Latest PSU headlines:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 242
  1. #176
    Veteran
    faaeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    .....pss..behind you
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,122
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    12,216 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    2013 and still having to put batteries in electical goods?? wow pretty poor showing
    Would you rather plug it into the wall or maybe swing your arms around to create kinetic energy o_O?
    I don't get your point. Electronics use electricity. You either gonna have to plug it to something in or use batteries....

    Not sure if your being sarcastic or not... ◊_◊
    Last edited by faaeng; 08-03-2013 at 12:33.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------


  2. #177
    Elite Member
    hood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,598
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    4,998 (0 Banked)
    Why are people saying they prefer the replacable xbox battery then say they prefer to have a battery that can be recharged and replaced. Then say the following the DS3's battery needs to be replaced and its not convient for them to change the internal battery. The DS3 internal battery for me has lasted over 8 years I had to replace my controller because my controller stopped functioning properly not because the battery died. Also for people saying that its an inconvience for people in large rooms to charge controllers via usb is odd because I've had 16 hrs of play out of a controller with two bars. You're either going to buy a recharger for your xbox controller or somewhere down the line buy a battery for your ds3 in which I believe through experience is highly unlikely, I'm pretty sure though someone can find someone on the internet who has had to. I repeat highly unlikely not impossible though.

    To sum things up anyone complaining about the DS3's method just can it the DS3's battery is more likely to out live the controller it's self. Those complaing about the XBox method just can it aswell though Sony does it better like its 2013 (well 2014 when the consoles are in full swing) if people still prefer a older outdated method vs the possiblity that they might have to use a screw driver let them be that way.

    PS. My ds3 has been on 1 bar for the past 2 days
    Last edited by hood; 08-03-2013 at 12:41.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

  3. #178
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,617
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,219 (0 Banked)
    Lol. Those ds3 batteries do last forever. I've charged mine for 15 minutes and get a few hours in.

    I've never had one go bad and I got it at launch, bit I'm sure it's happened.


    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #179
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,048
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,244 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    deleting.....this has gotten way off topic.
    Last edited by Christopher; 08-03-2013 at 13:54. Reason: off topic
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  5. #180
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    oh, this is disgusting and I understand people have their own opinions on everything. Kinect is just another gimmick and I certainly haven't seen the big boom for kinect for the 360 at all. It had sales of course but after that no one really talked about it. You know why they didn't talk much about kinect? Because the thing sucks. And now all of a sudden people are praising the thing and let it be known that the delay is still very well in kinect 2.0. I remember many people on other forums being disappointed in MS lately over the fact they were focusing more on kinect rather than the core gamer. And now that they are really focusing on kinect people are cheering for this $#@!. This makes no sense at all.

    As for using bluray in an example for discussing the forcing of kinect, I don't agree at all with using that as a basis for a point. pushing higher def. games requires bigger downloads in which that format had to be pushed. Or they could have waited till now to push this and the price would be higher compared to 2006. These are two different things, kinect is a gimmick, just like the nintendo Wii-mote was a gimmick included into the system.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 08-03-2013 at 13:30.

  6. #181
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    Why are people saying they prefer the replacable xbox battery then say they prefer to have a battery that can be recharged and replaced. Then say the following the DS3's battery needs to be replaced and its not convient for them to change the internal battery. The DS3 internal battery for me has lasted over 8 years I had to replace my controller because my controller stopped functioning properly not because the battery died. Also for people saying that its an inconvience for people in large rooms to charge controllers via usb is odd because I've had 16 hrs of play out of a controller with two bars. You're either going to buy a recharger for your xbox controller or somewhere down the line buy a battery for your ds3 in which I believe through experience is highly unlikely, I'm pretty sure though someone can find someone on the internet who has had to. I repeat highly unlikely not impossible though.

    To sum things up anyone complaining about the DS3's method just can it the DS3's battery is more likely to out live the controller it's self. Those complaing about the XBox method just can it aswell though Sony does it better like its 2013 (well 2014 when the consoles are in full swing) if people still prefer a older outdated method vs the possiblity that they might have to use a screw driver let them be that way.

    PS. My ds3 has been on 1 bar for the past 2 days
    I've never had a problem with mine either. the only time I've had to replace a controller is when one of my triggers stopped working. seems to me that people are nitpicking about the controllers;however I do suppose some people would prefer changing batteries to a screwdriver if they don't know how to work on anything.


    moving on tapatalk



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  7. #182
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,592
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,047 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    it's not easy to disassemble and reassemble the controller either.

  8. #183
    Master Guru
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,382
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    5,774 (44,164 Banked)
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    I actually much prefer having removable batteries as I hate having to connect my controller via a USB to charge it whilst I'm playing.

    Solution, buy 4 rechargeable batteries and a rechargeable battery station (couple of quid off eBay), have 2 charging on the station whilst you are playing using the other 2. When they run out of juice, switch to the other 2. Simple. Never run out. IMO much more convenient than having to plug a controller in to charge whilst playing.

    I'm glad they kept this (for me anyway). Of course it ultimately goes down to preference and individual needs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have 20 rechargeable eneloops and a pro charger to cover the need of devices that use AA batteries. Mouse, keyboards, remotes, trackpads, 360 controllers. Rechargeable batteries work but I would appreciate having less to do with.

    My 360 solution is to just change batteries (I always have charged batteries) and put the empty ones in the "to charge" case. Later or an other day I'll spent a day recharging batteries.

    I prefer the PS3 solution though.
    When the controller is empty I just pick an other one and continue play. And later when I'm done playing, I just connect the empty DS3 to one of the many USB ports in the house.

    The lithium-ion battery in the DS3 charges in just 1-2 hours too.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

    .

  9. #184
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it's not easy to disassemble and reassemble the controller either.
    well that's subjective to whether or not the person is "mechanically" inclined


    moving on tapatalk



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  10. #185
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    87
    Points
    19,841 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    I have 20 rechargeable eneloops and a pro charger to cover the need of devices that use AA batteries. Mouse, keyboards, remotes, trackpads, 360 controllers. Rechargeable batteries work but I would appreciate having less to do with.

    My 360 solution is to just change batteries (I always have charged batteries) and put the empty ones in the "to charge" case. Later or an other day I'll spent a day recharging batteries.

    I prefer the PS3 solution though.
    When the controller is empty I just pick an other one and continue play. And later when I'm done playing, I just connect the empty DS3 to one of the many USB ports in the house.

    The lithium-ion battery in the DS3 charges in just 1-2 hours too.
    Yea it is quick at charging actually. I only have 1 DS3 though so I can't say the same! I'm sure if I had 2 I would be the same.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

  11. #186
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,327
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    55,285 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    well that's subjective to whether or not the person is "mechanically" inclined


    moving on tapatalk
    The Duakshock 3 is harder to take apart because it has a screw missing that is present onthe Dualshock 2 and 1.
    The screw is missing because the battery was placed there and instead it uses a plastic clip which is easily broken becuase it is plastic and flimsy.



    Last edited by keefy; 08-03-2013 at 19:08.

  12. #187
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    The Duakshock 3 is harder to take apart because it has a screw missing that is present onthe Dualshock 2 and 1.
    The screw is missing because the battery was placed there and instead it uses a plastic clip which is easily broken becuase it is plastic and flimsy.



    ok keefy me hanically inclined AND aware of the plastic clip


    moving on tapatalk



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  13. #188
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,327
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    55,285 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Doesn't matter. It is still harder. I know about it too.
    Dualshock 4 I have no idea what that is like. I expect it is easier than the DS3 to take apart since it is a fairly substantial redesign.

  14. #189
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Doesn't matter. It is still harder. I know about it too.
    Dualshock 4 I have no idea what that is like. I expect it is easier than the DS3 to take apart since it is a fairly substantial redesign.
    if u look back to my post where I had originally stated to SUFI regarding mechanically inclined people, it was a reply to it being hard to disassemble and reassemble the ds3.
    None of that statement went towards any of the talks about is it harder to change a AA battery or a built in battery. Is it gonna be harder to change a built in, yea $#@!ing duh? I didn't know that's what u were basically referring to with ur replying to what I said to Sufi. but again, I didnt think it had to be stated for the millionth time which one was easier to change


    moving on tapatalk



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  15. #190
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    How long did it take you to find that straw?
    Same amount of time it took someone to find the battery straw

    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Why can't you use the controller when it needs to be recharged? You don't have a USB cable? It's kinda just like having a plan n charge hit from Microsoft.
    I have a media room. All of my electronics are in another room so they are not in the home theater area.

  16. #191
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,536
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    77,988 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Same amount of time it took someone to find the battery straw



    I have a media room. All of my electronics are in another room so they are not in the home theater area.
    No straws to pick about because I don't like it. I bought a 360 i spent the extra 30-40 bucks i think the play charge kit was. Then a wireless unit for 80 something. Yep just goes to show you how to nickel and dime. I bought a PS3 it had a charge cable, albeit short as $#@! lol, and built in wireless for 500. That nickel and diming stats to add up and people don't realize it. As I said earlier, cut production cost and pass the costs onto the consumer. MS does it extensively.

    Your argument was just to sling mud because I've seen you say that you like the changes the controller outside of the analog stick placements.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  17. #192
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    No straws to pick about because I don't like it. I bought a 360 i spent the extra 30-40 bucks i think the play charge kit was. Then a wireless unit for 80 something. Yep just goes to show you how to nickel and dime. I bought a PS3 it had a charge cable, albeit short as $#@! lol, and built in wireless for 500. That nickel and diming stats to add up and people don't realize it. As I said earlier, cut production cost and pass the costs onto the consumer. MS does it extensively.
    Yup agreed as does Sony. We just live with it.

  18. #193
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,536
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    77,988 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Yup agreed as does Sony. We just live with it.
    Everyone does it. MS seems to do it to the extreme. Its a good business tactic but sucks for consumers.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  19. #194
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Everyone does it. MS seems to do it to the extreme. Its a good business tactic but sucks for consumers.
    I find them both doing it to an extreme but I will continue to take it up the ass from them for the games

  20. #195
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,077
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,533 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    I actually much prefer having removable batteries as I hate having to connect my controller via a USB to charge it whilst I'm playing.

    Solution, buy 4 rechargeable batteries and a rechargeable battery station (couple of quid off eBay), have 2 charging on the station whilst you are playing using the other 2. When they run out of juice, switch to the other 2. Simple. Never run out. IMO much more convenient than having to plug a controller in to charge whilst playing.

    I'm glad they kept this (for me anyway). Of course it ultimately goes down to preference and individual needs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So, buy an extra controller and leave one on charge while you play with another. You clearly have no problem with spending the extra money to get rechargeable batteries so you shouldn't have any issue with getting an extra controller.

    Simple solution, no?

  21. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  22. #196
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Sounds like PR.

  23. #197
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    So, buy an extra controller and leave one on charge while you play with another. You clearly have no problem with spending the extra money to get rechargeable batteries so you shouldn't have any issue with getting an extra controller.

    Simple solution, no?
    that's what I do



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  24. #198
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    No straws to pick about because I don't like it. I bought a 360 i spent the extra 30-40 bucks i think the play charge kit was. Then a wireless unit for 80 something. Yep just goes to show you how to nickel and dime. I bought a PS3 it had a charge cable, albeit short as $#@! lol, and built in wireless for 500. That nickel and diming stats to add up and people don't realize it. As I said earlier, cut production cost and pass the costs onto the consumer. MS does it extensively. Your argument was just to sling mud because I've seen you say that you like the changes the controller outside of the analog stick placements.
    And MS is doing it again with mandatory Kinect and of course passing the extra cost onto the consumer.

  25. #199
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    that's what I do
    Some of us don't want to be nickel and dimed by the PSfore though. No need to buy a second controller for $60 just for the purpose of having one "ready" for when the other controller runs out of charge.

  26. #200
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,378
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    15,465 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Some of us don't want to be nickel and dimed by the PSfore though. No need to buy a second controller for $60 just for the purpose of having one "ready" for when the other controller runs out of charge.
    You could play whith USB plugged in while it's charging OR maybe you prefer being nickle and dimed by MS with extra rechargeablw batteries or charge kit or.....

    It's all about preferences and perspectives!!!

    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.