Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    they pulled that 600% figure out of their rectal passage.
    This!

And this is getting annoying. We've read about actual potential use for this cloud, however MS track record does not deserve my conjuring up any of my non existent faith that this will actually pan out remotely how OTHERS have pointed out. Better and more dynamic AI in a racing game would definitely be amazing however I am personally not that into racing sims as I am into the arcadey racers. Would be nice if someone in camp "Cloud" would come out with something to show (what ever the hell that could be) to give us a taste. Until then I can't be too into it.

Veteran
    Good stuff, AI this gen has been abysmal!!
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    Ill be connected at all times, so bring it on Tun 10, if the AI can make a big jump and possible graphic boost by being online, sounds great.
    We'll all find out a few months from now once this console and game get in the hands of real customers.
    Yeah I think everyone here is connected. So no concerns.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Yeah I think everyone here is connected. So no concerns.
    Why would anyone play a sim offline this day n age? It's all about beating friends times and racing against friends.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Is that a fact?

I understand the sentiment, but a lot of people never play online. Forcing them to do so might piss some people off

I never play GT5 online, but that's mostly because I like having party chat easily and readily available.
    Last edited by K2D; 08-02-2013 at 01:29.

Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Is that a fact?

I understand the sentiment, but a lot of people never play online. Forcing them to do so might piss some people off

I never play GT5 online, but that's mostly because I like having party chat easily and readily available.
    Well you dont play online due to hardware limitations of the PS3. If your friends were on GT5 and you could have party chat instead of just talking to them you's would be racing each other and chatting.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    You don't play any multi player?
    What about upcoming games like The Division and Destiny?

I personally can't imagine being an offline gamer, unless i lived with a extreme data cap or something.
    I played FFXI for a while, a bit of rede dead redemption and uncharted but not all that many multi player. I tried cod but after realising i sucked ass and was mainly gun bait i gave up

I may try The Division and The Crew and will most likely play FfXIV for a while.

When MS pulls a 180 on the kinect always plugged in i may play a Forza horizon type of game on the x1

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Since the Tour de France this year I have seen a lot of use of the word Cadence.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    They are not enhancing the graphics in the cloud. So you won't see it. They are freeing up resources that the console would normally use for this improved AI and putting that on the cloud. So now they freed up resources on the actual console itself for improved graphics.

Seems like people don't read the articles anymore.
    You retort to my response with it seems like people don't read anymore yet you failed to read my post. Unless your post isn't directed at me then my bad.

The improvements you will get offloading the AI onto the so called cloud isn't going to be that much of a difference. I even heard people say lighting as well but even with lighting that will take a big enough hit off the bandwidth. The guy in the article said that because of the cloud, the AI will improved. I doubt that. The cloud will mainly benefit off of servers more than anything else. offloading certain resources isn't going to be that much in the first place.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because even on other forums people are putting so much emphasis on the cloud that it's becoming silly.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Since the Tour de France this year I have seen a lot of use of the word Cadence.
    If you watch the NFL - you'll hear it a lot regarding QBs.

Super Elite
    I don't the the ps4 nor the x1 will benefit from upgrades graphically on cloud. that is too much information that needs to be downloaded per second with the average connection..... A.I response in games maybe but not graphics no sorry.... I would love for them to prove like minds wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Well you dont play online due to hardware limitations of the PS3. If your friends were on GT5 and you could have party chat instead of just talking to them you's would be racing each other and chatting.
    But does that hold true for Forza players?

Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Dedicated Member
    The way I interpreted this article was that its not so much running the AI on the cloud in real time but more sending and receiving AI that has been programmed on the cloud, and then the game running that new code. Because we do know the game can run with out being connected to the internet, it the AI run on the servers then what would happen if there was network issues? Or synchronization issues with latency from the server and physics calculations?

Also a 20% graphics gain? I can see physics being better but not graphics, unless they some how were running the AI on the GPU. There won't be huge RAM benefits either.

But having said all that, one thing I want to know is what would happen if the AI progressively gets so good that its impossible to beat? or worse case scenario....skynet...but for racing :P

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    But does that hold true for Forza players?
    Of course. Forza has the best community of any console racer.

Super Elite
    So I'll have to be online to change my difficulty level?

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by x_terna View Post
    No. The game will have regular AI, just like the Forza games have now. There will be a difficulty lvl option, just like there is now.

Elite Member
    When they say 600% im just going to look at this as 6x more processing power for AI which doesnt seem like much but when you say 600% boy people get excited. 6x more processing power frees up 10-20% more power for Gfx it seems like a huge leap then you have to ask cant the ps4 do the same thing?
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by x_terna View Post
    The drivatars that ship with the game have all been trained by the developers for all difficulty levels.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's DOES NOT OFFER 600%, it's "CAN OFFER 600%". Hell, it could actually only be doing "100%".... or less for that matter. Never know.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Challenge accepted. Time to enter next phase of console wars.

Thread Information