space and with my net it wouldn't take long to download anyway.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-08-2013 at 02:55.

Master Guru
    That's awful. I've been really lucky over the years with my PS3 consoles. I don't know what i'd do if something like that happened.

Thread Information