Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus

Best DLC this gen?

We all know DLC is one of the best and worst things about this generation. It can give further revenue to developers. It can add hours and much more depth to your favorite games. It can also cripple the core experience if taken away from the original game or divide a fanbase.

With that being said, what DLC have you purchased that was really worth it? In other words, what DLC was done right? What was the best DLC this gen?

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hmmm, good question. I thought that the Skyrim Dragonborn DLC was a great...it added a new land, new abilities and heaps of other stuff that I appreciated. Also, the DLC for Borderlands was really really good, ESPECIALLY the Knoxx one. I haven't played the BL2 DLC yet as I'm waiting for a GOTY edition but from what I've seen it looks badass.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    For me it was the Skyrim DLC and ME2 and ME3 DLC.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Drogon-Born for Skyrim. . It is so freaking amazing and an Morrowind flaskback
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Undead Nightmare-Red Dead Redemption.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by JunoDivided View Post
    Got to agree now give or take though I haven't played many of games that have been extremely good that purchasing DLC has been justified.

Any of the Batman Games probably come to mind though right now plus Undead Nightmare.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Yeah I hate DLC but expansion packs are always awesome, probably the best thing about this gen, before it was only available on PC (Morrowind on Xbox 1 for example, you pretty much had to buy the GOTY edition IIRC) but with Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout etc. you can just buy whichever expansion you want. Although I just wait for the GOTY editions with all the patches pre installed.

It sucks that EA didn't do it for The Sims 3 though, they released The Sims 3 Pets as a separate game, so nothing transferred over you had to start from scratch WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I'll wait to answer this until the Bioshock Infinite DLC and Last of Us singleplayer DLC comes out.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Hmmm, good question. I thought that the Skyrim Dragonborn DLC was a great...it added a new land, new abilities and heaps of other stuff that I appreciated. Also, the DLC for Borderlands was really really good, ESPECIALLY the Knoxx one. I haven't played the BL2 DLC yet as I'm waiting for a GOTY edition but from what I've seen it looks badass.
    The Tiny Tina DLC for Borderlands 2 is amazing. It's one of the best pieces of DLC I've played this generation.

And to piggyback off of mistercrow, you can't go wrong with the Mass Effect DLC. I really liked the Omega DLC for ME3. Aria is such a badass.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Speaking of GOTY Editions need to go get some complete edition games from PSN lol.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    I liked mass effect 2 lair of the shadowbroker.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    Just started playing this for the first time and heard nothing but good things with this dlc, looking forward to it.

I'd say Dragonborn as well. Added so much to my most played game. The most worthy Skyrim add-on IMO..

PSN ID
    Auctopus
    Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss DLC

Firstly, Dark Souls became my favourite game of all time back in 2011 and the release of this substantial DLC just made my heart grow fonder for FROM Software. You've probably heard already but Dark Souls is a game where you have to find the story/lore yourself, it's all over: in items, in the landscape, in characters. However, a figure that was left in an air of mystery during the vanilla game was Artorias. This DLC answers those questions, adds 4 bosses, brand-new lore heavy areas, new enemy types, new armour, new dialogue, new PvP areas and just all-around excellence.

All for like 9.99!

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Requiem Of The Goddess. Because it's one of about two dlc's i bought.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Ballad of Gay Tony for me.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    WipEout HD - Fury expansion. So amazing

17. Likes Arimax likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    If EA did one game right with DLC it was Skate 2 for me SV pack and Rob Fantasy Park plus Maloof Cup added even more hours of gameplay to an almost perfect game.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Drogon-Born for Skyrim. . It is so freaking amazing and an Morrowind flaskback
    This.

And this.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Battlefield 3 Premium for me.

The amount of content was huge. Maps, modes, dog tags, cammos, assignments, weapons just to name afew of the extras has kept me entertained since release. I know I'm not choosing 1 DLC pack in particular but as a package the lot has been worth every penny.

Will definitely be doing the same for BF4 if the premium pass is going ahead again.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Undead Nightmare for RDR and Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 (better story than the main game)

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yeah I hate DLC but expansion packs are always awesome, probably the best thing about this gen, before it was only available on PC (Morrowind on Xbox 1 for example, you pretty much had to buy the GOTY edition IIRC) but with Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout etc. you can just buy whichever expansion you want. Although I just wait for the GOTY editions with all the patches pre installed.

It sucks that EA didn't do it for The Sims 3 though, they released The Sims 3 Pets as a separate game, so nothing transferred over you had to start from scratch WTF
    I hate DLC too one $#@!ty about this generation of gaming well there were some good packs for Borderlands i might be interested in heard they are big. I did that with Resident Evil 5 and got the gold edition thinking of trading it in. I might consider Selvaria DLC for Valkyria Chronicles some point. I brought some Soul Calibur V content.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia 2 and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Lair of the Shadow Broker. But I'm sure I'm missing loads.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    I tend to like the DLC that is more like the expansion packs of old. Admittedly, I've bought several costume packs and things that don't add dimension to the actual gameplay.

One DLC I think is worth noting was the packs for Warhawk. Each one not only included a new map (with several variances, as warhawk players know) but a new vehicle which drastically altered the tactics and overall experience.

For example, the first pack added a second aerial vehicle, the dropship. It held multiple players and could pick up ground vehicles, which could dramatically shorten the distance between yours and the enemy's base for a quick flag capture.

The second pack added the APC, which also carried multiple passengers and not only served as a mobile spawn point, but granted players a random weapon when they spawned in it. It also had a shield function which would block incoming fire and destroy any hawks that touched it.

The third pack added the jetpack, which might not sound like much, but it completely changed the tactics of the game, as single players could become much more valuable without the need for vehicles. It also allowed players to eject from their hawks in-flight.

These DLC also allowed you to use the vehicle on the original maps as well. They were a great value, especially when you could bundle them. Add this to the big patches they made to the game that added new modes and weapons, and you've got yourself a shining example of what post-launch support should be.

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

far cry 3 blood dragon

Thread Information