Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Debunked: Microsoft to re-introduce the XBone at a press event

Microsoft will ‘reintroduce’ the Xbox One at press event

Posted on 30th July 2013 - 2:29pm by Michelle

Microsoft will ‘reintroduce’ the Xbox One in a live press event that is intended as a fresh start in their relationship with the media and consumers. They will directly address the concerns about the Xbox One and start generating positive momentum in time for the November launch.
    According to an inside source after the E3 conference there was a massive and frantic ‘internal review’ of every aspect of the Xbox One compared to Sony’s direction with PlayStation.
    The 24 hour check-in and disc-DRM policy was reversed to prevent the negative press becoming so widespread that it damaged the Xbox brand. Every other criticism has also been examined to see if it can be improved. Multiple changes have been made and Microsoft feel confident in a product they know the public will respond well to.
    There have been discussions about creating price parity between Xbox One and PlayStation 4 by reducing the Xbox One price to $399/€399. Conversation has centred on bigger losses per unit sold versus loss of sales traction.
    Microsoft will make public their plans for Gamescom later this week. It’s expected they will be hosting a press event presented by Phil Spencer, the vice president of Microsoft Game Studios and Phil Harrison, the corporate vice president of Interactive Entertainment.
    http://www.handytips.info/1372/micro...t-press-event/

Hoping it delivers gold like this:
    Last edited by Lefein; 08-01-2013 at 02:29.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    MS: Can we get a do-over

World: No, XBOX GO HOME

3. Likes PS4THEWIN, RaY_210 , keefy, F34R likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    MS: Can we get a do-over

World: No, XBOX GO HOME
    I just want to know if it will still be the next watercooler. I was looking forward to that feature. I think it used up a lot of RAM, though.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

5. Likes mistercrow, PS4freak likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    The Phil-n- Phil connection. Oh, and nice edit on the thread title. A true classic. +rep.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The Phil-n- Phil connection. Oh, and nice edit on the thread title. A true classic. +rep.
    I never once edited the thread title or the OP.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Well, with all the changes that have been made, they're going to have to re-introduce the thing anyway because it's like a different console now, feature-wise. I'm sure they'll explain everything better this time (hopefully).
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Superior Member

get a price cut in while at it
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I don't know if they can get any worse than their first reveal. At least MS has acknowledged how much they screwed up and are trying to right the ship. But I honestly don't see them dropping the price without removing Kinect. Which i also don't see considering how much they have integrated Kinect. Wouldn't make any sense to not include it. I think the price is just something they are going to have to deal with. Only thing I could see is a price of 450. They will likely eat some cost but they will start of much better.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I don't know if they can get any worse than their first reveal. At least MS has acknowledged how much they screwed up and are trying to right the ship. But I honestly don't see them dropping the price without removing Kinect. Which i also don't see considering how much they have integrated Kinect. Wouldn't make any sense to not include it. I think the price is just something they are going to have to deal with. Only thing I could see is a price of 450. They will likely eat some cost but they will start of much better.

This IS MS after all.. they have the pockets to be able to absorb a loss if they think the increase in sales is worth it. They wrote a 1 BIL check to cover RROD warranty, they might be willing to suck up an increased loss to make the price point.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    They would have to swallow the cost of the console to get it out there at a lower price initially. It's something both MS and Sony have done in the past, so it's not like it's something they can't do. It's not a financially viable option, but it could pay off later. We'll see. <.<
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ANDYENG
    I'd be up for a price cut.

Forum Elder
    I think the price is just something they are going to have to deal with. Only thing I could see is a price of 450. They will likely eat some cost but they will start of much better.
    There have been discussions about creating price parity between Xbox One and PlayStation 4 by reducing the Xbox One price to $399/€399. Conversation has centred on bigger losses per unit sold versus loss of sales traction.
    i guess better to lose money on each console sold over the bigger loss of selling less?

Veteran
    Despite supposedly having a policy of not responding to rumors and speculation, MS did confirm the do-over event:

http://www.examiner.com/article/micr...on-event-rumor
    Microsoft responds to Xbox One reintroduction event rumor
    Now, the rumor is that it isn't an open press conference, it is behind closed doors by invitation only, will be 3 hours long and is described as a "Showcase Event" very similar to last year's Gamescom.

"Microsoft has confirmed an Xbox One showcase for Gamescom 2013 and we can tell you that this event will take place at 20h Tuesday, August 20 in Cologne, just after the Sony conference will be launched at 19h French time.

Our contact told us that there is no Microsoft conference during the Gamescom and this showcase will be private. Its duration will be 3 hours (20h to 23h) and we will be there to cover the event and come back with all the details we can. See you in a few weeks to keep it all on Xboxygen!
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    I hope they'll do it good, though it'll be PS4 for me. I'm poor and €100 cheaper = 2 games or 1 game and a 1 year PS+ subscription

Elite Guru
    Handytips.info? Seriously?

"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let everybody think you are an idiot. Than it is to open it and remove all doubt!!"

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Even MS has realized what a train wreck their reveal was.

19. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Will they finally unveil the Xbone without Kinect?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    Will they finally unveil the Xbone without Kinect?
    I don't think so. I believe they made a comment about not having any interest of shipping the xbone without kinect.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 07-30-2013 at 20:34.

Super Elite
    What about the people who preordered? Do they show there receipt for a hundred rebate?

This is Lol though. Never seen a console need a do over to copy the competition, and I witnessed the ps3 launch, to funny.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    Since it's a closed event I'm assuming there isn't going to be a stream for us to watch?
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Veteran
    Is this official or is it some made up Bull****?
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    What about the people who preordered? Do they show there receipt for a hundred rebate?

This is Lol though. Never seen a console need a do over to copy the competition, and I witnessed the ps3 launch, to funny.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

It would be a simple refund. Can't see that being a problem... besides, at Amazon, you don't even get charged until it ships... so non-issue.

26. Likes keefy likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I don't think so. I believe they made a comment about not having any interest of shipping the xbone without kinect.
    So, no chance for me to buy it ever!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    They would have to swallow the cost of the console to get it out there at a lower price initially. It's something both MS and Sony have done in the past, so it's not like it's something they can't do. It's not a financially viable option, but it could pay off later. We'll see. <.<
    I know they can afford the loss but they will take a serious hit releasing 100 cheaper than planned. I think they will do OK enough to be able to release at the current price and then 6 months or so later drop the price to 399. I guess that is something for them to figure out if it's better in the long run to release at 399 or take their chances with the current price. Guess we will see what they decide.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Forum Guru
    Ha this is so funny. A 'relaunch' before an actual launch of the console.

30. Likes F34R likes this post

Thread Information