Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    This is from the creative director of watchdogs on Twitter about that trailer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Bam!!!!! Bring on the Watchdogs, Battlefield 4 and Forza 5 for the dream launch line up!
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That was odd... did anyone notice aisha tylers income was over 4 billion dollars

Yep friend LMAO... I will be rubbing her
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    Seriously this looks like a PS2 version!!
    You obviously haven't played a PS2 game in some time..

This is clearly the PS3/360 version they had to show it eventually considering they've just been showing the PS4 version up til now. People have been asking for this for a while so they could compare.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    Soooooo.....PC version on a low setting perhaps?

Veteran
    Don't know whether to laugh or cry after watching that trailer.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Is it possible to record a video of something that looks good and make it look crap by checking the "wrong stuff"?

Has me worried, and if Ill keep my PS4 Watch_Dogs preorder (even though I saved $20)
    Naw don't. I'm sure it still looks as good as it always has. And that's a great deal you got, shame to throw it away (=

This is from the creative director of watchdogs on Twitter about that trailer.

That doesn't answer the question LOL??? Can he be any more ambigous!
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 07-31-2013 at 12:33.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    one thing is for sure. I am all lost interested in this game now...

GTA IV looks freaking incredible on the PS3 and XBOX360... So what has UBISOFT done, they have took a massive step back

Rockstar worked 5 years on GTA IV and got every inch out of both current gen consoles and UBISOFT have worked on this game in the same length of time and what have they got to show for it on current gen consoles. Nothing, just a sub standard game with dull graphics
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    It looks like the post processes are not turned on. The models and stuff look similar to the "good version" we saw a few months ago at E3 and stuff. The models of the humans never looked great to begin with because its an open world game and there will be lots of them.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    It is def xbo version without cloud. with cloud it will be 10 times better, even better than ps4 version for sure tho
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Creative Director of Watch Dogs Reassures Fans That The Game Looks Better Than The Aisha Trailer

"Yesterday, we posted a new trailer from Watch Dogs. If you’ve already watched it, then you’ll be definitely wondering why that trailer looked so awful. Our guess was that the game was captured from the current-gen (PS3/X360) version of the game, and that the PC/PS4/Xbox One versions would look way better. Although we don’t know about the visual state of the current-gen version, the creative director of Watch Dogs decided to break his silence and reassure fans that the game will look way better than the Aisha Tyler trailer.
    According to Jonathan Morin, this trailer was the result of someone who messed things up. That ‘someone’ did not know the tech or what stuff to check. When a fan asked why Ubisoft to give the green light to this trailer and release it, Morin had this to say:

“You know sometimes 100s of people working together causes communications issues lets just say that”

In short, this video was never meant to be released in its current form.
    Morin then reassured fans that the game featured better graphics than those showcased in the Aisha Tyler trailer.
    ‘No worry to have on graphics at all, believe me‘ said Morin to a fan, followed by a ‘Love your passion guys but I see the game every day and I can tell you, this trailer is far from it‘ comment to another fan.
    When a fan asked about the WiiU version, Morin said that it looked fine on Nintendo’s hardware.

“Agreed, I played the Wii U version last week… Should be fine”

Morin concluded that this trailer was ‘hilarious in its own way‘ due to the reaction of the media and the public.
    So there you have it everyone. It seems that something went wrong when Ubisoft captured this gameplay footage. What went wrong? Well, only the one responsible for that trailer is aware of.
    Watch Dogs is planned for release later this year on PC, PS3, X360 and WiiU, and will also appear on PS4 and Xbox One!" ~ Source

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    just can not believe it is the actual same game... It looks so childish

Dedicated Member
    it is not the ps4 or bone version, that version would look satisfactory for the wii u.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I remember reading on B3D or Gaf about Ubisoft and how often they 'fool' people with their initial reveal trailers that are allegedly 'real time' or whatever. I think they mentioned Far Cry 2 as an example? Could be wrong..

Anyway, they laughed at the hype around this game and said "Just wait until it hits shelves. I'm sure it will be a huge step down" (paraphrase).

Hoping that they aren't proven right.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Why would they fool people with $#@!ty graphics?

Also, why would they laugh at the hype around their own game? And then diss it? Or am I completely misunderstanding?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    they will regret this move and pay heavy for it... People will most likely wait for the next gen version and the hell with the current gen

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Why would they fool people with $#@!ty graphics?

Also, why would they laugh at the hype around their own game? And then diss it? Or am I completely misunderstanding?
    I meant the posters were laughing at the hype people had around the game. The posters are just gamers like you or me, but they were saying basically to never take Ubisoft at their word on this stuff.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    The only real question is did Aisha get some GIRL WOOD over this?

Obviously they tossed it together on the engine and pushed it out. Just wondering why they even bothered if they were going to make the quality so suck ass.

18. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Maybe that was the gameboy version. Yikes

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    Creative Director of Watch Dogs Reassures Fans That The Game Looks Better Than The Aisha Trailer

"Yesterday, we posted a new trailer from Watch Dogs. If you’ve already watched it, then you’ll be definitely wondering why that trailer looked so awful. Our guess was that the game was captured from the current-gen (PS3/X360) version of the game, and that the PC/PS4/Xbox One versions would look way better. Although we don’t know about the visual state of the current-gen version, the creative director of Watch Dogs decided to break his silence and reassure fans that the game will look way better than the Aisha Tyler trailer.
    According to Jonathan Morin, this trailer was the result of someone who messed things up. That ‘someone’ did not know the tech or what stuff to check. When a fan asked why Ubisoft to give the green light to this trailer and release it, Morin had this to say:

“You know sometimes 100s of people working together causes communications issues lets just say that”

In short, this video was never meant to be released in its current form.
    Morin then reassured fans that the game featured better graphics than those showcased in the Aisha Tyler trailer.
    ‘No worry to have on graphics at all, believe me‘ said Morin to a fan, followed by a ‘Love your passion guys but I see the game every day and I can tell you, this trailer is far from it‘ comment to another fan.
    When a fan asked about the WiiU version, Morin said that it looked fine on Nintendo’s hardware.

“Agreed, I played the Wii U version last week… Should be fine”

Morin concluded that this trailer was ‘hilarious in its own way‘ due to the reaction of the media and the public.
    So there you have it everyone. It seems that something went wrong when Ubisoft captured this gameplay footage. What went wrong? Well, only the one responsible for that trailer is aware of.
    Watch Dogs is planned for release later this year on PC, PS3, X360 and WiiU, and will also appear on PS4 and Xbox One!" ~ Source
    So in short, they don't really know what's happening - and it could/should, and probably will look better than current gen versions. But how much "better" - they don't know?

Seems like a cluster$#@! to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    The only real question is did Aisha get some GIRL WOOD over this?

Obviously they tossed it together on the engine and pushed it out. Just wondering why they even bothered if they were going to make the quality so suck ass.
    @ reference.

Though I can see her whining about us whining about how the game looks, and whining about how gamers are whining.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    So that's the PS3 and 360 version....holy $#@!. The PS4 needs to get its ass here and now.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    they have just killed this game big time... Why did they not show current gen first and then the next gen one later in the year... The way they could have got all this out of the road and not actually hur the game..

This is why it is worse to have current and next gen of the same game and just show the next gen version of that game

And assuming showing the current gen version of the game, would get a positive response...

That is why rockstar games showed the current gen version of GTA V and next year they will have the next gen first and that will be much improved..

But they have made it, that they will get the sales on current gen first and then next gen.. Were is UBISOFT same to believe showing the next gen version of watch dogs. Will increase sales of the current gen version of the game

But they have screwed themselves, because many if not everyone will be passing on the current gen version of the game and going straight for the next gen version

Nice going UBISOFT
    Last edited by claud3; 07-31-2013 at 23:04.

Playstation Home version confirmed.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    The game is going to be amazing.
    Last edited by TEST SUBJECT 83; 07-31-2013 at 23:42.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    they need to do some rebuilding gamers interest into this game big time

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    they have just killed this game big time...
    It was a screw up but I think that given their explanation (that Xtra posted in post #35 ) it's an over-reaction to say that they killed the game. They will release more stuff and people will forget about this within a week or two. The buzz on this game is very good generally, there is no way one flubbed trailer is going to kill it.

Thread Information