Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL

The Crew to offer region-based multiplayer factions

Ubisoft's The Crew is setting itself apart from its vast competition with its ambitious premise of using the continental United States as one giant race track. With such a large playing field, factions are bound to arise and developer Ivory Tower is working on ways to make these regional cliques distinct.

Players will be able to select between East Coast, West Coast, The South, Mountain States, and Midwest for faction-based multiplayer. These five groups create the possibility for distinct customization, something Ivory Tower is diligently looking into.

"We're getting a tattoo artist who works on the team to develop a visual identity," Ivory Tower's creative director Julian Gerighty told Digital Trends. "I genuinely think it's a question of visual identity. That's why we’re working so much on, 'Okay, what is the spirit of the West Coast? How do we design a West Coast that is super-attractive to people who don’t know the West Coast?'"

Gerighty adds that the team is also addressing balance issues, noting that there may be incentives for players to sign up with certain regions. Gerighty also says that players will be able to switch allegiances after a certain amount of time.

More details on the multiplayer aspect of The Crew are set to be revealed at GamesCom in August. The game is set to release on Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, and PC in early 2014. ~ Source

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I wasn't interested in The Crew at first, but this sounds pretty beast mode. Still need more info, though! Sounds like it will be tough though.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

God damn this is going to be the longest year ever waiting for the PS4 and the games of 2014

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    This sounds really nice. I remember when faction-making wasn't part of the game but gamers made it happen anyways like all the clans and covenants of Dark Souls. But now this is integrated into the game itself. I love this kind of gaming evolution.

Master Guru
    Sounds good to me. The Crew is going to be all sorts of awesome.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Sounds good to me. The Crew is going to be all sorts of awesome.
    Hope you right but im not seeing it currently.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Thread Information