Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yea they take the fat USBs.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Dont they use micro USB and not mini USB?
    I have a Samsung phone and charger whch is micro and it doesn't fit a Dualshock controller.
    My phones and Samsung tablet have had the USB charger and cable separate. If they're one piece, then you can't use it.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    My phones and Samsung tablet have had the USB charger and cable separate. If they're one piece, then you can't use it.
    I don't understand.
    Mine the charger has a micro USB connection but the DS3 is mini USB.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    What he means is the cable is just that, a cable. Then you have the adapter that plugs into the wall, and you can plug any usb cable into it.

5. Likes Naxi wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    If you can find me an official six axis for less than 2.99 then yes you'd have a point.

Plus why would I want extra clutter on my setup having a controller constantly plugged into my console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're okay with spending anywhere from $20/$30/$40 for extra batteries with a charger, so why not an extra controller? I've bought PS3 controllers for $40 -- which is not that much more if one were to get rechargeable + charger together. The Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit use to be close to $40.
    Last edited by sainraja; 08-05-2013 at 21:38.

Extreme Poster
    ouch i forgot about that. yea i would not prefer that myself. i just can't stay in the 90s.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here's the difference for me:

I have two DS3's. Had them for a while now. One came with the system, and I bought the other for co-op stuff. That's it. Never a single penny after that. Five years later, they are still going strong.

I have six 360 controllers. All came with the systems. I've had to spend too much money on play n charge kits with recharge battery, aa batteries, and ultimately aa recharge ones. That's just too much going into these compared to not a single penny with the DS3s.

9. Likes Sufi, PS4freak , mistercrow, sainraja wishes they had posted this first.
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Here's the difference for me:

I have two DS3's. Had them for a while now. One came with the system, and I bought the other for co-op stuff. That's it. Never a single penny after that. Five years later, they are still going strong.

I have six 360 controllers. All came with the systems. I've had to spend too much money on play n charge kits with recharge battery, aa batteries, and ultimately aa recharge ones. That's just too much going into these compared to not a single penny with the DS3s.
    that's exactly what i feel. also i don't want things lying around, i can't imagine the mess this would cause.

though i get why MS wants this, it's just easier for people to do this rather than replacing the entire controller. more work in the end for Xbox users but less thought and less technical experience required.

Forum Sage
    Well put, F34R. I've no problem with people preferring rechargeable (whatever reason they may have) but you can't say it's necessarily the cheaper route.

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You're okay with spending anywhere from $20/$30/$40 for extra batteries with a charger, so why not an extra controller? I've bought PS3 controllers for $40 -- which is not that much more if one were to get rechargeable + charger together. The Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit use to be close to $40.
    I'm simply talking about 4 x AA rechargeable batteries and a charger that fits into a plug. I spent about 3 in total for BOTH. Not $20-$40!

Who in their right mind would spend $20-$40 for rechargeable batteries and charger....

eBay is your friend .

edit. here, quick search found these:

batteries
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-AA-3000m...item4d0e407f14

charger:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Rechar...item337e6ba2ff

edit 2: lol just realised the charger is USB. but the point still stands, its cheaper.
    total - 4.50 ish.

Last edited by Pez_555; 08-05-2013 at 23:12.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Extreme Poster
    I'm simply talking about 4 x AA rechargeable batteries and a charger that fits into a plug. I spent about 3 in total for BOTH. Not $20-$40!

Who in their right mind would spend $20-$40 for rechargeable batteries and charger....

eBay is your friend .

got my charger for $12. i would never pay for shitty batteries. i bought mine for $6 for 4 AAA.

4 AA are about $15 for Sanyo Eneloops (best in the industry). i don't know where/what sort of batteries you're getting but they're probably crap.

that's what i'd do if i had to.

i don't mind the cost, i just don't like extra work when i don't have to. i'd still rather have the option to have a wired controller but since i don't, i'd rather have a built-in battery. i'm lazy.

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    got my charger for $12. i would never pay for shitty batteries. i bought mine for $6 for 4 AAA.

4 AA are about $15 for Sanyo Eneloops (best in the industry). i don't know where/what sort of batteries you're getting but they're probably crap.

that's what i'd do if i had to.

i don't mind the cost, i just don't like extra work when i don't have to. i'd still rather have the option to have a wired controller but since i don't, i'd rather have a built-in battery. i'm lazy.
    I got similar ones to those I linked to on eBay. Bought them about 6 months ago, still hold a very good charge - had a day long stint on max Payne 3 the other week and was still charged when I switched off the machine at night.

And to add to the above, haven't turned my 360 on in over a week (been to Rome) and just tested my controller with the 360 unplugged, and has still retained charge. There are good cheap batteries out there...

Last edited by Pez_555; 08-05-2013 at 23:44.

Master Guru

Double post sorry

Forum Sage

eBay is your friend .

edit. here, quick search found these:

batteries
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-AA-3000m...item4d0e407f14

charger:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Rechar...item337e6ba2ff

edit 2: lol just realised the charger is USB. but the point still stands, its cheaper.
    total - 4.50 ish.

Below are AA batteries....and I understand you can get batteries at various prices; that applies to controllers as well.

Some examples of retail pricing, linked below.

Batteries:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Charger:

Don't think price reductions/variations in price/sales are exclusive to AA batteries. And I know you have to take different factors into account when it comes to AA rechargeable batteries such as capacity, number of charges etc. Anyhow, price wasn't the point....if price alone was my point I would have left it just at preference.

You don't have to get the charger but you mentioned it in your original post. And yes, ebay is your friend....you can find extra PS3 controllers on ebay too, btw.

Prefer replaceable rechargeable batteries all you want. Don't say that it's necessarily the "cheaper" or the most "convenient" route.

Getting an extra controller to continue playing is just as convenient/affordable. Specially if you consider gaming to be your hobby.
    Last edited by sainraja; 08-06-2013 at 11:27.

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Below are AA batteries....and I understand you can get batteries at various prices, that applies to controllers as well.

Batteries:

Charger:

Don't think price reductions/variations in price/sales are exclusive to AA batteries. And I know you have to take different factors into account when it comes to AA rechargeable batteries such as capacity, number of charges etc. Anyhow, price wasn't the point....if price alone was my point I would have left it just at preference.

You don't have to get the charger but you mentioned it in your original post. And yes, ebay is your friend....you can find extra PS3 controllers on ebay too, btw.

Prefer replaceable rechargeable batteries all you want. Don't say that it's necessarily the "cheaper" or the most "convenient" route.

Getting an extra controller to continue playing is just as convenient/affordable. Specially if you consider gaming to be your hobby.
    I'd never, ever spend that much on batteries and a charger (but that's just me). I think those prices are absurd for my needs.

As soldier put it, I'm not going to spend however much it is to get another controller when there is a much cheaper and convenient option (again, for me) available.

It's cheaper for me, and more convenient for me.

Last edited by Pez_555; 08-06-2013 at 11:40.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Hah! I have the exact charger and 16 of these batteries.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage
    I'd never, ever spend that much on batteries and a charger (but that's just me). I think those prices are absurd for my needs.

As soldier put it, I'm not going to spend however much it is to get another controller when there is a much cheaper and convenient option (again, for me) available.

It's cheaper for me, and more convenient for me.

All I am saying is that both options, if price really is a concern (whichever you may prefer), can cost you near the same. If you are going to ebay for AA/charging station, you have the option to do the same when it comes to getting a second controller. So, sure, you prefer AA + charging combo, sure you find it convenient.

My point is that you can't argue that it is (more convenient/cheaper) in general, without being challenged. Since if it was that clear cut, you wouldn't be going to ebay in the first place, to get the pricing you want.

PS3 controller for $42:
    http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Du...ps3+controller

PS3 controller on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Like I said, you have the same kind of flexibility (price wise, such as a sale) if you were to go the second controller route.

Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Hah! I have the exact charger and 16 of these batteries.
    Nice. I knew it!
    Last edited by sainraja; 08-06-2013 at 16:36.

Thread Information