Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 242
  1. #76
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    135
    Points
    3,496,956 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    This is the blunt and easy answer I guess...I've always been the kind of person to target the underlying reasons though. I think awareness of those reasons could facilitate members being able to discuss all things gaming without getting into feuds which is ideal. People always say it's the variety of differing opinions that make PSU great but if people only stay in the sections they like then where do we get to interact with these differing opinions?

    what i used to do, and you don't have to even take this as advice was if a person debates, fine. if a person is mindlessly trolling the $#@! out of something, I would section ban them for a while.

    If they can't help themselves, I removed the temptation.

  2. Likes Omar likes this post
  3. #77
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,174
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    17,807 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    We live in an age where almost every electronic you buy has a rechargable battery. Phones, mp3 players etc. And you expect me to think that this is not some money grubbling ms scheme and that its ok? No not buying it. They can do it but choose not to. Its is a stupid move. If you bought a new ipod and it didnt come with a rechargable battery would it be a big deal? I mean you have aa lying around right?
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  4. #78
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    135
    Points
    3,496,956 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    We live in an age where almost every electronic you buy has a rechargable battery. Phones, mp3 players etc. And you expect me to think that this is not some money grubbling ms scheme and that its ok? No not buying it. They can do it but choose not to. Its is a stupid move. If you bought a new ipod and it didnt come with a rechargable battery would it be a big deal? I mean you have aa lying around right?

    So a locked system like Macbooks, Ipods, DS3/DS4 where you have to completely disassemble the device to swap out a rechargeable pack is better?

    What I am saying is, in my experience.. if I am playing at home.. and my rechargeable pack goes dead. I have the option of either putting batteries in and remaining wireless, or use my plug and play cord.

    It is an option. Yes, I would prefer a built in pack, like the DS, but this feature of an MS controller is hardly something to harp about.

  5. #79
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    So honestly the best controller just continues to get better and offers the same pricing as it did at the start of last gen. It's the go to controller.

  6. #80
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,174
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    17,807 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    So a locked system like Macbooks, Ipods, DS3/DS4 where you have to completely disassemble the device to swap out a rechargeable pack is better?

    What I am saying is, in my experience.. if I am playing at home.. and my rechargeable pack goes dead. I have the option of either putting batteries in and remaining wireless, or use my plug and play cord.

    It is an option. Yes, I would prefer a built in pack, like the DS, but this feature of an MS controller is hardly something to harp about.
    I agree its not that big of a deal but it is a $#@! move to just sell more stuff.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  7. #81
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    135
    Points
    3,496,956 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I agree its not that big of a deal but it is a $#@! move to just sell more stuff.

    very true.. but at the end of the day, that's what keeps places alive. money.

    without it, we wouldn't see better consoles, new games, new peripherals, etc... i HATE proprietary connectors as a consumer, but as a business mind, it is easy to see why some do it.

  8. #82
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    what i used to do, and you don't have to even take this as advice was if a person debates, fine. if a person is mindlessly trolling the $#@! out of something, I would section ban them for a while.

    If they can't help themselves, I removed the temptation.
    We will be doing this.

    Ok sorry for going off-topic guys. I'll shut up on this matter in here.

  9. #83
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    We will be doing this. Ok sorry for going off-topic guys. I'll shut up on this matter in here.
    Then scrap the versus section too. If somebody gets that butthurt in the versus section that they have to resort to pointing out people personally then they should be banned from this section too. Either that or get rid of it. I'm just using this section in the way that it was intended. In fact this section was cuguys idea. lol And this new rule should apply to Xbox trolls in the Playstation section as well because its not all just the Playstation community trolling other sections. If you cant handle reading negative things about your console of choice then stay out of the Playstation vs Xbox section. The title itself tells you what kind of posts you can expect. And if you have some beef about the X1 section getting trolled then report those people and if you need to then make a thread about it in the FEEDBACK section.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-02-2013 at 00:35.

  10. #84
    Super Elite
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,002
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,798 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    What's the point in such a kit if there's only one battery included? Or is it one controller with battery and a this kit with an extra?

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  11. #85
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    If you don't like a console then don't post in that section. If you don't like a section don't post in it.

    Simple really.

  12. #86
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    What's the point in such a kit if there's only one battery included? Or is it one controller with battery and a this kit with an extra?
    It's exactly the same as it is now. Controller comes with 2 AA batteries. Play and charge kit comes with one battery and you can charge as you play.

  13. #87
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,039
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,685 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    We live in an age where almost every electronic you buy has a rechargable battery. Phones, mp3 players etc. And you expect me to think that this is not some money grubbling ms scheme and that its ok? No not buying it. They can do it but choose not to. Its is a stupid move. If you bought a new ipod and it didnt come with a rechargable battery would it be a big deal? I mean you have aa lying around right?
    If they only allowed the use of their own batteries and didn't provide one with the controller, you would have a point. However they allow you to use their battery pack or AA's so your point is invalid.

    Unless you want to claim that MS has some secret agreement with battery manufacturers to boost the sale of AA batteries.

  14. #88
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    If you don't like a console then don't post in that section. If you don't like a section don't post in it. Simple really.
    I'll post wherever I want to post. If you've got an issue with that then thats your problem. Go make a thread about it in the FEEDBACK section instead of derailing this thread. Simple really.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-02-2013 at 01:50.

  15. #89
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,039
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,685 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I'll post wherever I want to post. If you've got an problem with that then thats your problem. Go make a thread about it in the FEEDBACK section instead of derailing this thread. Simple really.
    Um, he didn't quote you.

  16. #90
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Um, he didn't quote you.
    Cuguy referred to me earlier in the thread and insinuated that I troll the Xbox section and Soldier was agreeing with him so he didnt need to quote me. You know full well he had me in mind (as well as others) when he said that.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-02-2013 at 02:05.

  17. #91
    Super Elite
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,002
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,798 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I'm not particularly fond of Xbox One but I'm not gonna let that stop me from posting in a X1 section for that reason. (There's a quite a few X1 games I do like)

    As long as I'm within forum rules and on most importantly: on-topic - I'll be posting in which ever section.

    On-topic:
    Being able to swap between to batteries seems very nice. Pluss, you have a backup if one suddenly dies! I don't really mind hooking it up with a cable, but I can imagine it being a good selling point.

    The criteria (for justifying the price) would have to be that the package comes with two batteries though.

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  18. #92
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    +rep I am an Xbox and PS guy...just to clarify.
    LMAO! Oh please.

  19. #93
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,039
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,685 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Cuguy referred to me earlier in the thread and insinuated that I troll the Xbox section and Soldier was agreeing with him so he didnt need to quote me. You know full well he had me in mind when he said that.
    What he said could apply to multiple posters on psu. It doesn't look good for you when you become all defensive (aggressive) without being quoted or explicitly named.

  20. #94
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    What he said could apply to multiple posters on psu. It doesn't look good for you when you become all defensive (aggressive) without being quoted or explicitly named.
    lol Yeah right. Nothing aggressive about it. Only saying just because I dont share an X1 preference doesn't mean I'm not ever going to post my opinions in that section.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-02-2013 at 02:19.

  21. #95
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Um, he didn't quote you.
    Thank you.

  22. #96
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,455
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    16,930 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    What he said could apply to multiple posters on psu. It doesn't look good for you when you become all defensive (aggressive) without being quoted or explicitly named.
    The same applies in reverse. Only difference is, I never see rad cry like a little schoolgirl about it.

    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  23. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  24. #97
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    If they only allowed the use of their own batteries and didn't provide one with the controller, you would have a point. However they allow you to use their battery pack or AA's so your point is invalid.

    Unless you want to claim that MS has some secret agreement with battery manufacturers to boost the sale of AA batteries.
    Funny thing is both companies rape us with accessory pricing.

  25. #98
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    The same applies in reverse. Only difference is, I never see rad cry like a little schoolgirl about it. Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
    Thankyou.

  26. #99
    Super Elite
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,002
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,798 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I actually though you were replying to me, Sol. lol. Well I offered my to cents

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  27. #100
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    LMAO! Oh please.
    You lost us?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.