Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    They are going to be pushing development on this machine till the day (and beyond) it launches.
    gee golly do you really mean it mista mynd!? i could only dream of that eva happenin'!

just bustin' ya chops

Elite Guru

I guess no one did there homework on MS's T3 cores, huh?
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    I guess no one did there homework on MS's T3 cores, huh?
    School me on that if you will?

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    School me on that if you will?
    "T3 improves energy efficiency by about 2x and performance by up to 50%." Note this is not a Software bump.

There are 32-Cores in a T3 Array this is to big for 5BILL transistors so I will guess, say 4 T3 block Arrays with 1 core per T3 is 16 ops/instructions per T3 Block there are 12(SC) * 4 T3s * 16 ops/instructions per T3 Block = 768OPS * 800Mhz * 2 madd = 1228800TF
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    "T3 improves energy efficiency by about 2x and performance by up to 50%." Note this is not a Software bump.

There are 32-Cores in a T3 Array this is to big for 5BILL transistors so I will guess, say 4 T3 block Arrays with 1 core per T3 is 16 ops/instructions per T3 Block there are 12(SC) * 4 T3s * 16 ops/instructions per T3 Block = 768OPS * 800Mhz * 2 madd = 1228800TF
    o.k... So xb1 has 5 bil transistors?

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    o.k... So xb1 has 5 bil transistors?
    Yes it does

Extreme Poster
    we already knew that right? what does 5b transistors mean?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

Post links where you are getting this from. It's feeling pre-revealish around here this past week.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It means literally nothing. Just that the Xbox One has a ton of them, MS never specified where the allocation is. But don't read too much into it, once you factor in the transister amount in the ESRAM (which we have a good idea of) + Kinect it makes alot more sense.

tldr; people around here are trying to conjure up miracles to move mountains.

The good news with the upclock though, is that while this does nothing to help bridge the ALU\ROP or shader power monstrously it does allow it to eek out more polys than PS4.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    This thread feels deja vu. lol

Power Member
    Items User name style
    It means if transistors were money we would be rich! WOOOT!
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

12. Likes Sufi likes this post
    Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    It means literally nothing. Just that the Xbox One has a ton of them, MS never specified where the allocation is. But don't read too much into it, once you factor in the transister amount in the ESRAM (which we have a good idea of) + Kinect it makes alot more sense.

tldr; people around here are trying to conjure up miracles to move mountains.

The good news with the upclock though, is that while this does nothing to help bridge the ALU\ROP or shader power monstrously it does allow it to eek out more polys than PS4.
    Depends on 1t or 6t esram. As far as the ALU's/ROP sony might have more, but MS might still be able to do more with less if the theirs are much wider than Sony's.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    This thread feels deja vu. lol
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/08/...ware-throwdown

And we all know how that turned out....
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/08/...ware-throwdown And we all know how that turned out....
    I was referring to the pre reveal X1 rumors. But since you brought that up it turned out with PS3 1st party developers releasing some of the best looking games on any console this generation. Imo Sony has better developers who are more skilled at exploiting their hardware than MS does. We'll see what happens next gen.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-04-2013 at 03:32.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I was referring to the pre reveal X1 rumors. But since you brought that up it turned out with PS3 1st party developers releasing some of the best looking games on any console this generation.
    I know, but it's all dejavu, the whole thing, remember the rumors of the RSX being some super powerful GPU

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I know, but it's all dejavu, the whole thing, remember the rumors of the RSX being some super powerful GPU
    Yeah but that isnt the topic right now is it? But...but...Sony said this and that years ago. Why do you keep deflecting and trying to bring it back to Sony? lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-04-2013 at 03:38.

Extreme Poster
    i still can't believe that i fell for the PS3 being immensely more powerful...not realizing it was so difficult to develop for.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Yeah but that isnt the topic right now is it? But...but...Sony said this. lol
    When companies don't open up the specs, rumors run rampant, it's par for the course.
    And lets face it MS has actually said sweet FA about the system. People fill in the dots. Some people are perhaps a bit more artistic with their version of the missing pieces than others, but they are no less right then those that go the boring route

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    i still can't believe that i fell for the PS3 being immensely more powerful...not realizing it was so difficult to develop for.
    Those awesome looking 1st party exclusives were due to developer talent and their ability to exploit the hardware. All that other Cell stuff (which Sony has now dropped) was PR just like what MS is doing now.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-04-2013 at 03:42.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Fun Fact: The flop difference between the PS3 and 360 GPU are almost identical in percentages as the gap between the Xbox One and the PS4 GPU. Of course this time the One is the weaker.

And yet people tell me that the PS3 has the better graphics.......

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Fun Fact: The flop difference between the PS3 and 360 GPU are almost identical in percentages as the gap between the Xbox One and the PS4 GPU. Of course this time the One is the weaker. And yet people tell me that the PS3 has the better graphics.......
    It does on certain 1st party games. But that credit goes to better developers not "the cell."

Power Member
    Items User name style
    It does on certain 1st party games. But that credit goes to better developers not "the cell."
    Oath it does, I cant wait to see what GG and ND can do free of those restrictions.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Oath it does, I cant wait to see what GG and ND can do free of those restrictions.
    Oh yeah, me too.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    When companies don't open up the specs, rumors run rampant, it's par for the course. And lets face it MS has actually said sweet FA about the system. People fill in the dots. Some people are perhaps a bit more artistic with their version of the missing pieces than others, but they are no less right then those that go the boring route
    Yeah I'm looking forward to a deep dive tech analysis of final hardware for both. Just out of curiosity. And I still need to see Sony's cooling solution. I've already seen MS and it looks pretty heavy duty especially with that giant fan and big case.

Dedicated Member
    Fun Fact: The flop difference between the PS3 and 360 GPU are almost identical in percentages as the gap between the Xbox One and the PS4 GPU. Of course this time the One is the weaker.

And yet people tell me that the PS3 has the better graphics.......
    Going with a by percentage comparison as the numbers get larger, doesn't quite help the X1 in this situation. With the ps3 having the advantage though, a lot of that power was locked up in the Cell which is why the 1st party could look so much better, they could/had to dedicate more time into using the power there to get real gains.

The way I see it is that while the ps3 had a little weaker GPU, it had a graphically powerful CPU that could be used to push graphics above what the 360 could do, while the 360 had the more powerful GPU but a CPU that could not do as much graphically to assist.

Also just wondering what numbers are you using for flop performance with the 360 and ps3. Quick searching I found 317 vs 406, 360 and ps3 respectively.

Thread Information