Latest PSU headlines:

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

The UK can snoop... or at least, the do.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/02/r...rnment-access/

PRISM isn't just for US agencies -- last month it was revealed that the UK's Government Communication Headquarters (GCHQ) has been using the program to collect emails, photos and video content from an assortment of internet providers. Now, a German newspaper claims to know what companies collaborated with the security agency. According to The Gaurdian, Süddeutsche identified Verizon, Vodafone, Global Crossing, Level 3, BT, Interoute and Viatel as firms that participated in Tempora, a program that gave the GCHQ widespread access to the undersea fiber optic cables. The operation was all quite hush-hush, with do***ents referring to participating outfits by obscure code names: "Dacron" for Verizon, for instance, and "Little" for Level 3.
    Parliament has already dismissed the agency's snooping as legal, but do***ents seen by The Guardian suggest that some telecoms may have illegally given the GCHQ access to other companies' cables without permission. Naturally, the firms involved were quick to dismiss foul play, with representatives from Verizon, Interoute and Vodaphone each assuring The Guardian that it was merely complying with UK law. True enough, probably, but we can't help but wonder if the operators weren't coaxed into cooperation with the promise of cool code-names.
    Goodness. Where will it end. Better yet, when will it end?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    here comes my conspiracy theorist side of me:

the internet was at first a military tool, right?

then it was released in the public.....so you're saying that this former military tool that the government spent godly amounts of money on wasn't going to be monitored in some way from the beginning? i don't buy it....

i have always thought that they watched "us" through programs or whatnot on the internet. sorry but i just can't believe that they haven't been snooping around since the beginning.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post

then it was released in the public.....so you're saying that this former military tool that the government spent godly amounts of money on wasn't going to be monitored in some way from the beginning? i don't buy it....

i have always thought that they watched "us" through programs or whatnot on the internet. sorry but i just can't believe that they haven't been snooping around since the beginning.
    It's not that far fetched to believe that one JD. I just read an article that the US Postal Service takes pictures of every piece of mail that is processed. SOURCE

Goodness.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's not that far fetched to believe that one JD. I just read an article that the US Postal Service takes pictures of every piece of mail that is processed. SOURCE

Goodness.
    in the words of frank from "everybody loves ramond"

HOLY CRAP!!!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    JD, that wouldn't surprise me at all. I mean, why not have some contingency protocols, right? I'm sure they were experimenting with it at first, seeing how the world likes it, but yeah, these safety protocols had to be there when the military went online for the first time.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    right guys, anybody who things the gov't isn't watching the internet is a damn fool

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    they monitor everything

"Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"

Supreme Veteran

Simply put nothing new.. This has been happening for decades

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    My privacy is invaded!! OUtage!!!

Goes on twitter and says "I had too much booze and shat myself" ****pic.img

10. Likes JDizzleNO1 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran

Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

12. Likes Lebowski , John25 wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post

And you shouldn't.

Here is a little known fact. Global IP address assignment is currently controlled by IANA, a division of ICANN. ICANN operates on license from the US Department of Commerce. Globally, IP address assignment, routing, etc... is controlled by the US government.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    And you shouldn't.

Here is a little known fact. Global IP address assignment is currently controlled by IANA, a division of ICANN. ICANN operates on license from the US Department of Commerce. Globally, IP address assignment, routing, etc... is controlled by the US government.
    nice, i did not know this. thank you for the info

Thread Information