Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

PSU's Revised Rules & Disciplinary Process

Dear community,

Below are the revised rules and disciplinary measures that will be used to enforce them. As you can see, we aimed to make the rules a bit more concise and sorted them into 3 main categories. It’s business as usual; everyone is expected to treat other members and staff with respect and is to conduct themselves properly and contribute family friendly content on the site.

They are subject to change as a countermeasure to any problematic trends that may arise in the future. Please adhere to these and do your part in creating a community that is welcoming to the droves of people who will flood through our site next gen.

The banning process aims to make sure that everyone knows where they stand. It offers the opportunity to change but also sends people packing should they choose not to.

Naturally, the team is open to civilised and well thought out feedback on both the new rules and disciplinary measures.

PSU has a lot of potential as both a news site and a forum and the community will make it or break it. Choose to be part of the solution and let’s get ready for next gen.

FORUM RULES

1.0 [- Engaging with the Community -]

:: PSU forums are a place for friendly and intelligent discussion on all things PlayStation. Discussions are best when they are held in a civil manner and are well thought out to support the variety of opinions that participants usually contribute.

1.1 Insults, threats, and personal attacks are in no way permitted. (No flaming)
    :: In the spirit of civil discussion, members must refrain from any kind of personal attacks or insults against other members, be they direct or passive aggressive. This includes the likes of belittling someone’s opinion by bringing their personal preferences for example. If you are unable to respond to somebody’s argument without attacking them personally then please refrain from posting. This rule also covers all forms of harassment in both forums and PM.

1.2 Do not incite or work to cause disruption and drama. (No trolling)
    :: For the sake of mature discussions, do not post controversial statements or opinions with the intent to upset or rile up other members.Be mindful and considerate and don't instigate arguments.

1.3 Report counter-productive posts instead of reacting to them. (No vigilantes)
    :: If you see a post that you think is counter-productive to civil discussion, please report the post and allow the moderation team to resolve the issue privately and diplomatically instead of creating a flame war in the thread. Be part of the solution, not the problem!

2.0 [- Engaging with the Staff -]

:: PSU has a healthy staff of passionate, friendly, smart and communicative moderators who are here to ensure that your experience in the forums is a pleasant one; free from trolling, flaming and FUD campaigns.

:: If a member posts in a way that goes against the rules of engagement, they can expect a PM from one of the moderators explaining how they have acted outside PSU’s rules and guidelines.

2.1 Please reply to communication from mods if a reported post is acted upon.
    :: We expect member to communicate with the mods in order to resolve any underlying issues. As a result, we ask that members reply to moderators when their misbehavior is brought up. We also ask that members acknowledge and understand the situation, and that they agree to refrain from such behavior in the future.

:: If that member persists with the same behavior they will receive temp bans of increasing duration with the maximum of one year. Temp bans will be issued at the agreement of at least two members of the mod team. Permabans will be used only in the most extreme of cases.

2.2 If disciplinary action is decided, do not contest it or work around it.
    :: Please respect PSU’s communicative approach by not openly contesting reactive measures taken by the team if their diplomacy is exhausted. Please refrain from creating duplicate accounts to try and argue your case. Simply wait out the duration of your ban and come back with a fresh perspective on how you can help maintain a healthier atmosphere on the site.

2.3 Listen to the warnings and guidelines set by the staff. (No insubordination)
    :: Often and also in certain scenarios, the staff may lay down general warnings and regulations. Do not ignore these, nor should anyone engage the staff directly witihn the thread about them. If you are unsatisfied with it (or, in general, the actions of any staff member), then contact a staff member via PM or create a thread in the Feedback Section concerning it.

3.0 [- Content and General Conduct -]

:: We know that you have many interesting ideas and thoughts to contribute across the ongoing flow of forum threads, and we look forward to your input! There are a few things to take note of when manifesting these into posts.

3.1 Please keep the default font size and color for your posts.
    :: It is greatly preferred to keep your post’s font size and color as the standard size 2 and black. Of course size variation is great for expression and presentations in some posts, but NO ONE wants to see this as your standard font. Be reasonable.

3.2 Offensive, rude language will not be tolerated at all.
    :: Naturally, $#@!phobia, racism, and sexism are also not allowed at all. Fanboy terminology such as Xbot, Sony droid, M$ etc is not allowed.

3.3 Don't derail discussions by going off topic.
    :: Introducing irrelevant information with the purpose of disrupting the theme of the thread is counter-productive to healthy discussion and isn't allowed.

3.4 Keep the forums clean of useless, distracting material. (No spamming/advertising)
    :: Do no use PSU as an avenue of advertising or the self promotion of other sites, blogs, Youtube channels, etc. Spam also includes posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic and posting multiple posts or threads on the same subject. Repetitive material, whether text or images, may also count as spam.

3.5 Please refrain from posting [SPOILERS] without warning.
    :: Ruining surprise elements in any kind of entertainment media is not cool, be it comics, TV series, movies or games. Please tag threads with spoiler discussion with [SPOILERS] and use the spoiler code to hide sensitive info in threads. Game of Thrones spoilers of any degree earn an automatic 10 year ban (or until the final episode of the entire series has aired) < joking...but can leave it in!?

:: We cannot simply punish members for posting any kind of spoiler. In many cases it is a gray area. But it is usually obvious when a member posts spoilers with the agenda to troll and ruin the experience for others. They will be dealt with.

3.6 Keep PSU a family friendly site.
    :: Don’t post any material or link to any websites that are unsuitable to younger viewers. Such content includes erotic, offensive or violent messages, pictures, articles or URLs. These principles apply to a user’s avatar and sig as well.

3.7 Hacking/Modding/Piracy tutorials and information is not allowed.
    :: PSU doesn’t support the hacking culture in our forums. We have a dedicated thread to discussion on the subject, but any content such as images, article, videos or URLs that aid members in hacking any kind of gaming platform is not allowed. The same applies to emulator programs for legacy platforms, and torrent linking.

[- Additional Notes -]

|| Policy on Religious and Political Discussions ||
    :: These are generally discouraged because they are often controversial and have proven web-wide to be two topics that rarely last long before devolving into a congregation of immature, unwanted behavior. As with all healthy discussions however, if they remain civil and well thought out, they will stay open. The rules of engaging the community must be upheld with extra gusto in these threads and any off-hand remarks should be reported then ignored.

|| Policy on 360 Sales Discussion ||
    :: All articles, info and rumors pertaining to 360 sales ought to stay in the designated Xbox 360 Sales Thread. The rules listed by Cuguy for this particular thread are still in effect.

|| Forum's Signature * avatar Rules ||
    :: Signatures or avatars with rule-breaking content will naturally be removed. Signatures or avatars that are epileptic in nature may be removed at staff's discretion. All new signatures must follow the new rules (current signatures can stay as they are). Signature sizes are listed below.

Normal members - 460x140 @150KB
    Staff / Editors / Design Squad Members - 500x160 @200KB
    Subscribers / Pink Subs - 540x200 @250KB

.:: DISCIPLINARY PROCESS ::.

:: When a mod contacts you because of problematic behavior, they will explain the rule you broke, how you broke it and why it's unhealthy for the forums. At this point PSU expects members to change their posting habits accordingly. For those who have trouble in this regard, we are now offering a special process to aid members in reflecting upon their habits. After receiving said PM and after engaging with the mod, you will then have a 30 day probation period. If you break the same rule during those 30 days you will receive an automatic temp ban.

:: Once you have come back from your ban, there is another 30 day probation period where breaking the rule a third time will earn you another auto temp ban of increased duration. Bans can extend upto 30 days but custom bans can be made by admins or the CM in special situations. Permabans will only happen when the team believes the member has no desire to change in order to contribute to a healthy community.

Stage 1: Private message with warning + user note + 30 day probation

Stage 2: 3-7 day ban, depending on moderator(s) judgement + 30 day probation
    * Section bans may apply instead if it's isolated section behavior, ranging from 4-14 day ban to a section(s).

Stage 3: Two week ban + 30 day probation

Stage 4: One month ban + 30 day probation
    * The 1 month charge may repeat again if a member breaks rules, but still shows signs of improving and is worth keeping on the forums

Stage 5: Perma-ban
    :: Only for the worst of the worst members who show no signs of improving or state they will not change for the better, after all of the above was done ::
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:03. Reason: Signature rules

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    This seems more of a level playing field for all to adhere to ...
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    So I didn't see it on there exactly but are we not allowed to use curse words now? I've seen mods editing them with softer words or expletive here. Please tell me no all is the same.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I think it is words like F over use and the C over use.. But the S word is used all the time and i guess it does need to be explained a wee bit clearer on what is what.. But over all

They are nice new rules
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    So I didn't see it on there exactly but are we not allowed to use curse words now? I've seen mods editing them with softer words or expletive here. Please tell me no all is the same.
    That is something we haven't discussed yet, but for right now there isn't a swear filter. I think the edits you are talking about were made to posts that were hostile towards other members, mods reworded some of these posts. There isn't a swear filter or a list of banned words.

6. Likes Omar likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    That is something we haven't discussed yet, but for right now there isn't a swear filter. I think the edits you are talking about were made to posts that were hostile towards other members, mods reworded some of these posts. There isn't a swear filter or a list of banned words.
    OK I can understand editing for personal attacks. Please do not ban them again! I think everyone here has shown that it can be done without abusing it. These game companies piss me of someone, curse words are just needed. Lol

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

8. Likes Nerevar , Shingo likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i agree. But their is awarness and self control, in how you express that annonce and hatred

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    For the time being, just continue using said words "responsibly" and all will be well.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    OK I can understand editing for personal attacks. Please do not ban them again! I think everyone here has shown that it can be done without abusing it. These game companies piss me of someone, curse words are just needed. Lol
    I mean some games really deserve to have a few words said about them

Thank you itachi

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    I mean some games really deserve to have a few words said about them
    Like...anything from Crapcom?! I have a few choice words for them. Put DLC on the disc again I will ****ing come over and lay the ****ing smackdown on all those dumb *** ******* and ***holes. Thanks for taking a **** all over Resident Evil too, stupid ********. **** survival horror, we need some more set pieces all up in this *****. Oh have you heard, Street ****ing Fighter super delux remix ****ing version white pokemon fighter edition is coming out soon, yeah they released a lesser version two ****ing weeks ago...and what?

13. Likes mondofish likes this post
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Like...anything from Crapcom?! I have a few choice words for them. Put DLC on the disc again I will ****ing come over and lay the ****ing smackdown on all those dumb *** ******* and ***holes. Thanks for taking a **** all over Resident Evil too, stupid ********. **** survival horror, we need some more set pieces all up in this *****. Oh have you heard, Street ****ing Fighter super delux remix ****ing version white pokemon fighter edition is coming out soon, yeah they released a lesser version two ****ing weeks ago...and what?

This is my view on your censorship filter

Thank you itachi

15. Likes Fon , Ghost likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The words themselves aren't banned, but it was how they were used. For example, I can say $#@! $#@! $#@! $#@!, etc. But if I say, "Hey Ghost, these new rules $#@!in suck, you stupid $#@!", then the mods might change that to, "Hey Ghost, these rules [disappoint me], you [unworthy miscreant]."

At least, that's how I understand it.

17. Likes PS4freak , Omar likes this post
    Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The words themselves aren't banned, but it was how they were used. For example, I can say $#@! $#@! $#@! $#@!, etc. But if I say, "Hey Ghost, these new rules $#@!in suck, you stupid $#@!", then the mods might change that to, "Hey Ghost, these rules [disappoint me], you [unworthy miscreant]."

Awesome interpretation.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    "Hey Ghost, these rules [disappoint me], you [unworthy miscreant]."

20. Likes mynd likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    *Derails the thread

Kidding sounds cool.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    This seems more of a level playing field for all to adhere to ...
    Yeah it sounds like a good rule system to me.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    *Derails the thread Kidding sounds cool.
    You have recieved an infraction from PSU. 3 month ban with 18 month probation for thread derailment. Take this time off to think about your actions. lol

banned for impersonating a mod.
    Last edited by Omar; 08-04-2013 at 02:36.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Kuro is unbannable

Mwahahaha!!

Lol

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

25. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I always wanted to say that to somebody. lol

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    I know I'm new to this community, but I LOVE how "derailed" things get. I've never been a part of a forums board before, but this is great. Love the new rules Ghost-Rhayne. Keep up the good work buddy! But now I've got "Hurt feelings" and "Channing on your Tatums" stuck in my head.

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I always wanted to say that to somebody. lol
    I've seen it, lived it, you don't want this son. A veteran of the ban. JK

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvy View Post
    I've seen it, lived it, you don't want this son. A veteran of the ban. JK
    Believe me brother I've had more than my share of them. lol If youre a veteran of the ban then I'm the Grand Master of the ban. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-04-2013 at 02:21.

Forum Overseer
    Rad has had a colorful history here. weren't we arch enemies for a number of years?

this post brings me immense satisfaction.
    Last edited by Omar; 08-04-2013 at 02:40.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Believe me brother I've had more than my share of them. lol If youre a veteran of the ban then I'm the Grand Master of the ban. lol
    Then I shall aspire to beat your record and become Sufi's number one enemy.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

32. Likes Fon , mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvy View Post
    Then I shall aspire to beat your record and become Sufi's number one enemy.
    lol Poor Sufi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Rad has had a colorful history here. weren't we arch enemies for a number of years? this post brings me immense satisfaction.
    Yep I remember. Me and A7MAD used to team up against you back when him and I were big Xbox fans on here. We would get into some really hostile debates. lol
    Last edited by Omar; 08-04-2013 at 02:47.

Thread Information